Disease cure suggestion

How about making diseased plants curable using Booster Shots? It will help save one their gardens and will make a nice use for the very abundant bee Stingers that have pretty much no use other than sleeping darts and booster shots aren't that necessary most of the time. It will also give player something to do since it requires quite a lot of materials and the transplanted things usually come in great quantities.

The whole point of disease is to shake up your base (along with slowly reducing transplantable resources).  Being able to cure disease would go completely against the intention of the mechanic.  As such, I can see no good reason to implement a suggestion like this.

I still think we should at least have a way of knowing when the disease will start spreading rather then just seeing it happen in front of us.

we have all this magic in game, why not put it to good use and implement a way to let us know when the disease starts in a specific area.

5 hours ago, AniMike said:

I still think we should at least have a way of knowing when the disease will start spreading rather then just seeing it happen in front of us.

we have all this magic in game, why not put it to good use and implement a way to let us know when the disease starts in a specific area.

The idea is that disease isn't really supposed to be fully counterable, from what I understand.  If you could tell when it was going to happen and as such dig up things to avoid the disease, it would no longer serve the purpose it was designed for.  The idea is that the game is throwing a curveball at you, while also reducing the overall transplantable resources in the map.

On 8. 1. 2017 at 6:58 PM, Ecu said:

The whole point of disease is to shake up your base (along with slowly reducing transplantable resources).  Being able to cure disease would go completely against the intention of the mechanic.  As such, I can see no good reason to implement a suggestion like this.

On 13. 1. 2017 at 7:51 AM, Ecu said:

The idea is that disease isn't really supposed to be fully counterable, from what I understand.  If you could tell when it was going to happen and as such dig up things to avoid the disease, it would no longer serve the purpose it was designed for.  The idea is that the game is throwing a curveball at you, while also reducing the overall transplantable resources in the map.

I don't think that is the point of disease at all. In fact I think it is just some half-assed half implemented idea that might or might not get worked on in the future.

It probably only exists to make the Wickerbottom + Lureplant combo not so overpowered.

The overall resource renewability stays the same thanks to infinite tumbleweeds.

On 1/16/2017 at 8:07 AM, Myself49 said:

I don't think that is the point of disease at all. In fact I think it is just some half-assed half implemented idea that might or might not get worked on in the future.

It probably only exists to make the Wickerbottom + Lureplant combo not so overpowered.

The overall resource renewability stays the same thanks to infinite tumbleweeds.

Resource renewability does stay the same, but requires that you go to a specific area.  Transplantable renewability, on the other hand, does not stay the same.  As such, disease reduces convenience over time, forcing you out into the world more often to acquire resources.

1 hour ago, Ecu said:

Resource renewability does stay the same, but requires that you go to a specific area.  Transplantable renewability, on the other hand, does not stay the same.  As such, disease reduces convenience over time, forcing you out into the world more often to acquire resources.

Getting the materials for the booster shots takes time and resources too however. So allowing disease to be cured does not change the convenience over time very much at all.

The problem is that pretty much any danger to you or your base can be prevented by you, the player, in some way. Everything except disease. Which leads me to believe that it wasn't given much thought and is a rather unfinished feature.

1 hour ago, Myself49 said:

Getting the materials for the booster shots takes time and resources too however. So allowing disease to be cured does not change the convenience over time very much at all.

The problem is that pretty much any danger to you or your base can be prevented by you, the player, in some way. Everything except disease. Which leads me to believe that it wasn't given much thought and is a rather unfinished feature.

It could also just as well be an intentional mechanic to force the player to leave their base to acquire replacement resources.  I agree that disease may not be in its final form as of yet, however, I cannot say that it was not given effective thought as it currently accomplishes some things reasonably well.

Archived