Creature Ideas! <- "Put them here!"

• Developer
Just now, Mobbstar said:

How about little glowy worms that fall from the ceiling and burrow themselves in the duplicants' heads in order to control their movement. Not quite shadow creatures driving your minions insane, but it'll do.

We'll have to throw some H2O on infected dupes! :p

They said it would not focus on combat, but there will still be some, you can already attack creatures in this game. 

morphers that take the appearance of a duplicant :p but would be easily noticeable at bedtime, don't think the game would be a good host for that. 

Burrowers that catch a duplicant with their tongue when they pass by. So you have to atleast dig far away by pairs to have one to help. 

Metal-eating creatures that will go and eat your various pipes. 

5 minutes ago, DNsingbanana said:

Metal-eating creatures that will go and eat your various pipes. 

Or creatures that produce corrosive gases? You could try burning the gases at the cost of having to remove all duplicants and losing flammable things.

3 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Why do I keep imagining plant aliens that'll slowly overgrow your base and make everything malfunction if it's not eliminated properly? :o

Creepy invaders sound more like what this game is about :)

EDIT: In hindsight, that sounds like I'd want to see the Zerg rush in. *shudder*

1 hour ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Imagine, dupes will be able to make art, so creatures that ruin said arts!

Thing is, how would you get rid of said creatures? I heard the game wasn't going to focus at all in combat.

Have dupes make art so terrible that the creature dies due to a paradox. Duh.

• Developer
1 minute ago, LongcityJJ said:

A normal doge.

I hope at some point we can tame creatures.

Hah, it would be fun! This reminds me of that movie where the astronaut ends up in an alien planet (Planet 51 was the name, I think), the aliens had literally "Alien" alien dogs!

I think some kind of bug or worm would be interesting, which could eat metal or feed from electricity and if you don't be careful they could infest your base... I don't know some kind of space lice? So if you walk around some biome these lices could stick to the dupes... They would need to be cleaned before entering base to avoid a possible infestation... I just don't imagine a combat system against it, you'll just need some profilaxy and a system to contain them.

Archived