Donke60's art hovel or mediocrity

Donke60

I guess this would be considered my first art dump thing probably will not call it an art dump sounds really weird and kinda dum for me anyway take my terrible sketches and doodles. I do wanna be an artist but lack alot so critism for me is welcome and needed so yeah here ya go before I lose my confidence oh and @minespatch

IMG_0086.JPG

IMG_0088.JPG

IMG_0082.JPG

IMG_0083.JPG

IMG_0084.JPG

10 hours ago, minespatch said:

I'm seeing a robed men motif among these images.

Before I criticize, what do you feel you want to emphasize in the moment on what you want to improve? The best way to begin is to evaluate yourself.

Well I guess I want to focus on nice lines and POV

Looks like snowman robots. It's hard to tell because you are only just starting out, but it will get better rapidly, I'm sure of it! Try drawing 3d-looking shapes and simple objects for POV, for lines you just need to practise and experiment.

Good luck and much patience!

41 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Try drawing circles and faces first. It's where I started. Expressions really build one's hands.

Drawing hands really builds my expressions. Faces of frustration ---- hands are where my skill ends.

Though, the proportions on your hands are good, Donke. I like the way the way the fingers are drawn -- they're distinct enough to tell apart.

Well I know its is late but here is my valtines contribution Its a comic I never done one before still have trouble with hands though i'm getting better its mainly drawing the thumb anyway I thought it was cute and sorry in advance for the weird positions it was the only way I could do it comfortably without confusing myself.

This took about an hour 

IMG_0089.JPG

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

Have you done other pictures of the puppet?

No she was a one-use character but as I was drawing I thought it would be helpful to have concept sheets of other characters for drawing them in posistions you know normal stuff and I thought a regualar cast of living puppets would be neat to have for more interactions

But as of now I haven't fully decided on who to have and what not to have so she may comeback in later drawings but as of now she is a namless pawn. 

The backing of the chair should be a long rectangle while the rest is based around messing with perspective. You might want to get a ruler or a book and use it for straight lines until you feel you get what you want. I also highly suggest looking on google images for ideas to work from.

Start with simple rectangles: one for the back, one for the seat itself and two for the armrests
Then add perspective lines to connect the rectangles
Then rinse and repeat until you get a good 3d looking slab chair.

Once you have the basic geometry down, the rest will be really easy.

Ok I have two things to post one is of a puppet because @minespatch given me the suggestion of character puppets 

and the other is a sketch of Jason from the rp the The Circus That I do with @Sketched_Philo @DwerBomb @DragonMage156 @Paxtonnnn @Youknowwho  and @MenaAthena just joined I'll probably end up redoing it soon as I got distracted when a loud tv started and I can only draw in silence and the Maxwell pos piece produced funny results  so I'll keep working on that or will keep it for when I get better.

IMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0101.JPG

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

I'd suggest doing a doodle before going to bed. That would help give you time to do art in silence.

Thats what I do since I only have a table downstairs but my mom surprised me and blared the tv while I was in the middle of drawing. I'll redraw Jason probably tomorrow hard to say because it's the weekend. and that is usually when we get lots of company. but in any case it will be done next week for sure.

Archived