Whats the worst injury you ever got.

Someonestolemeberrys

mfw i sliced my thumb open making a sandwich at work

On 1/17/2017 at 4:29 PM, Chris1488 said:

Reveal hidden contents

So about a month ago, some dude in my class with huge feet wasn't watching were he was walking during Gym and backed up right onto my foot (big toe specifically). Pretty damn hard. I was limping around for the rest of the day. The underside of my big toenail looked like a murder scene before it fell off completely like 2 weeks later. My toenail started growing back, but I'm still waiting for it to grow back completely.

Tl;dr I lost my toenail to someone's big foot.

crap dude, ive had my big toenail get cut off in a pool. you could imagine how much that hurt.

Do surgeries count I'm going to guess not so here are mine man I got a high bar to jump.

Wax burns from candle got it off before it caused burns though it still burned my left eye a bit

dislocated my jaw I'm not really sure how I just couldn't open my mouth till i strainee really hard and heard a loud pop. my jaws still funky to this day though its mostly back in order just will make a weird sounds sometimes

Tripped and fell on a recent used oven burner burned the back skin of my right hand good didn't have to go to the doctor Kind of hid it from parents.

bed matress and frame almost crused me got away with a huge scrape of my right arm and a scar for about a year

Hit head on wooden floor after falling from a bed when I was like seven caused blood

slammed door on finger stuff got a little purple

Strained groin doing leg exercises both legs could walk for about two days had to get carried to bus and or car

If ya ask i'll post my surgery ones 

and a lot of scratces and scabs for fighting family but i don't hold many scars the teacher was surprised cause this happened near school time.

Sharpened finger using a pencil sharpeneron purpose I WAS CURIOUS  I thought it would give me sharp nails

5 hours ago, Starthefox said:

One time I got a bruise from sparring with a boy in my martial arts class.

man is he a jack wagon, he treats me and everyone else like a bag of potatoes.

Speaking of fighting,
Don't do what i did when i was younger. Charge a kamehameha wave to destroy your opponent. 
It didn't work but I felt really cool for like 5 seconds until I was thrown into the vending machine.
Lotta glass lotta tears but no blood since I wore my backpack like a turtle shell. And that was the last time I tried that move.

So it was one of those times when I fainted. Growing too fast, poor heart not keeping up and stuff.
It was on one of our scout meetings. I just fainted and my head banged a tree stump we used as a 'chair'. I remember waking up in a hospital. Well, I mean I was awake almost all this time, they brought me back on that meeting pretty fast, but I was kinda unconscious and don't remember anything of that. It wasn't really different from my regular behaviour, for example after puking I said some dumb **** like 'oh, here goes my dinner' or something. So everything was normal besides that I was repeating one question like crazy - 'Was the leader-dude (dunno how to call him in english) present?" It was a single time when he didn't participate due to some important things he had to do, and I decided to pass out on that exact day, lel. When I was finally at hospital, still unconscious, my parents approached me and I asked them 'Who are you'? It probably scared the crap out of them, so shortly after I added 'just joking'.
  It was quite entertaining to listen about this story from friends when I fully recovered after a week or two. Doctors didn't find anything special or dangerous in my temporary problems just like previously, but it was of course a great moment to say 'From now on only 2 hours of computer every day!' and 'Damn, you really should get into sports!'. Well, parents are right with the second one for sure ;-;

Well lemme recall I think I had a grand total of 3 lacerations on different parts of my head.

First one I got when I was I think 4 maybe 5? Can't fully remember anymore. Anyways my parents and me where at a friends house and he had this really big sofa I loved to play on. And me being a young idiot jumped off the damn thing and slammed his head onto the edge of a table. Had to go to the doc quickly to get it stitched up n all. Dunno if I got a scar from that but it hurt from all I remember.

