To Klei: Please disable voting on a few of your official servers

The vote system is a matter that angers a fair amount of people. Some like it for its convenience, some hate it because it lets griefers and newbies end the game. After repeatedly having had my hard work and progress eradicated on several servers by no fault of mine, I cannot at all find fun in servers with this feature enabled. The biggest problem is that I literally see no servers without voting.

Frankly I'm begging Klei to disable this feature on at least one of their servers, just so there can be ONE place for people who share my opinion to enjoy themselves. Thank you very much.

Rather than disabling it completely, it would be better to restrict it to users over say 10-15 days of play time.  It would make it a whole lot less appealing for griefers this way, while still allowing it to be used when appropriate.

6 hours ago, Ecu said:

Rather than disabling it completely, it would be better to restrict it to users over say 10-15 days of play time.  It would make it a whole lot less appealing for griefers this way, while still allowing it to be used when appropriate.

It helps, but not much. It's newbies who use it most of the time because they die or don't know how to survive the seasonal change and they want to drag everyone else down. This is brutally against the principle of Don't Starve and does not help anyone, it is unacceptable to let people bend the game this way because they don't like challenge, they won't learn anything from getting it their way. It was just fine before, regeneration only happened when everyone was dead because that's proof that the world is doomed, now it happens when a portion of players waah-waaaahs the game into submission.

10 hours ago, GruesomeGruel said:

It helps, but not much. It's newbies who use it most of the time because they die or don't know how to survive the seasonal change and they want to drag everyone else down. This is brutally against the principle of Don't Starve and does not help anyone, it is unacceptable to let people bend the game this way because they don't like challenge, they won't learn anything from getting it their way. It was just fine before, regeneration only happened when everyone was dead because that's proof that the world is doomed, now it happens when a portion of players waah-waaaahs the game into submission.

I agree with the removal of voting to regenerate the world.  That really is quite pointless.  However, the other voting options allow one to deal with griefing.  I just feel they need to be limited to those that have played a bit on the server.

Please also see this thread here of mine as the annoying world regeneration votes that happen pretty often (not just on official servers, on any) made me made that one too:

The reason most/all servers are having these vote option seems to be that there is no very clear way of disabling or adjusting the vote options. I've started my own dedicated server and so far I haven't figured out how to disable world regeneration. I've tried, as mentioned in that other thread, a Steam workshop mod but it isn't working properly and we shouldn't need to depend on user-created mods for such fundamental questions anyway.

Archived