Custom weapon help

Remember when I couldn't figure out how to give my character a custom item? Good news: I figured it out!

Bad news: It won't show up... At all. Heck, it doesn't show up when I drop it. Also it can't be described and when the mouse is hovering over it, it says MISSING NAME.

Can I get help with this? If not, at least tell me how to make an item craftable?

20170214002233_1.jpg

Toonakie with Tail.zip

Don't have the motivation to look at the moment, but could you explain how you created the custom item ?

Also, you need line like :

GLOBAL.STRINGS.NAMES.YOURITEM = "Name"
        GLOBAL.STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.DESCRIBE.YOURITEM = "Comment of character when describing the item."

In your modmain.lua

15 hours ago, Lumina said:

Don't have the motivation to look at the moment, but could you explain how you created the custom item ?

Also, you need line like :

GLOBAL.STRINGS.NAMES.YOURITEM = "Name"
        GLOBAL.STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.DESCRIBE.YOURITEM = "Comment of character when describing the item."

In your modmain.lua

I found a very simple wand mod on these forums. By very simple, I mean it only had graphics and the ability to equip it. I looked through files to figure out how to use it as a tool, weapon, ect. And I replaced the images with the tail. Though the strange thing is that I do have the ANIMs inputted into the prefab, which what I didn't do when my character wouldn't show up.

I've read the conversation above; that's probably the issue, and I don't really understand it since I'm a beginner at coding lol, but another thing you might want to check is the image file's size; if it exceeds the original image file's size, it will not show properly. 

For example, each body part of a mod (like the head) is a certain size. If I have a body part image file that is 400x400 px (pixels), I cannot rewrite the image file to be 800x800 px; it will come up invisible/ won't work at all.

When making mods, I usually copy the entire .zip file and edit the copy, not the original. so when I'm making the mod, I always have the original files to go back to. If you still have the original files to the item base you worked off of, it'd be great to open that up, and look at the image sizes. If you don't have them/worked off of scratch, I would suggest looking for another item of the same purpose's files and looking at those for reference. (so if you're making a club, for example, open up the hammer file's images and look off of those)

Hope this helped, and good luck with your custom item! I know you said you'll probably leave it be, but I still decided to post this in case you ever came back to it.