[Tutorial] Custom recipe/food visible in crockpot/farm

So you made your first custom food and all works fine except the food itself doesn't show in crockpot. The anim itself is fine since the food shows fine on the ground.

If you are in this case, follows theses instructions :

----

You need :

Spriter,

One folder named "yourfood" (replace it by the name of your food), containing another folder named "yourfood"

One image for your food (192*192)

----

1. Open spriter.

2. Create a .scml project in your main folder (the first "yourfood"), name it yourfood.scml.

3. In the project, rename the entity_000 with the name of your prefab

4. Rename the animation "idle"

5. Add your food image (should be in the sub folder named "yourfood")

6. Put the pivot (a small grey circle becoming red when "active") in the center of the image, right click on it, choose "overwrite defaut pivot"). Save and close spriter.

7. Verify that all that should be named "yourfood" is named "yourfood".

8. Create an exported folder in your mod and put the "yourfood" folder containing all the others "yourfood" stuff.

9. Compile (usually, start the game, and it will compile files) and verify it's working fine.

----

Here is an example of custom food.

chocolate.zip

----

This tutorial is using informations provided here, thanks to squeek

Edited by Lumina
  • Health 1

So it's not the first case i see someone asking about how to make food appears in crockpot, here is a small tutorial that should be ok about how to do it. If anything is wrong, let me know, i'll edit it.

I hope it could be useful.

Ok, so since it's a variation of the same principle, how to make food visible on farm plot :

You need one folder named "yourfood" and inside, one folder named "yourfood01"

Inside this last folder (yourfood01), one image named "yourfood01-0.png" (dimensions 192*192)

1. Open spriter.

2. Create a .scml project in your main folder ("yourfood"), name it yourfood.scml.

3. In the project, rename the entity_000 with the name of your prefab

4. Rename the animation "idle"

5. Add your food image (yourfood01-0) (should be in the sub folder named "yourfood01")

6. Put the pivot (a small grey circle becoming red when "active") in the center of the image, right click on it, choose "overwrite defaut pivot"). Save and close spriter.

7. Verify that all the names are right (folder yourfood, subfolder yourfood01, image yourfood01-0)

8. Create an exported folder in your mod and put the "yourfood" folder containing all the others "yourfood" stuff.

9. Compile (usually, start the game, and it will compile files) and verify it's working fine.

----

Here is an exemple of food showing on farm plot : caulifloweye.zip

This is just to show how the folder and name are, don't just replace name and image, you need to create a clean spriter project. Image is mine, so don't use it, thanks :)

----

Let me know if there is a problem.

13 hours ago, Lumina said:

Thank you for the help! was curious tho for step #8 you say create an exported folder, do you mean create a folder name exported or is there some kind of export function i need to do threw spriter?

UPDATE:: I figured out that problem, and got the anim to compile properly however I still cant get it to show in-game, the crop is still coming up invisible. MY mods using 2 prefabs 1 for the seeds and 1 for the product im unsure which one needs to utilize the animation and how to go about applying that.

Thanks again

Edited by edwardtmclean

43 minutes ago, edwardtmclean said:

UPDATE:: after the process of trial and error I was able to figure out how to display the proper animation. Had to set the raw form product in the prefab file to call on it. Thanks for tutorial couldnt have done this without it

Thought i was finished but when testing mod online with friend his game crashes every time, Im not to sure whats causing it. 
Also after uploading mod to steam the image for the coffee_beans no longer showing. If someone could take a look and help point me in the right direction, id really like for this to work multiplayer considering it already exsist in single player

Hot Coffee.rar

Ok, usually when you have problem with mod working fine for you but not for players joining your world it's a problem of host/clients. Since this topic is only about the anim in crockpot/farm (and similar stuff), i suggest you create a new topic about your problem, it will be easier to see what is wrong.
But one reason could be that one of your prefab (or more than one) needs the lines :

if not TheWorld.ismastersim then
        return inst
    end

Anyway, a new topic will be better to speak about it.