Second one I got when I was 7 I think. Was playing on the playground and one kid pulled my legs away while we where playing and I landed of course head first on the edge of the wood sorrounding the sandbox creating a nice lil wound. Again had to get it stitched. Fun part was that the doc tried to ease my pain a bit with painkillers. Problem was he injected the painkillers in my arm and directly after that stitched my head giving the painkillers no time to work. For that I had a numb arm for the rest of the day. Also left a small scar on my forehead but nowadays I let hair grow over it.

Third one I get at the age of 9. Playing on the school playground and one kid shoved me off something and I yet again fall head first on the edge of a metal piece that keeps the playground objects rooted in place. At least that time the doc was rather competent stitching the wound together. And I think I got a scar but it's not visible since the wound was domewhere on the top of my head (also the a´bandage I got with that one was bumblebee shaped ^_^)

And now a classic that some people already know about.

So when I was 4 my parents took me and my sis to a trip through the USA. So we're at the Grand Canyon and 4 year old me is just minding his own buisness and exploring the are. Until I suddenly trip over a rock (does someone see a pattern here?). I try to soften the blow by trying to get my hands on the ground. What I did not see was the small cactus directly under my left hand. Mom had a pretty good laught when her 4 year old came to her with a left hand that looked like a god damn pin cushion.

Also I once broke my thumb at the age of 2 but I literally have no memory of that. All I know is that I was apparently playing with rocks and when mom toom me by the hand I said "ouch". But that's it.

Probably not the worst but interesting nonetheless.

Me being the clever resourceful kid I was with no nail clipper on hand I decided to use a mechanical pencil sharpener.

When I was younger I was that crazy monkey bar kid. It was literally all I did. I had calluses as expected.

Well turned out their was such thing as too much. One day while swinging from bar to bar an immense pain overwhelmed my hand and I let go in a panic. The fall wasn't too bad. What was bad was how the skin of my entire palm was no longer on my palm, and I had landed hands first in bark chips.

This occured at least three times. One of these times the skin didn't come off completely, but rather only in the center clinging on to my hand only by the edges.

3 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Probably not the worst but interesting nonetheless.

Me being the clever resourceful kid I was with no nail clipper on hand I decided to use a mechanical pencil sharpener.

When I was younger I was that crazy monkey bar kid. It was literally all I did. I had calluses as expected.

Well turned out their was such thing as too much. One day while swinging from bar to bar an immense pain overwhelmed my hand and I let go in a panic. The fall wasn't too bad. What was bad was how the skin of my entire palm was no longer on my palm, and I had landed hands first in bark chips.

This occured at least three times. One of these times the skin didn't come off completely, but rather only in the center clinging on to my hand only by the edges.

Ouch is a understatement. The same thing happened with me with a N64 controller and mario party. Rotating the stick so fast that you don't even notice that your bleeding on the controler. 

7 years old. i had a habit of playing with sewing pins, using them as swords for my toys and such. one day i used them as a trap for one of my stuffed animals. i left 'em face up sticking out of the floor. i forgot they were there and they went STRAIGHT up my heel. and i had to pull them out, myself, because my grandma thougt i was just screaming for attention. 

not the worst but these are my worst because of my clumsiness

i was playing tag with my friends, and one time i was chased by my friend. i went panic because she almost tagged me so i run as fast as i can. suddenly i tripped and fall.
i landed smoothly on my ring finger. after that i cant write correctly until like, 2 weeks or longer

then, my parents asked me to play with my little sister. but my clothes are wet so i had to go to my room, and change clothes suddenly my toe got grazed by the stairs. i checked it and nothing bad happened. 
but when i was waiting my turn to get into the bathroom i saw blood traces, and it's from my toe. i colored the floor beautifully. it left a scar and its still there until now.

