Rewatched the stream, hunting for small details

There was a lot more to discover than just what they talked about

Duplicants get a "new hope" buff at the start of the game wich most likely decreases stress and expectations to ease the beginning. 

Ladders lower decor value(strange, i find them cute)

Batteries discharge themselves slowly over time.

Regular toilets transform 6.7 kg of dirt into contaminated dirt per use. 

Skill points (particularily those gained by constant work) increase duplicants decor expectation.

You will be able to transmogrify nutrients. Don't ask me what that means. 

You can build things out of different materials.  You can see the manual generator and battery is on default made of copper, but there is a option to make them out of gold. Coppergenerator increases decor by 0.10 (super small), so in gold it must be much better. 

There are areas filled with vacuum, you will have to manage the moment you break the wall to these i guess. 

You require dirt to conduce novice researches. 

You can craft medicines.

The small bladder trait is actually misleading since it does not cause dupes to go to the toilet more often by decreasing the amount they can hold in, but in fact causes them to "produce" more over time.

Klei said f*** you rimworld ans declared highest priority would be 9 and not 1

Materials of the world we only know the name of for now : slime, abyssalite(which seems to be stuck at absolute zero temperature), chlorine, igneous rocks and the morb

For now, when a duplicant levels up its tinkering skill while running on a manual generator, the level up effect is played on the left of the generator where they entered. 

You can create canvas or sculpting blocks for decor. These will have to be painted/sculpted by a duplicant before they can provide bonuses. 

Having no light apparently will increase stress. 

Most item decriptions are 3rd degree and seems quite well made. 

Finally peope really want to use dead bodies as compost for some reason. Secretely i think they hope you can cannibalize one of your duplicants in hard times. 

3 hours ago, DNsingbanana said:

There was a lot more to discover than just what they talked about

Duplicants get a "new hope" buff at the start of the game wich most likely decreases stress and expectations to ease the beginning. 
Quite Rimworldish if you ask me, but it's ok.

Ladders lower decor value(strange, i find them cute)
Me too.

I'm not quite sure about this one, The moment after Jimmy built the Mushbar-generator-thing the power consumption was effectively 0.

Did it change? I believe was 5 Kg.

Skill points (particularily those gained by constant work) increase duplicants decor expectation.

Fancy Name for cook?

You can build things out of different materials.  You can see the manual generator and battery is on default made of copper, but there is a option to make them out of gold. Coppergenerator increases decor by 0.10 (super small), so in gold it must be much better. 
Rimworldish +1

There are areas filled with vacuum, you will have to manage the moment you break the wall to these i guess. 
If it's small it just suck up air (and anything near, including duplicants) until it fills. If its the border of the asteroid, Don' do that.

You require dirt to conduce novice researches. 

You can craft medicines.

The small bladder trait is actually misleading since it does not cause dupes to go to the toilet more often by decreasing the amount they can hold in, but in fact causes them to "produce" more over time.

Klei said f*** you rimworld ans declared highest priority would be 9 and not 1
Rimworldish -10

Materials of the world we only know the name of for now : slime, abyssalite(which seems to be stuck at absolute zero temperature), chlorine, igneous rocks and the morb
I call it "jumping fella"

For now, when a duplicant levels up its tinkering skill while running on a manual generator, the level up effect is played on the left of the generator where they entered. 

You can create canvas or sculpting blocks for decor. These will have to be painted/sculpted by a duplicant before they can provide bonuses. 
Now I feel the urge to make everyone do nothing but paint all day, let's say... once a week.

It's hard to tell where's dark and where's illuminated. Will they add fog of war?

Most item decriptions are 3rd degree and seems quite well made. 

Finally peope really want to use dead bodies as compost for some reason. Secretely i think they hope you can cannibalize one of your duplicants in hard times. 
I'm already playing two games that involve eating people... just... don't...

7 hours ago, Octyabr said:

I'm not quite sure about this one, The moment after Jimmy built the Mushbar-generator-thing the power consumption was effectively 0.

7 hours ago, Octyabr said:

Did it change? I believe was 5 Kg.

Well what i'm sure is it's on the tooltip. 

8 hours ago, Octyabr said:

Fancy Name for cook?

No, cooking is just before on the tech tree, and this branch doesn't have anything on it yet so... Could be very wild! 

Now I feel the urge to make everyone do nothing but paint all day, let's say... once a week.

Yeah hmm.. The ones with good skill will just totally overshadow the other newbies so might be depressing

It's hard to tell where's dark and where's illuminated. Will they add fog of war?

You have a light overlay which tells you which area are lit and which aren't. Now duplicants seem to have a screen-wide see-through vision, and everything else is in the actual fog of war. 

I'm already playing two games that involve eating people... just... don't...

