Whats the worst injury you ever got.

Someonestolemeberrys

I've got two, both are related to arms.

The first one is once when I was in 8th grade, I was walking to my bus stop and I slipped on some black ice, breaking the fall, with my arm. I went home and stayed there until we went to get it checked.

The second time I was about to go back to summer camp, this happened at least 2 years ago, I was riding my bike, the bike's front tire slipped into a gap between the grass and the sidewalk, I slipped, fell, and fractured my arm again.

Just now, Asparagus said:

I got hit in the head with a rock from a slingshot... and to this day, the back of my head has a lump... my mom went berserk on the kids that did it and well... you dont want to know what happened...

I want to know what happened. Berserking mums are the salt of the Earth.

Just now, Arlesienne said:

I want to know what happened. Berserking mums are the salt of the Earth.

OK... well, at the time, I was with my two cousins, the kids who shot at us were relatives too... they were apparently aiming for my cousin, but then he stopped to pick up a coin on the ground and ended up going past over his head onto mine... my vision got dark for 5 sec and it stung, I looked at the direction where I think it came from and gave them a scowl... then my cousin that picked up the coin looked at me and he turned caucasian white and told me I was bleeding... I wasn't really in any pain... per se... but when I saw the blood, we all ran to my mom... sure enough, you don't mess with moms... especially ones that know they have an alibi if they do something bad... so she stormed off to the kids' house after patching me up... the kids' parents weren't there... and out of sheer anger, she spanked them... oh, but let's get something straight, these were the early 2000's which is like the 90's for a 3rd world country... there was an abundance of trees that have soft branches similar to that of a whip... we call it Wati but IDK what it is in english... and she whipped them with it... along with her sandals, broom, and even her palms... the kids' mother was still not around, and so she got tired of waiting, she went home... to this day, we aren't speaking to them... well my mom isn't... the kids' mom greets me on occasion...

Living a well-fed sheltered life meant that most of my injuries will never be too horrendous. Instead, I can share you the dumbest ones I've made so far.

I think my recent dumbest pain has to be somehow pricking my thumb with a can. That's right, I cut myself on a goddamn tin of condensed milk. That's what I get trying to make me some milk tea in the morning.

Worst injury I ever got was the super-cliche "closed a Swiss Army Knife on my finger."  The thing was, it was on my knuckle and so it healed badly; for about a year, I could only bend my finger halfway, and there's still a pretty swollen scar there.  Besides that, I really haven't gotten hurt much.  Dumbest injury?  I somehow cut myself on a doorway.

2 hours ago, ScienceMachine said:

Living a well-fed sheltered life meant that most of my injuries will never be too horrendous. Instead, I can share you the dumbest ones I've made so far.

I think my recent dumbest pain has to be somehow pricking my thumb with a can. That's right, I cut myself on a goddamn tin of condensed milk. That's what I get trying to make me some milk tea in the morning.

I don't think that's dumb I think that's just unfortunate, also how does "milk tea" work? never heard of it before.

I cut myself TWO TIMES on the same chopper blade while doing the dishes...look I just really want my dishes cleaned thoroughly.

6 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

How does "milk tea" work?

I mean, its p straight forward. Tea with milk. Ta-da.

Other dumb injuries include burning my fingers several times soldering wires together during my communications systems projects and earlier than that, resoldering my headphone wires back onto the volume control chip. The project largely worked, the headphones didn't.

Would you like chronological or alphabetical? Lets just say I have a weird life here are some of the choice ones 

-Dislocation of my sternum
-cracked ribs
-split eyebrow
-3 other head injuries requiring stitches
-stomach ulcers (most painful)
-Crushed nerve
-Was washing a glass with my hand inside- glass broke and went into my hand deeply.
-Minor fracture of patella.
-Fracture of big toe
-Ripping of 3 tendons in knee
-Thrown from horse- 3 times
-Head hit ground and was knocked out
-Heat stroke whilst suffering laryngitis
-Antidepressant cessation syndrome which can end way worse than mine did
-Rupturing of bursa in shoulder- rupturing of bursa in other shoulder
-Dropping wardrobe on ankle- rolling ankle- rolling again- net result- Sprain- healing time- 3 months
-Slamming hand in lock of door that was in locked position- permanent shifting of cartilage in finger tip now sideways.
-Two broken little toes
-Fracture of wrist
-Severe damage to ear canal thanks to lightning striking my house, ever been inside thunder clap? It hurts your ears. 