my grandma was frying some fish. (y'know, frying foods makes the oil pop) and i was in the bathroom. the kithcen is next to the bathroom, so i'll have to pass the fried fish. when i walked past the fried fish the oil makes a big pop and the hot oil hit my eyelids, almost hitting my eyeball. i only can randomly moan and spam water at my eye

and the most stupid injury is, i was refilling my stapler. i tested it but it wont work. stupidly, i put both my thumb under the stapler and testef it again.
my thumbs united.
i have to pull it out myself, with my teeth.

most of the others are injuries on my knees, because i often fall off with no reason

1 hour ago, rubidiumsart said:

i was playing tag with my friends, and one time i was chased by my friend. i went panic because she almost tagged me so i run as fast as i can. suddenly i tripped and fall.
i landed smoothly on my ring finger. after that i cant write correctly until like, 2 weeks or longer

I felt that while reading. ouch.

Luckily I have never gotten a really really bad injury but there's two times I could've died, or gotten really hurt.

So one of these times I was on an atv ( four-wheeler) and I was maybe like ten idk, but there was this boy and he had a faster Atv and me being the competitive poo I am decided ' screw him and his fancy fast Atv im going to go faster than him'. Now keep in mind I was ten so it was not a full sized atv, it was a miniature that had some balance problems. So I was speeding trying to get past this kid and I hit a pothole, now what happened on my end was I was on the atv, in the air, then on the ground. but according to my parents I somehow flipped and started rolling with the atv behind me. Luckily the Atv stopped rolling before it rolled over me and crushed my poor ten year old body.

The other time was on a scooter, and I was 11 or something. We were in a really hilly place and my father dared me to go down this really steep slope with a log cabin at the end. So I was like ' okay yeah sure dad' so I start riding down this hill and I set a place where im gonna stop. I hit the brakes, and I don't stop. So I kind of freak out because im speeding towards a log cabin with a scooter that will not stop. I decided to try stopping another way, putting my foot down on the ground. I swerved and ended up in a ditch with a stream. I only had scratches but it traumatized me, I will never touch another scooter. There is kinda a funny story with this one because at first I was just laying down on the ground crying, but then I saw someone coming towards me so I stood up. But instead of walking towards the person, I walked in circles crying. Don't really know why, and I didn't know why back then either.

Hmm...old topic, but I'll throw mine in.

When I was 14, I had returned home and found both doors locked, and I had forgotten my key beforhand. I just knew my alcoholic mother got hammered and forgot to unlock the door. I banged on it for 2 hours with no response, and our neighbors weren't exactly the friendliest, so they wouldn't let me phone the police or homeowner.

In the end, my only option to get out of the chill was to break the window with the only hard object nearby: my fist. Had to pull out some fairly large glass chunks out of my hand, and to this day, it still hasn't recovered completely and shakes a little when writing. That was 10 years ago.

Needless to say, that event was slightly traumatic and has left me adamantly hating alcohol ever since. But don't feel sad for me. That garbage is still somehow legal, despite the problems it causes.

Reading other posts makes me see that after all, I didn't get such a bad things... Anyway I'll mention some:

• I tried to be a skater when I was 12 years old. It didn't last much, I did a pretty cool trick jump once that ended up with me landing with my mouth. All the other kids were laughing out loud, and when I got up and opened my mouth, a large flow of blood and a front teeth came out. No one laughed after that... and I noticed something was really wrong just by looking at their faces (The pain and blood all over was another big hint, of course).
  • Then I sticked a knife in my finger down to the bone, while making a burger when I was 13. To this day I still have a bump in my finger as an everlasting sign that I should be a lot more careful when chopping food.
  • When I was 17 during a Karate lesson I heard like if a wooden thing was breaking. It didn't hurt at all at the moment, but it sure did when I left the class. Turned out my knee's insides broke, took me like 3 years to recover, and I still have pain once and then.
  • More recently during an Aikido lesson (4th or 5th lesson in my life) I fell not positioning my arms correctly, and got my shoulder out of place.

Oh And I got dumped by different girlfriends I loved dearly, like 6 times. That counts too!

Archived