You know it's going to be one of the first mod to come out :p

8 hours ago, Silvercide said:

We also learned that you cant use raw poop as fertilizer 

Sorry to say you actually have to compost it :$

Something I've noticed is that the duplicants are breathing pure oxygen because the air is simply referred to as "oxygen". The air we breath contains only about 20% oxygen and the rest is mostly nitrogen and breathing pure oxygen is actually harmful. I guess different substances can't mix in the game and maybe they don't want to add it because it could get too complex.
EDIT: Also I guess having to make sure that there's not too much oxygen could get tedious.

Dude the last gameplay was sick... Can't wait to play this game...

What called my attention was the ''aliens creatures'' seems some are nice and others are hostile I was so hyped to see them! Unfotunately Jamie died first...

That toilet thing seems difficult to handdle, the 2 times they played it they let the dupes poop on their pants (and on the colony), hope they have a better toilet that doesnt get obstructed in only 2-3 cycles.

8 hours ago, Michi01 said:

Something I've noticed is that the duplicants are breathing pure oxygen because the air is simply referred to as "oxygen". The air we breath contains only about 20% oxygen and the rest is mostly nitrogen and breathing pure oxygen is actually harmful. I guess different substances can't mix in the game and maybe they don't want to add it because it could get too complex.
EDIT: Also I guess having to make sure that there's not too much oxygen could get tedious.

I'm not quite sure, but for what I've seen and judging for the colours, gases tend to mix at least when they are moving, (oxygen upwards, carbon dioxide downwards). 

1 hour ago, SenhorLevi00 said:

What called my attention was the ''aliens creatures'' seems some are nice and others are hostile I was so hyped to see them! Unfotunately Jamie died first...

That toilet thing seems difficult to handdle, the 2 times they played it they let the dupes poop on their pants (and on the colony), hope they have a better toilet that doesnt get obstructed in only 2-3 cycles.

Well in his defence, he was quite busy explaining an awful lot of features in very little time, and he didn't notice that his duplicants were suffocating. 

What I've noticed in this stream was the function of that purple bar beneath each duplicant.

Seemed like a health bar, when the dupes died it slowly depleted before. It depleted when they were suffoxating, and at the meantime it  seemed to regenerate quite quickly when everything is alright. 

When you see the oxygen overlay, o2 and co2 seems to actually mix badly.. you see only blue and red areas, nothing inbetween. It does not seem to create "barely breathable" areas, just breathable and unbreathable one for now. But what we know is that there is also an air pressure parameter, hope there are things to do with that.

The stream was so derpy, right from the start the devs released that huge co2 mass, and then oxygen came super late. You had duplicants spending their time suffocating with the devs talking about how it would be really nice to have a compost right now, like wtf x) 

15 minutes ago, DNsingbanana said:

The stream was so derpy, right from the start the devs released that huge co2 mass, and then oxygen came super late. You had duplicants spending their time suffocating with the devs talking about how it would be really nice to have a compost right now, like wtf x) 

Just further proving that you don't have to be good at games to make them.

17 hours ago, SenhorLevi00 said:

Well, this time there really was no issue with toilet but with oxygen. They couldn't get to toilet as there was to little oxygen there. Still what a horryfying end. You can't breathe, you can't get to the barthroom, you suffocate in a puddle of pee...

12 hours ago, DNsingbanana said:

Seemed like a health bar, when the dupes died it slowly depleted before. It depleted when they were suffoxating, and at the meantime it  seemed to regenerate quite quickly when everything is alright. 

That's what I thought with the other three streams, but what confused me was that that bar appeared and disappeared for no apparent reason. But thankfully, thankfully... was little oxygen to notice what it really does.

When you see the oxygen overlay, o2 and co2 seems to actually mix badly.. you see only blue and red areas, nothing inbetween. It does not seem to create "barely breathable" areas, just breathable and unbreathable one for now. But what we know is that there is also an air pressure parameter, hope there are things to do with that.

Yep. Its a little confusing right now without looking to the code to see whats really going on. Look at this mysterious bubble:

Spoiler

GZfvQD3.gif

In summary we have:

• Very breathable (teal) 
  • Breathable (blue)
  • Barely breathable (pink-ish / purple-ish)
  • Unbreathable (red, hard to tell apart from the former)
  • Slightly toxic (orange)
  • Very toxic (yellow)

Pure oxygen should be very breathable, right? Unbreathable are carbon dioxide, chlorine and hydrogen.

...and he built only one battery, only one oxidizer, built the beds and the microbe-musher way too early, didn't open other areas filled with oxygen.
...and overall started streaming way too late. But, never mind, I feel I've learned a lot and probably won't make everyone die in the first cycle.

32 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

Well, this time there really was no issue with toilet but with oxygen. They couldn't get to toilet as there was to little oxygen there. Still what a horryfying end. You can't breathe, you can't get to the barthroom, you suffocate in a puddle of pee...

I have the impression that Kelly suffocated faster in that puddle, maybe contaminated water, pee if you like, releases toxic air...

