World regrowth

There's a setting on world generation called "world regrowth" and from what I've seen it spawns trees over time in their respective biomes as long as there's natural turf. Most turfs in the game are considered natural and I like my base to be varied so I don't like how trees costantly spawn in the middle of my base and getting rid of them gets annoying, especially when the base starts getting bigger. Most things can be disabled, even important stuff such as seasons, dusk/night and more, but the lowest setting for world regrowth is "very slow". Is it possible to have a setting to completely disable it?

I believe I may have suggested this before. But I concur, we haven't got a reason to have World Regrowth the sole World Gen setting to have no "None" or "Disabled" option. I don't even like World Regrowth as a mechanic, I think it was implemented improperly along with the Disease mechanic.

On 2/7/2017 at 10:46 PM, Diaboliko said:

People did complain about it indeed, but very slow regrowth slows it for 20 times, which means that normal trees, for example, will respawn every 100 days. Thats kinda enough. If not - edit tuning.lua by setting regrowth modifiers to zero.

Thanks, I made a mod following your instructions. Here it is: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=860250878. I tested the mod a bit and it seems to be working.

@JohnWatson, I believe you were interested in disabling world regrowth too, so here you go.

Archived