6 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

And if you wanted to get shippy, it _does_ kinda look like Wickerbottom and Maxwell are immediately assuming the other one sent their card...kind of confronting each other with hands on hips there.

And if this is the case that means all the survivors must use Maxwell's actual name: William because the cards were all signed with -W.

On 2/15/2017 at 4:34 AM, isthisworkingnow said:

And if this is the case that means all the survivors must use Maxwell's actual name: William because the cards were all signed with -W.

OR...an M that was accidentally read upside-down.  Convenient how Maxwell's initials both work that way!  ;)

EDIT:  The main thing Willow really needs for Christmas Winter's Feast Valentine's Day is to NOT FREEZE WHEN INSANE!  I'd say give her back the total fire immunity or the infinite lighter, but that's probably not gonna happen.  But being unable to stop and make a fire to stop a constant health drain from freezing without a much BIGGER hit to HP from a shadow monster?  That.  SUCKS. Big time.  (There are numerous mods, of course--I'll say that again--NUMEROUS--that can give her back these traits...most of which also take away _both_ her downsides, the new and the old.  I regard that as kinda cheaty, so I use the one that gives her the insanity-_fires_ back.  Heh.*)

And can we stop a moment and realise just _how_ sad Woodie's ilfe must be, if he automatically assumed that the valentine HAD to come from his axe, and not even _remotely_ possibly another person?  Wow.

...Notorious

*You know my horrible, inevitable "You Set My Heart on Fire" pun screenshot?  My original intent for that was to have her stand in the circle of roses left by the wandering stagehand.  Except that she was kinda insane at the time, so she kept SETTING ALL THE FLOWERS ON FIRE!  I eventually found just _one_ flower that looked big and fancy, posed her near that, and called it a day.  But it was totally _gonna_ be a circle of red roses.

11 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

OR...an M that was accidentally read upside-down.  Convenient how Maxwell's initials both work that way!  ;)

EDIT:  The main thing Willow really needs for Christmas Winter's Feast Valentine's Day is to NOT FREEZE WHEN INSANE!  I'd say give her back the total fire immunity or the infinite lighter, but that's probably not gonna happen.  But being unable to stop and make a fire to stop a constant health drain from freezing without a much BIGGER hit to HP from a shadow monster?  That.  SUCKS. Big time.  (There are numerous mods, of course--I'll say that again--NUMEROUS--that can give her back these traits...most of which also take away _both_ her downsides, the new and the old.  I regard that as kinda cheaty, so I use the one that gives her the insanity-_fires_ back.  Heh.)

And can we stop a moment and realise just _how_ sad Woodie's ilfe must be, if he automatically assumed that the valentine HAD to come from his axe, and not even _remotely_ possibly another person?  Wow.

...Notorious

Looked more like he was explaining he's not cheating, to me.

Also, it can't be read as an M, considering the heart would be upside down. She's literally the smartest one in the group :')

Hmmm...I assume that at least a _few_ people in the group do know his real name, if we consider that they might've been spending actual time together, and not just resetting every time some group of players puts a new group together?  (Although THAT has fascinatingly creepy potential, along "Do the games know they're being played?" lines.) 

I don't know _who_ all I personally believe knows, but Wickerbottom would definitely be one of them.  Wilson also probably, since we know more of his and Maxwell's backstory, and in the "A New Reign" video he's the one who ended up on the Nightmare Throne.  And Wendy (and Abigail), obviously. (And DUH Charlie, but she's not a playable.)

(Interestingly, if you stop and think about it...the Shipwrecked characters potentially know NEITHER name!  They have their sailing insulted by a rude parrot, "chump", and then are sent on their way. They see _no_ humanoid person starting them off on their journey...does the parrot speak with Maxwell's voice? Is that his way of reaching out to the islands?  Did they see him at any point before, and _sail_ through a portal? I'm getting way off topic but IT'S INTERESTING so shut up. : P)

And haha, Woodie's expression TOTALLY looks like that.  I once had this most _classic_ moment ever in the Sims, where somebody was doing exactly that expression/gesture towards their weeping significant other...WHILE STILL _IN BED_ WITH THE OTHER PERSON!  Naturally I had to screenshot it.  You don't get hilarity like that every day.

...Notorious

I'd honestly assume that the maxwell name problem was a goof on the artists' part with the comic... if this wasn't Klei.

And honestly, even if it IS a goof, we can still say they're just calling our Max "Willy" just to anger him.

Now that's some comedy potential. Old Willy Carter needs his dentures and pitchfork back.

Signing a card comes from the one giving the card not the one receiving it. At least where I live.

The joke was since they all have names starting with "w" noone would know who it came from. Thus being an anonymous message.

That's how I interpereted it at least.

3 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Signing a card comes from the one giving the card not the one receiving it. At least where I live.

The joke was since they all have names starting with "w" noone would know who it came from. Thus being an anonymous message.

That's how I interpereted it at least.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what Klei was going for

2 hours ago, Destros09 said:

Remember the cyclum puzzle with the final answer

1 hour ago, ImDaMisterL said:

By the shapes of the frames, it seems to spell out "NO PUZZLE HERE"... hmm, weird...

5Apg5UH.png

Elmo confirmed next character.

Archived