Regarding the beekeeper hat & Queen Bee

I dunno if I'm in the minority here, but I really think something needs to be changed about the interaction between these two. 

Numbers first:

Bee Queen does 60 damage regularly to unarmored targets

Against beekeeper hat (no additional armor) - you take 12 dmg, 5% durability (compare to a regular bee which will dock you about 2 hp & 1% durability)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly I really like the design/mechanics of the fight itself - it strongly encourages co-op, use of non-traditional equipment as armor (and mechanic mitigation), and managing damage you take is emphasized more than the other bosses/giants whose damage can be dodged entirely (with varying degrees of difficulty). Considering that the beekeeper hat was buffed (unnecessarily IMO) after this boss creature was released though, it feels like the player can absorb more damage than the boss itself, which really should never be the case.

So a couple of different possible ways I'd go about changing that:

1) Have the Queen be more damaging to this piece of equipment and/or reduce the overall durability of the beekeeper hat

2) Have the Queen's attacks ignore the beekeeper hat armor value almost entirely (if not entirely) so that bringing chest armor feels more like a requirement instead of a (strong) recommendation

As I said, I think it's fairly well designed and since taking damage is mostly unavoidable without NPC automation/intervention or dragging the length of the fight out, it's why I'm not suggesting a damage buff to her. I just think the effectiveness of the beekeeper hat needs to be adjusted in some shape or form.

Archived