Ok so this will be a bit over-thought but bear with me.

I am thinking about something similar as with the Extra Adorable Lavae, except with other followers, like pigs, rock lobsters and such

Instead of hatching them however you befriend them and have them follow you as long as 5 days and if feeding them a special food item made in the Crock Pot(which might need to be specialized depending on the follower) during this time. After this time they following would "evolve"(spiders and rock lobster would shed their hide) and this would drop an item that the creature would follow this item like the Chester following his Eye-Bone. The transformation would also give the follower a new look, making them stand out among other of it's kind. The follower get's increased health and damage.

The Follower can then be left at the base, to guard it or similar, they do however need to be fed ever 15 days or starve, and their item turn to ash. Behaviorally, they'll stop eating item off the ground, Rock Lobsters can now help you with mining, the Spiders can now chop wood, and the Bunnymen no longer aggro over holding meat.

I know it's very unlikely it'll be implemented, but it's a fun idea to think about.

What about you guys, what do you think? Comment your thoughts and your suggestions below.

Archived