Weighted Voting System + Miscellaneous

This suggestion is coming during an episode of pure, intense rage (although I have thought about it before) after a roughly 7 hour session of DST with my friend in the Here Piggie Piggie Klei Official Server was destroyed in a matter of seconds, mere seconds, after a group of "trolls" came in and voted to restart the world. And this is not the first time this has happened.

Firstly, let me state that I am in full support of there being a Voting system. I absolutely love it. Unfortunately every game, regardless of the platform it is released on, will end up attracting undesirable types if there is a multiplayer option, and the people who are there for either serious play or casual enjoyment need a way to combat the ones who are there to simply ruin the experience for others. However, the current voting system is broken.

My biggest complaint is the fact that people who are dead or have been in the server one day have equal voting rights to the day 50 living users. This simply does not work. With the Klei official servers holding up to 8 players, all it takes is a small group of 3-4 to come and spam the voting system to reset everything. Or, if a group in the server has died and wants to restart it, while a living member wants to continue on with their work in the server, why should they have to reset because the dead overruled them? So long as the living member has met a certain time limit in the server to show they are dedicated to it, they should get to continue. Losing your work sucks.

So, a weighted voting system. I am not a coder so I have no idea the complexity or exact mechanics that could be used to implement such a thing, but I know I would personally support a system in which a) living members get more "voting power" than the dead and b) people who have been in the server longer have more "voting power" than the ones who just joined.

Related to the voting system, it shouldn't be anonymous. Yes, I recognize that some players may try to kick those who had a legitimate reason for starting a kick against them if it doesn't go through simply because they voted them up, but the anonymous system allows users to continually start kick votes without the server being able to identify the culprit.

Now, a completely different suggestion, but related to the trolls incident. A lot of the time it is new, inexperienced users who like to harass the dedicated members. And currently, there are only several official servers available for users who like to play on things that are official, like I do. If possible, I know I would appreciate a few "Experienced Dedicated Servers" in the Klei officials - that is, servers that require you to have played a certain amount of hours in game to join to help lessen the chances of people who have no idea what they're doing joining and ruining the game for everyone else.

Also, a minor note: in-game reports. Just... please.

Thanks for hearing me out. While I have faced my fair share of trolls, griefers, freeloaders, base burners, and the whole spectrum of rotten players in DST, it still remains my favorite game. I have met a lot of wonderful people playing it and really do hope it will be able to rise above the problems caused by the section of the community that is here to bring the rest of us down.

I can attest to how exploitable this system is. I was playing with you guys during a live stream and brought this up in which I was told it's being worked on. The fact a group can hop from server to server and reset and kick everyone in incredibly broken. Having switched from a unanimous vote to democracy helps in some aspects but crippled others. These players undermine the integrety of public servers and drastically ruin the experience for players. I'm aware this has been a problem since the game came out but surely a resolution could've been met by now.

Archived