New Reign Gamemode

I am honestly almost certain this won't be added to the vanilla game, but this could be used as an idea for modders.

The portal could be replaced with a statue of Charlie. About every 5 days or so, the statue will glow and will cause a random effect to happen to the world that wears off when it's time for another random effect. The portal could be replaced with a statue of Charlie. About every 5 days or so, the statue will glow and will cause a random effect to happen to the world that wears off when it's time for another random effect. Specific effects happen more depending on the most used character. Idea by StarmanNess.

List of effects I could think of:

Let's Rock - Will greatly increase the rate at which meteor showers and earthquakes happen. Meteor showers can now happen all over the world, except for caves.

Infestation - Spawns a ton of spider/hornet nests around the world.

Great Plague - Greatly increases the rate at which plants become diseased/dried out and increases the rate at which food spoils.

Insanity - Sanity drain increased enormously. Increases the rate at which Shadow Monsters spawn.

Betrayal - Pigs will be turned into Tribal Pigs and will attack anyone on site. They have increased damage and speed. If you had ally pigs when this occurred, they will stop being your friend. The Pig King will refuse any offers you give him.  

Charlie Trickery - Normal looking chests will spawn randomly around the world. When opened, they will either explode or spawn enemies. Stagehands will now attack you. They are fast and deal lots of damage. They are invincible, but can be stunned. They will be stunned during the day.

Faulty Science - When prototyping a new invention, there is a chance that the machine you were using to create the item will explode. Exploded machines won't give back resources. Lightning rods have a chance when struck by lightning to shock any object/player around it. Both the Prestihatitator and the Shadow Manipulator have a chance to spawn Shadow Monsters that won't go away until killed.

Drunk - Players have a higher chance of their tools slipping out of their hands when using them and armor falling off when attacked. Players will sometimes pass out, making them unable to do anything for a short time.

Puppy Playhouse - A bunch of hound dens will be spawned around the world and a hound attack will be triggered.

Wes' Curse - Characters can't speak and players can no longer use chat.

Wilson's Curse - Characters lose their special benefits, but keep their negative ones.

Willow's Curse - Rate at which players overheat and freeze increased greatly. Sanity drain increased. Idea by StarmanNess.

Wolfgang's Curse - Everyone grows hungry much faster.

Wendy's Curse - Players take more and deal less damage.

WX-78's Curse - Players can now be hurt by water. Water damage greatly increased.

Wickerbottom's Curse - Players can no longer sleep and they can't eat spoiled/stale food items.

Woodie's Curse - Using tools drains sanity.

Maxwell's Curse - Shadow monsters have greatly increased health and damage.

Wigfrid's Curse - Players can only eat meat. Chances of finding hunts are reduced.

Webber's Curse - Normally friendly mobs will attack you on sight. Sanity drain increased slightly.

That's all I have for now, let me know your ideas and if mine are any good.

Yeah, I agree that this probably should not be implemented in an official capacity.  However, it definitely could be an interesting mod for a sort of minigame/challenge server.  Reminds me a bit of the twitch mod in some ways.

1 hour ago, Arlesienne said:

I would like a mod of this sort. Good luck with making it. Could you notify me when you get it ready?

Sorry, I don't know how to program. If I did, I would definitely give it a try. I just hope some modders or Klei pick it up. I am planning to learn to program, but that's not for a while.

On 1/11/2017 at 9:30 PM, Pasitherus said:

Wes' Curse - Characters can't speak and players can no longer use chat.

Wilson's Curse - Characters lose their special benefits, but keep their negative ones.

Wolfgang's Curse - Everyone grows hungry much faster.

Wendy's Curse - Players take more and deal less damage.

WX-78's Curse - Players can now be hurt by water. Water damage greatly increased.

Wickerbottom's Curse - Players can no longer sleep and they can't eat spoiled/stale food items.

Woodie's Curse - Using tools drains sanity.

Maxwell's Curse - Shadow monsters have greatly increased health and damage.

Wigfrid's Curse - Players can only eat meat. Chances of finding hunts are reduced.

Webber's Curse - Normally friendly mobs will attack you on sight. Sanity drain increased slightly.

Any Willow curse at all? Maybe that player's perception of the world will change, causing cold? Sanity drain will increase from that.

Also I just thought about Wes's curse, and it wouldn't really do anything for people using Discord/Skype. Maybe in addition to that, Wes's curse could cause increased hunger and sanity?

Maxwell's curse could be ignored entirely by a group of sane survivors. Perhaps instead, his curse would cut max HP in half?

StarmanNess, that Willow idea could work, but your other ideas need to be changed. Wes could cause hunger, but it defeats the purpose of the Great Plague. To fix Maxwell's curse, your max sanity could be set very low. Losing even a slight amount of sanity could mean death. Sorry for the very very very late reply. I couldn't get on the site, it kept giving me an error.

On 1/30/2017 at 1:18 AM, Pasitherus said:

mushtree dude

I mean, I do like your idea for Maxwell's curse more than mine, however, this still wouldn't be an issue for the character that the curse is named after, as he gets a built in Tam.

That's something else I noticed, that the character the curse is named after really doesn't suffer from it that much. Well, some of them, anyway. Maybe something special for them?

I also think that a curse's chance of happening should be determined based on the characters in the current world. Maybe even amplifying the effect if there's more than one of the same character. It could even cause people to think about who they pick in a different way.

Archived