Gumbo increase rate for better gifts

At times...don't you feel cheated by the amount of time you spend a day playing DST and your reward for these hours wasted in game is a common skirt or  white tee shirt? Cause I do.

Have you ever felt like their could be a more reasonable way to handle things rather than obtaining random gifts that obviously wasn't worth wasting 8 hours of your day? For example...getting 4 gifts that end up being all common items? ;.;

You see...we can change this with a new system I like to call Gumbo.

what this system would do is give you random gifts, but also increase the chances of a player getting  better gift based on the amount of days on  worlds that you play in.

To make this fair and not broken, the increased chances of better gifts will reset once the fourth (final) gift is given. This means that after that final gift is given to the player, the increased chance rate will be set back to zero, like it was the first day you entered the world.

now by increasing our Gumbo(Chances) Now gifts we receive will still be random but will be more rewarding based on how many days you've played in worlds.

An example: day 0, your increased chances of getting a gift that you don't already have is 0% 50/50, basically random.

day 50(whatever day you wanna go by), your increased chances of getting a gift that you don't already have is 25%(whatever you wanna go by), 65/35, increased chances.

What if a player switches to a world that is past the day for an increased chance rate when the gifts reset?

No worries, the rate would reset to zero no matter what day your on because the gift system resets every new week. The Gumbo system would only register the amount of In game days you've been playing in worlds that week to increase your chances of better gifts. You may have to play over 100 or more days to obtain this increased rate(I don't know how it would work), but it'll be worth it for the veterans that spend days on worlds and the simple players that go into worlds and leave because it balances everything out.

What if I leave a world that I played in for 200 days and switched to a day 1 world?

The Gumbo System would keep count on how many days you've been playing that week, so it would add those 200 days making it 201 days in total, which would still increase your chances for better gifts that week.

Just trying to find a Better system then what we already have.

Archived