Oh! something I almost miss: we can see air temperature, breathability and toxicity, but what about pressure?

Actually it could just be the suffocation bar, seeing as it is not red but blue-ish. The time your duplicants can hold their breath for, so in a environment heavy in co2 with some small areas heavy in o2, it appears and disapears suddenly (only appears when it's not at 100%)

Well that little jumping red thing is.. a small mg of co2 not mixing with o2, rendering the area unbreathable for some reason and moving :p 

1 battery seems quite enough no? why would you need to store that much energy at the start? 

Well when you hover over the air, it tells you which gas is there, and you have the mass i think, so i'm not an expert in physics but i guess the mass of gas in a defined area (here a tile) is the pressure? Or can different gas have the same mass per tile but not same pressure? 

13 minutes ago, Octyabr said:

but what about pressure?

I think the pressure and ways to manipulate it have to be unlocked in the science station. Maybe other areas of the asteroid must have a diferent pressure values and you might have a exosuit to go in these areas.

7 hours ago, DNsingbanana said:

Actually it could just be the suffocation bar, seeing as it is not red but blue-ish. The time your duplicants can hold their breath for, so in a environment heavy in co2 with some small areas heavy in o2, it appears and disapears suddenly (only appears when it's not at 100%)

Yep, very much like this:
tlTZ5Fs.png

1 battery seems quite enough no? why would you need to store that much energy at the start? 

Even more at the start! Since I've noticed they halved the capacity from 20 KJ to 10 KJ.
So, more batteries, less often a duplicant will need to replenish them.

Well when you hover over the air, it tells you which gas is there, and you have the mass i think, so i'm not an expert in physics but i guess the mass of gas in a defined area (here a tile) is the pressure? Or can different gas have the same mass per tile but not same pressure? 

Will depend on the amount of gas and the gravity of the planet / asteroid. Jupiter for instance, a vast ocean of liquid hydrogen due to its monstrous gravity.
But, what I meant for pressure, was not for the gases around, but for the room.

Consider the following scenario:
Your colony is fairly big, and approaching to and edge of the asteroid. You build a nice de-pressurisation room just by the edge of the asteroid with the intention to build a new room outside. You finish it, it's an enclosed room, but besides your duplicants is completely empty, it must be filled with air so that your duplicants can take off their exosuits. You make another duplicant activate a valve and oxygen start flowing from a properly placed vent until the air in the room reaches a desirable pressure.

Don't worry, the game itself will manage that pressure thing, but would be interesting to actually see it.
Why am I making such long posts?

39 minutes ago, Octyabr said:
9 hours ago, DNsingbanana said:

Even more at the start! Since I've noticed they halved the capacity from 20 KJ to 10 KJ.
So, more batteries, less often a duplicant will need to replenish them.

Well.. i would disagree. It doesn't change anything since you're still producing the same , with one or two batteries. You're just able to spend twice more time away from the generator, at the cost of having to run on it.. twice more time. You basically spare a trip to the generator worth of time every two battery depleted, which at the start with the small area you're in is close to nothing, and for me doesn't compensate for the building time, resource, heat and decor cost of the battery. 

I think they might add an indicator, maybe for now there aren't sufficient things to play arounds with pressure, but once it becomes relevant (not an expert in pressure but there are differences of melting points depending on pressure i think) they will give us an overlay for it IMO

8 hours ago, DNsingbanana said:

You're just able to spend twice more time away from the generator, at the cost of having to run on it.. twice more time

...and you'll spend half the time travelling from the generator to whatever is your duplicant doing and vice versa. Besides, a single battery is more likely to discharge while they are sleeping.

Since batteries live up to their name, I wonder if in late-mid game you either upgrade them or unlock better ones.
Another thing I've noticed: while a battery is charging transforms its input (watts) to twice that amount in Joules per second (i.e. 10 watts -> 20 Joules)
I the other hand, while a battery discharges for every watt consumed it discharges twice that in Joules plus a little bit more (heat?)

Spoiler

...and when duplicants finish to do their business... they smile...

18 hours ago, Octyabr said:

Oh! something I almost miss: we can see air temperature, breathability and toxicity, but what about pressure?

Pressure could be lots of fun. I doesn't seem like it is in, but maybe it will? If there are blaster door, it would be cool if there was something like vacuum. The dup in the trailer does have the spacesuit. It is difficult to say whenever it will be to access dangerous/toxic areas only, or if there will be vacuum areas. You can't make a space game and don't have vacuum sucking your colonists out into SPACEEEEEEEEE... right?

The "battery" is actually called small battery, so it's pretty certain we'll get bigger ones. On the september stream, a bigger battery is present somewhere in the tech tree, while in the recent one there is a "energy storage" tech that was currently empty. I also hope we can make portable energy cells, using chemicals.

Well too bad the devs didn't dig to the vacuum cave during the stream, we would've been able to see what's up :/

Archived