Rhymes with Play 125 - Oxygen Not Included

Just watched the stream, good stuff there.

Just one thing:

Will we be able to pick up machines and beds and stuff and place them elsewhere - instead of deconstructing and reconstructing them? That would have been convenient ie for the oxygen-generators that did not work properly due to high pressure.

great stream yesterday, you guys are very fun to watch and listen to, you should do some lets plays :)

two questions:

is the game going to fully support gamepads as dont starve does?

can an admin change my nickname here on the forum to "main", or "main_cz" please to go with my steam account?

many thanks and well done, you have become my top devs not just with games but with your overall attitude to ppl and fans, you are doing it right!

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

@mewthemew Your work got featured again!

wait, what?!

icouldn't be there for the stream too long yesterday because bad internet, i'll go look!!

Edit: ooooohhh. That one. i remember that one. that was weadon(aka proto wilson) in ONI style having a mental breakdown. and one of your arts was featured, too! (we gotta revive the ONI art thing again. now with 85% more burt.)

7 hours ago, tafelskif said:

Will we be able to pick up machines and beds and stuff and place them elsewhere - instead of deconstructing and reconstructing them? That would have been convenient ie for the oxygen-generators that did not work properly due to high pressure.

In the last week's stream I asked the same, and they said that at the moment no, but in the future will be possible.

A few thoughts about it:
Some small things like lamps, pots, paintings would just need a duplicant to transport and deploy it (just like in Rimworld)
But other objects would need some assistance to be transported, like these for big-ish objects and these for larger ones.

4 hours ago, main_cz said:

is the game going to fully support gamepads as dont starve does?

I don't see how they could do that, since you need a cursor to move around, just like Sim City or Starcraft, but there was a N64 version of Starcraft and I believe there was a console version of Sim City. (btw, Stem Controller would be awesome here, if they ever release that)

2 hours ago, Schmogel said:

Will I be able to buy the game as a gift for another person on Wednesday?

That's an interesting question. We will be using a new purchasing widget that Valve has provided us, so I don't have an answer for you yet. But it's certainly something that would be helpful. I'll check into it. 

• Developer
1 minute ago, NobleBytes said:

I've been lurking for eons. Ever since I heard about this game I've checked in everyday for the status. So glad it's almost here.

-Sincerely,

The lurkiest lurker

Welcome to the forums, Mr. Lurkington! I hope you have fun and enjoy your time around :D

54 minutes ago, Veirian said:

Sorry if this has been answered, but are there gonna be some sort of enemies? Or just environmental dangers? Is there some sort of list with all confirmed features for those that do not have time to watch all the streams?

There will be creatures in the asteroid. They may or may not attack you depending on your actions and their usual behavior may be beneficial or harmful. For example, in the stream there was a creature that created contaminated oxygen, which makes your dupes sick, but might be useful if you have the technology to purify it. Another creature was mentioned to be able to steal your food.

3 minutes ago, XicoFelipe said:

There will be creatures in the asteroid. They may or may not attack you depending on your actions and their usual behavior may be beneficial or harmful. For example, in the stream there was a creature that created contaminated oxygen, which makes your dupes sick, but might be useful if you have the technology to purify it. Another creature was mentioned to be able to steal your food.

And another one that poops slime.

Archived