On 1/15/2017 at 9:22 PM, LadyD said:

Would you like chronological or alphabetical? Lets just say I have a weird life here are some of the choice ones 

-Dislocation of my sternum
-cracked ribs
-split eyebrow
-3 other head injuries requiring stitches
-stomach ulcers (most painful)
-Crushed nerve
-Was washing a glass with my hand inside- glass broke and went into my hand deeply.
-Minor fracture of patella.
-Fracture of big toe
-Ripping of 3 tendons in knee
-Thrown from horse- 3 times
-Head hit ground and was knocked out
-Heat stroke whilst suffering laryngitis
-Antidepressant cessation syndrome which can end way worse than mine did
-Rupturing of bursa in shoulder- rupturing of bursa in other shoulder
-Dropping wardrobe on ankle- rolling ankle- rolling again- net result- Sprain- healing time- 3 months
-Slamming hand in lock of door that was in locked position- permanent shifting of cartilage in finger tip now sideways.
-Two broken little toes
-Fracture of wrist
-Severe damage to ear canal thanks to lightning striking my house, ever been inside thunder clap? It hurts your ears. 

Ill give you a like for a story ;)

My worst injuries so far is,

One toenail ripped off in an escalator eating your foot, in a beer factory.

And at least 10 skinned knees. Really.

Me and my dad go for walks during the summer, and my ankles used to be very weak.

Weak ankles + crazy broken sidewalk = billions of skinned knees.

3 hours ago, Someonestolemeberrys said:

Ill give you a like for a story ;)

Done.

Injury not listed but here is the story.

When I was in high school I used to do jewellery crafting instead of metal work. It was offered, so we made a jewellery box and a big belt sanding machine was there for us to clean up the edges. So I was doing that, then the corner hit something and went flying. My hand holding it went into the sander. The belt went in the opposite direction so spat my hand back out. I lost most of a fingernail on one finger and had a LOT of scratches. 

-I was also 3 jewellery pieces ahead of most. So I helped others.
Someone was working on a twist spiral bracelet. Soldering the two ends together to make a loop. Someone interrupted me soldering my project- a tigers eye ring. I was putting on the surrounds for the gem. I answered their question then went back to it only to see the person walking off bump the bracelet which went flying- I caught it. It was red hot. I got the imprint of the bracelet on palm and all my fingers. Made a nice circle of burns. 

I dropped a soldering iron into my lap- I was wearing shorts and it was red hot. I nearly burnt my lady parts, I did burn my thighs and ankle as I jumped up. 

Well I got this Harry Potter scar on my forehead for a few years before it faded because fat little 7 year old Chris decided he could do a handstand.

He couldn't.

And a more recent story which wasn't self-inflicted: I put it in the spoiler cause blud. 

Spoiler

So about a month ago, some dude in my class with huge feet wasn't watching were he was walking during Gym and backed up right onto my foot (big toe specifically). Pretty damn hard. I was limping around for the rest of the day. The underside of my big toenail looked like a murder scene before it fell off completely like 2 weeks later. My toenail started growing back, but I'm still waiting for it to grow back completely.

Tl;dr I lost my toenail to someone's big foot.

Just now, Chris1488 said:

And a more recent story which wasn't self-inflicted: I put it in the spoiler cause blud. 

Reveal hidden contents

So about a month ago, some dude in my class with huge feet wasn't watching were he was walking during Gym and backed up right onto my foot (big toe specifically). Pretty damn hard. I was limping around for the rest of the day. The underside of my big toenail looked like a murder scene before it fell off completely like 2 weeks later. My toenail started growing back, but I'm still waiting for it to grow back completely.

Tl;dr I lost my toenail to someone's big foot.

rip we both got our big toenail's ripped off

Archived