The Pure Lack of Luck (how to die from a coconut)

Character: Woodlegs

Days lived: 30

Cause of death: Falling Coconut

Mode: Survival on Shipwrecked

I went to sleep one night, and the second before I fell asleep, Woodlegs started talking about a devil being upon him.

"NOOOOO!!!"

I woke up to the Sealnado being right next to me, and he one-shot me, despite being at full health.  I had a touch stone on another island.

I spawned, and crafted an axe to get some wood to make a log raft.  You guys are really going to get a kick out of this:

I chopped down a tree, and just happened to get the 1% chance of two coconuts falling from a single tree.

I was not happy.

I know this is old but honestly I hated the music so I turned it off, then I hated the ambient noise, I hated listening to my ax, I started playing with the volume lower and lower.  Eventually i just found it easier to mute the volume.  

There is really no part of the audio that I miss, I don't like the chopping noise, the clank on rocks, the spiders, any of the monsters. Honestly Gommer is super annoying and WEBBER. OH I just hated playing around Webber when I had the audio. 

I understand that there are some people that love to smell stinky things and love the sound of nails on a chawk board, I am not one of them. I would rather use my senses to make me happy not miserable.  

Game is a B with audio but an A with out audio.

I will say I just died because of hounds, It would be nice if someone made a mod that captioned important things like hounds or or other monsters.

So to answer your question besides the lack of audible warning a deaf person would enjoy the game more then the average human.  When I play with my GF I actually wear ear plugs so I don't have to listen to that god awful music.  

Archived