no firewall number

Only playing this game for about a week, but never seen this before, so don't know if this is normal, but I've come across a couple of devices that have no firewall number, so Incognita can't hack them, although, the Buster Chip seems to work.  Is this normal?

Is this only happening in Sankaku?  Incognita can't hack anything near a null drone and the game tells you this by showing a dash instead of the firewall count when you have a breaker equipped.  If you select a non-breaker program it should show the numbers again.

It happened to me again.  Yes, DGM, both times, in Sankaku.  Cyberboy2000, first time it happened to a safe and power supply.  This last time it was on a camera and another device that I don't recall what it was, either a sound sensor or a facility DB, so the devices seem to be random.  I do remember the last time I did move a camera or null droid into the room where both devices were located as DGM pointed out.

I am aware of two instances in which this can occur.

1) A hacked device with an operable interface such as a server terminal or nanofab vestibule will remain hackable with Buster Chips but also inoperable if the Daemon on said device was Rubiks, as the game thinks that even though you hacked the device, it still has 1 firewall because of it. You will not see any firewalls on the device in Incognita mode.

2) Much more commonly, a safe, for example, will remain hackable with Buster Chips and targetable by Dr. Xu's Subdermal Tools even after being looted if the safe was EMP'd prior to all of its firewalls being hacked. The game believes that you have not gained control of the safe if you simply EMP'd it, so it gives you the option to fully hack it. You will not see any firewalls on the safe in Incognita mode.

As for cameras and power supplies, I am unable to recreate this. Hopefully I could help at least somewhat. :)

Yeah, that's good info, Nickster.  Both times I saw it happen, there were two devices affected and within close proximity of each other.  I don't know what I did, but on a couple of occasions I would go into Incognita and the firewall numbers would reappear, but if I exited her and used her again, the numbers reverted back to dashes.  From that effect alone, I have to assume this is a bug and not a feature.

On 11.1.2017 at 2:43 AM, crichton said:

Yeah, that's good info, Nickster.  Both times I saw it happen, there were two devices affected and within close proximity of each other.  I don't know what I did, but on a couple of occasions I would go into Incognita and the firewall numbers would reappear, but if I exited her and used her again, the numbers reverted back to dashes.  From that effect alone, I have to assume this is a bug and not a feature.

If it happened when reopening Incognita on the next turn then maybe the null drone was patrolling, although I do think I've seen firewalls in range of a null drone that looked hackable but actually weren't and had dashes when reopening Incognita too.

Archived