Community Stats

seeing as this is a very statistic dependant game is there any chance will will be able to see community stats for this game at some point ?

like 99999 dupes died due to lack of oxygen this week 

i think this would be really sweet. reminds me of back in the halo days where there was a covenant kill counter on the title screen.

actually, this makes me really want stats ingame, for our playthrough, everything possible to track, under tabs best, average, last run, e.g. population, deaths, food produced, manual power created, max ammout of food stored, time dupes were ill/diseased etc, material spent for building, combined height of ladders, longest ladder, longest time dupe was unhappy/happy, cause of death..

You get the idea, i like stats and it is funny to compare with friends to see different playstyles or experiences. Makes for some funny stories.

3 minutes ago, main_cz said:

actually, this makes me really want stats ingame, for our playthrough, everything possible to track, under tabs best, average, last run, e.g. population, deaths, food produced, manual power created, max ammout of food stored, time dupes were ill/diseased etc, material spent for building, combined height of ladders, longest ladder, longest time dupe was unhappy/happy, cause of death..

You get the idea, i like stats and it is funny to compare with friends to see different playstyles or experiences. Makes for some funny stories.

That does sound cool.
Rather than just starting a new game. You could "surrender" this colony and get those stats.

And maybe with that kind of a  system, you can get a few perks/tokens for a new game +
Ex: If you managed to get more than 30 cycles you get an extra dupe at the start of new game plus.
Or if you produced more than 3-4 types of food you start new game plus with better food that gives a buff for the dupes.

and maybe those perks for new game plus could be 1 times use like tokens. So you could keep the +1Dupe token and +Food token to start a buffed up colony.

What do you guys/girls think?

40 minutes ago, Hempitup said:

and maybe those perks for new game plus could be 1 times use like tokens. So you could keep the +1Dupe token and +Food token to start a buffed up colony.

It would have to be done in a way you can't "grind" for a supreme colony. EDIT: More precisely, the player shouldn't be able to make "bad" colonies just to get better "good" ones. If losing a "good" colony grants one the best/most possible tokens for the next one, that'd be ideal. E.g. you can't save tokens for a "colony after", use them or lose them.

I totally agree!!

I was thinking more of a unique tokens system.
You can only accumulate only one of each.
It would be kinda like goal/achievement system to unlock the tokens.

So "griding" colony wouldn't be as much of a problem.

Do you think that at the start of the new game+ the token should be consumed or it you toggle it on or off ?!
(I prefer the consumed route)

1 minute ago, Hempitup said:

Do you think that at the start of the new game+ the token should be consumed or it you toggle it on or off ?!
(I prefer the consumed route)

I agree, making tokens collectibles would make them less interesting.

Should stats be gathered as seperate sessions or just as sums? The former would be a lot more useful for meta and analysis, such as seeing how tokens influence the success, but the latter would be much easier to arrange for. (I guess the former approach will be taken, since that is basically just (filtered and anonymous) public metrics, which will probably be taken to some degree anyways)

Archived