Modded Characters In Main Menu (TUTORIAL)

Quick update!

Due to some IRL stuff I have not made much progress recently and I will be busy the next couple of days but I should be able to get this working and near release within the next week or so! (Not making any promises... Not entirely sure how much free time I'll have but I'm hoping that everything'll work out for me! :p )

P.S. @CheeseNuggets101's character mods (including SW characters) will all be compatible with this upon its release! (As of right now I believe it is only Engineer and Medic that are compatible but I'm sure Cheese has plenty of time to update Spy and the SW characters before I get around to finally finishing this and releasing it to the public :) )

Good news, everyone!!!! I'm back at it again! :D

So I've finally gotten Mod Chars In Menu to stop doing things when outside of the main menu! (Before, it would add extra character portraits in the character select screen whether or not that character mod was even enabled but now it's fixed!) All that's left to do now is to create the special modded skins inventory!

I'm deeply sorry about how long it's taken to get this far... I really wanted to get this out before leaving on my trip to Florida (for more than a month x_x) but at least I'm back here and working on it again! Don't worry, it's not dead!

Hey, everyone! The Modded Skin inventory's code is still a work in progress but the assets have been finished! I threw them in ontop of the official inventory to test it out and it looks good! :D

modsinmenu1.png

( Item frame by @PanAzej )

Edited by Fidooop

5 minutes ago, DatShadowJK said:

Is it on steam? I need to SUB IT!

EDIT: Nevermind, found it lol

Not on Steam just yet.... Modded Skins is though! You can subscribe to that and it'll give certain mods the ability to have skins on their content! (Check this thread to see which mods have skins: 

)

Hopefully Mods In Menu will be out soon though! Still have a few bugs and what not to work out as well as actually programming the modded inventory (this was just the assets ontop of the official inventory)

Good news! All bugs, issues, and features have been fixed, solved, and included!

...Except for the modded inventory... But don't fret none! That shan't be too hard to deal with! I'm predicting a release of the mod by tomorrow night if all goes smoothly and according to plan! Along with the release will come updates to Erik and Daniel to make them compatible and an update to Modded Skins. (which is needed to fix a bug that showed up while developing this mod)

I'll be sure to update you all on the progress as it comes along but for now, I shall sleep... *creeps off into the darkness*

Edited by Fidooop

2 hours ago, Fidooop said:

Good news! All bugs, issues, and features have been fixed, solved, and included!

...Except for the modded inventory... But don't fret none! That shan't be too hard to deal with! I'm predicting a release of the mod by tomorrow night if all goes smoothly and according to plan! Along with the release will come updates to Erik and Daniel to make them compatible and an update to Modded Skins. (which is needed to fix a bug that showed up while developing this mod)

I'll be sure to update you all on the progress as it comes along but for now, I shall sleep... *creeps off into the darkness*

Awesome!

Now, I'm thinking about making body-part skins possible... It'd be interesting to have an option to have custom shirts, trousers and all that stuff.

But yeah, I'll wait for the release and see what can be done (if we're allowed to make these, that is).

7 hours ago, PanAzej said:

Awesome!

Now, I'm thinking about making body-part skins possible... It'd be interesting to have an option to have custom shirts, trousers and all that stuff.

But yeah, I'll wait for the release and see what can be done (if we're allowed to make these, that is).

I'm sorry but these are HIGHLY off limits... (as requested by Klei) If they were allowed I would have made them able to be made long long ago in the Modded Skins API... I'm sorry :C

The closest you could get would be to make an equippable hat/body/hands slot item skinnable :L

9 hours ago, Fidooop said:

I'm sorry but these are HIGHLY off limits... (as requested by Klei) If they were allowed I would have made them able to be made long long ago in the Modded Skins API... I'm sorry :C

The closest you could get would be to make an equippable hat/body/hands slot item skinnable :L

Or making new body part skins exclusive to modded characters, I think.

That'd make sense, wouldn't it?

I mean, I would like, for example, to make some costumes for Soldier without a need to make every single one of them a separate character skin. But yeah, I may just stick with what I have at the moment.

Edited by PanAzej

1 minute ago, PanAzej said:

Or making new body part skins exclusive to modded characters, I think.

That'd make sense, wouldn't it?

weeelll..... I don't really know.... I believe you might be pushing it o_o

Just now, Fidooop said:

weeelll..... I don't really know.... I believe you might be pushing it o_o

What if I made Soldier-exclusive body skins. So I don't have to make BLU skins a separate character skin, for example. And I could make some cosmetic changes without forcing users to download x10 more megabytes of repeated symbols.

1 minute ago, PanAzej said:

What if I made Soldier-exclusive body skins. So I don't have to make BLU skins a separate character skin, for example. And I could make some cosmetic changes without forcing users to download x10 more megabytes of repeated symbols.

ehhhhhhhhhh you'd really have to talk with Peter about it

I'm half way done with the special modded skin inventory!

modsinmenu2.png

(Yes, I'm aware that half of the images are gigantic... @CheeseNuggets101 has been made aware and hopefully will fix the issue.)

What do I mean by half way when it looks finished? Well, I actually programmed this over the official inventory to get it working before putting it into my mod as an alternate inventory to toggle back and forth between... THAT is the next step! ....Which will be done tomorrow! *creeps back into the darkness*

• Developer
3 hours ago, Fidooop said:

THAT is the next step! ....Which will be done tomorrow! *creeps back into the darkness*

Or will it?

Will Fidooop fall prey to the clutches of sleep? Will CheeseNuggets ever re-size their images? Shall PeterA come back from his sick leave in time to like these posts?

Find out in the next episode of Forum Ball Z!!!

6 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Or will it?

Will Fidooop fall prey to the clutches of sleep? Will CheeseNuggets ever re-size their images? Shall PeterA come back from his sick leave in time to like these posts?

Find out in the next episode of Forum Ball Z!!!

I lost a few years of my Life Span looking at that.. AND I'M PROUD :wilson_laugh:

Edited by DatShadowJK