So during the Winter Feast we had the wonderful mechanic of the Christmas trees and the gift spawns.  One of their most prized and useful drops was a pan flute.  They weren't too common but if you knew how to use the trees it didn't take long to get one.  This was great, especially on public servers, because the pan flute( and mandrakes) are far to rare for the public environment. Now I understand we don't want an item as good as the pan flute flooding the servers BUT all the mandrakes and the panflute are more often than not stolen on the first couple days of the server and never seen again depleting most worlds of an item and resource that should be there.  Also in regards to flooding the servers with too many of a powerful item.....well if we use single player as a litmus test, a pan flute is more common than a tam or walrus tusk at this point.

So what I propose is add the pan flute to the Klaus loot table, whether it be a guarantee or a chance, anything is better than our current state.  Atm you usually get 2 amulets, boss loot and 1 dud gift.  1 of those amulets can easily be replaced with the pan flute and it wouldn't create too much of a flood of pan flutes and it would allow long lasting players and servers access to item that for the most part they cant use or get.  It doesn't seem too much to ask for and I think would add even more incentive to the fight, though not much more is needed.  I fight Klaus no matter what just for the increased Krampus Sack chance.  So give it a consideration Klei, we could use a few more pan flutes.

Archived