Doubloons are way too rare in Hurricane Season, kind of ruins Woodlegs as a character

How should we fix this issue?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. How should we fix this issue?

• Include an easier way to get doubloons during Hurricane Season.
    • Lessen the doubloon cost of Woodlegs's items, and increase the number of the other items required.
    • This issue does not need to be fixed.

Woodlegs is one of my favorite characters, but both his Lucky Hat and The Sea Legs are crafted with doubloons, and doubloons are ridiculously difficult to get during Hurricane Season.  During Hurricane Season, you can only get Doubloons by finding the Yaarctopus (I haven't), the Slot Machine (I haven't), or Trawling, but they are very rare when trawling. 

There are two possible solutions for this:

1.  Make a simpler way to get Doubloons during Hurricane Season

2.  This is probably a better solution, just decrease the number of Doubloons needed to craft Woodlegs's stuff, maybe by 1/2 of the original.  This would make it just as difficult as before to refine it into gold, but it would be less detrimental to Woodlegs.  It can easily be balanced by making the other ingredients in the recipe require more.

Sorry for the super late reply, you probably forgot this thread existed by now.

In all honesty, I haven't played Woodlegs past Mild Season, but he was ridiculously good with his infinite cannon and boat. Slow thing, but when it gets you whatever food you want with little effort, you won't mind how slow it is.

What it sounds like to me is kind of a way to balance out Woodlegs. Plus, you don't need to wear the Lucky Hat 100% of the time, just save the durability of it and equip something else. Same for his boat: use something else until you find a Boat Repair Kit. (There should be one at spawn if you hammer the debris, did you get that one?)

Lowering dubloons cost just doesn't really make sense to me. Instead, try to think of other solutions for the low durability stuff.

Honestly, you have a ship that has an infinite use cannon with high durability. Make use of it by building a row boat out at sea, hop onto it, and start trawling for a Quacken. Hop back onto the Sea Legs, kill it, and get a Booty Bag that generates doubloons daily. Problem solved.

Then again, old thread. Maybe you figured this out by now.

Archived