[Game Update] - Against the Grain Preview (BETA 204445)

This sounds...both intriguing and terrifying. Now I'm waiting to see how long it takes someone on my server to not deliberately mine a sinkhole, but to just accidentally FALL through a crumbly hole in the ground...too close to the base...and end up inflicting bats upon us every single night a whole NEW way!  : P

Seriously, though, I love the idea of more desert stuff/more summer-related stuff?  I absolutely love the desert; it's my favourite dangerous biome.  (You can KEEP the squishy, smelly, creepy-noise swamp...I'll be over here in the harsh-but-solid part, thankyouverymuch.)  Sure, I usually end up basing in a meadow or forest, but the desert is awesome and intriguing.  And tumbleweeds give grass and twigs year round!

As for the "tribute" part...now I'm seeing in my head, again, the bit in Markiplier's Let's Play with Bob where one of them walks calmly right up to the Dragonfly and says something along the lines of:  "HELLO, GOOD CREATURE!  WE COME TO TRADE WITH YOU!"   (dies immediately)  I don't even remember what part of the playthrough that was in, but that one moment just cracks me up. (Okay, looked it up...for anyone curious, it's in the very last part of his said Let's Play...Part 9:  "Slight Do-Over".  But the whole playthrough is pretty funny, if you can get over the head-desking frustration of the EXTREME noobness.)

Anyway, yeah, "tribute"...sounds like something deadly but possibly profitable?  Much like most of Don't Starve itself, or, to some degree...life.  Heh.

...Notorious

• Like 5

Behind the Scenes with Klei: Sinkholes and Cave-Ins

Klei1: Our statistics shows that only 4 players ventured into the caves this month! We can't afford to keep our cave server shards up with this kind of low activity.
Klei2: Well then, if they won't go to the caves, then we'll just have to bring the caves to them!

• Like 20

What  cave-ins means? Why this new structure don't have laziness in the name? I mean, "sitting" at the base with the lazy explorer and the lazy forager, is just perfect, I hope the structure is called lazy teleporator or something with laziness, how about the other gems? i'm very excited to know what will be their use

Edited by Rily

2 hours ago, JellyUltra said:

Is there any chance of there being a setting or something to smooth out that sinkhole texture? My girlfriend has severe trypophobia and if these are abundant then it might stop us being able to play together.

It should not be to hard to "mod", either a mod or a replacement of base file (usually it's not a good idea but in case like this, should be ok), to replace it with a texture more fitting her need.

• Like 1