Let water balloons give wetness to any mob

The morning star (and now the electric dart) are really cool weapons, but their utility is extremely limited. Mobs only gain wetness when it rains, and even during Spring there are long lulls between rain storms. It's mostly a crap-shoot whether the morning star will end up being useful, so it does not get used very often. 

In DST there happens to already be water balloons. Water balloons are pretty limited themselves, and most people do not use them. They're annoying to craft requiring killing a bunch of mosquitoes in the swamp and ice (or filling them at a pond at the loss of some efficiency). 

Here's why waterballoons should give wetness to any mobs in its radius:

• It's easy and quick to implement. The bulk of the work is already done and in the game.
  • It increases the value and utility of THREE separate items with one simple change.
  • It is balanced. The strategy will require using at least 2 inventory slots. Gathering the necessary materials is time-consuming and dangerous. And you still need to aim and throw the unwieldy water balloons at moving targets. 

I also dislike how mobs don't react at all to waterballoons, it feels like as if the item was rushed to the game. Surely when you splash some water on a bird it would fly away, a sleeping spider would wake up, and a hound would go aggro on you.

It would also be interesting if you could wake up other players tossing one at them.

W E. N E E D. T H I S.

I've always wanted to have a reason to craft waterballoons. Right now they're basically useless, only being used as emergency summer lifesavers (luxury fan does that), non pvp damaging dealing item (grief/trolling) and Dragonfly calmers. Would be nice if I could splash some raid bosses and smack em to death with a morning star.

I also wanna add this suggestion: Make water balloons fertilize mushrooms. A mushroom picked in the summer would most likely stay picked until spring. That would be 3 seasons. Adding a way of growing them without rain will reduce the chances of people digging em up and not leaving them to regrow for other players. 

Archived