Seasons in order of difficulty

Easiest to hardest:

Autumn

Winter

Spring

Summer

It is hard to get experience in the summer because by then most players have left and newcomers restart the game.   I've found it is quite easy to make it through the first three without dying once but summer was a challenge especially when you try to wing it without looking stuff up...

I would argue a bit. I see DS game as two parts Early game and Late Game. 

With early game I would rather go:

Autumn

Spring

Winter

Summer

Late game:

Autumn

Spring

Summer

Winter

To explain, Early Game (no base, little to no equipment): Autumn is easy no threats whatsoever. Spring, just make pretty parasol and Straw hat then stand under tree and you will dry off, in case of frog rain make few traps. Winter, burning trees and other stuff in DST will give you enough warm to survive. Summer, no reason to stay on surface, if you join game later in summer all things will be withered anyway.

Late Game (you have base, equipment): Autumn is easy again. Spring, maybe you have umbrella or eyebrella so wetness isn't a problem, in case of frog rain, again, bunch of traps. Summer, with ice flingomatic you can ignore smoldering, you can grow crops, grass and twigs, also endothermic fire and thermal stone with fridge neglect overheating. Winter, you can't grow crops (no dragon fruits), grass, twigs, clothing and thermal stone neglect freezing.

But still you should also look at the things you can get durring those seasons and in that case Winter wins it all.

Being on day 300+, no season is a worry except summer. We dont have enough ice flingomatics to cover everything we dont want to burn (huge pig villages, rabbit villages, all parts of our base, grass gecko yard, farm, more I cant think of right now) and it just sucks having to deal with random things setting on fire. Winter is easy. The first winter you should farm the tam o'shanter, and with the shanter and a thermal stone youre set for the entire season and every winter following, use a sewing machine on the shanter and thermal stones are easy to make. Spring can be a bit annoying since on the very long rainy days, if you dont have something that gives 100% water protection, you will find yourself hiding under trees a bunch to drain some wetness. But it isnt hard its just annoying and is harder on your sanity, but crops grow faster and there isnt much of a problem other than wetness.

Summer on the other hand, it can be easy for one player. make two thermal stones and have ice chester with you, switch the thermal stones out before they go neutral, to stop it from losing durability. But the main problem I find is things setting on fire. one small mistake or if you dont reach the smoulder in time, you can lose a lot of valuable structures just like that. and Overheating is a lot harder to deal with than freezing imo (without ice chester)

On 07/02/2017 at 11:05 AM, Erec said:

I would argue a bit. I see DS game as two parts Early game and Late Game. 

With early game I would rather go:

Autumn

Spring

Winter

Summer

Late game:

Autumn

Spring

Summer

Winter

To explain, Early Game (no base, little to no equipment): Autumn is easy no threats whatsoever. Spring, just make pretty parasol and Straw hat then stand under tree and you will dry off, in case of frog rain make few traps. Winter, burning trees and other stuff in DST will give you enough warm to survive. Summer, no reason to stay on surface, if you join game later in summer all things will be withered anyway.

Late Game (you have base, equipment): Autumn is easy again. Spring, maybe you have umbrella or eyebrella so wetness isn't a problem, in case of frog rain, again, bunch of traps. Summer, with ice flingomatic you can ignore smoldering, you can grow crops, grass and twigs, also endothermic fire and thermal stone with fridge neglect overheating. Winter, you can't grow crops (no dragon fruits), grass, twigs, clothing and thermal stone neglect freezing.

But still you should also look at the things you can get durring those seasons and in that case Winter wins it all.

Have you ever heard of the antlion? :p

14 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Have you ever heard of the antlion? :p

Have you realized that Antlion wasn't in main branch of DST when I posted that? Btw Antlion is bad and content added with it is useless aswell.

On 3/4/2017 at 4:36 PM, Erec said:

Have you realized that Antlion wasn't in main branch of DST when I posted that? Btw Antlion is bad and content added with it is useless aswell.

What's a main branch...? (jk) I'm generally playing beta only, you know, for the sake of more awesome content and helping out with bug fixing, so when a beta comes out, I'm straight into that and not paying too much attention to the main branch. And I generally assume that most people on the forum would be on the main branch, unless specified.

33 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

I'm generally playing beta only, you know, for the sake of more awesome content and helping out with bug fixing, so when a beta comes out, I'm straight into that and not paying too much attention to the main branch.

Then you are doing great job and I respect that.

Archived