What T.V Show Should I Watch This Year? Any Entertaining Ones?

AlbertDelRiver

Hi there! 

Lately in 2016 it's been a struggle for me to find any entertaining T.V Shows, whether this is because I'm too afraid to try a new genre or because I can't find my niché, maybe even because i'm too lazy after all.

I'm willing to try any show, any genre as long as it's new, or brings the genre a new twist or defines a genre.

Except horror/terror because honestly most of them aren't even scary, they're always trying to make you gag than be scared at all.

DISCLAIMER: Most of the T.V Series I watch out there are in Netflix, therefore I would prefer if it's an show from Netflix, rather than cable. Thanks! 

The Netflix region is Canada, please take that into account too!

I'm going to post a couple of T.V Shows I had the best time with in 2016, or any shows I cherished overall in the past decade or so.

QQL2Htb.pngRick and Morty, from it's action filled Sci-Fi and has hidden life pondering existentialist questions, it's one of the best T.V Shows I've experienced with, not to mention it's softly animated art-style.

Not to mention it obviously parodies Back To The Future!

It has gore and pretentious offensive themes, not to mention coarse language, viewer discretion is heavily advised.

community_tv_series-749798041-large.jpgFrom the creative mind of Dan Harmon, who also created Rick and Morty, Community is a well-written comedy and has creative pop-culture references, it's a must-see for anyone who wants to see an eccentric played out mix of unique characters and scenarios, not to mention the incredible acting!

bojack-horseman-2.jpg?w=640Perhaps not the most-feel good T.V Shows out there, although Bojack Horseman contains an somewhat depressing theme, that is much more subtle and apparent in later seasons. It brings in a twisted sort of surreal realism, that somehow was magically brought into an animated T.V Show.  It's a very raunchy, T.V Show, viewer discretion is advised!

It's an Netflix Original, but it's for a very well-understood reason.

BreakingBad.jpg

Emmy nominated drama series for out-standing actor Bryan Cranston and the other cast that composes this drama, from it's master piece written narrative and it's suspense pacing, a series from Vince Gilligan. 

Breaking Bad is a must see for any fan of the drama genre.

Due to it's heavily fueled drug plot and adult themes, viewer discretion is advised too!

The_Walking_Dead_title_card.jpgAnother example of a great drama series, that also has tons of action scenes, comes a gory fueled zombie apocalyptic series that brings in many morale inducing questions. From it's plot that somewhat seems to get more tense by every season, it's one of the most intelligent T.V Shows to ever be created regardless of all the zombie gore it contains. The Walking Dead is not to be under-estimated.

VIEWER DISCRETION IS ALSO, I MEAN ALSO VERY ADVISED ON  THIS ONE.

Alright, guys please post what T.V Shows you could recommend me!

According to the T.V Shows I've thoroughly enjoyed or a personal favorite of yours!

Please post below, thanks guys! This community is the least toxic and friendliest community that I have ever seen!  

6 hours ago, AlbertDelRiver said:

The_Walking_Dead_title_card.jpg

You have good taste I see ;) Well a couple popular TV series that you might like are Friends (if your into comedy/romantic comedy) and Game of Thrones. However the latter is not on Netflix due to Netflix and HBO being rivaling companies -_-

That entirely depends on what sort of thing you enjoy and what languages you have at your disposal. I know "Hustle" BBC produced awes all it's shown to. There is some brilliant writing and great acting, because the cast has experience with stage plays. If you have a vague idea of Poland, "The Ranch" has just concluded, so both are ready for binge-watching. It's best enjoyed in Polish, I'd say, because you see the work done for accents, but it also has English subtitles if you're not good at Polish. There's some pretty sharp observation on politics, society and the boheme.

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

I highly recommend Black Mirror and Westworld(the new tv series).

I have been thinking of trying out Black Mirror, however I have been concerned that the genre of it might be horror, but then again if you recommend it, then Ill give it a try!

As for Westworld, which deals with advanced Sci-Fi then ill also give it a try.

Westworld isn't on my Netflix region unfortunately, however I could program my PvR to record all of the episodes it has!

7 hours ago, TitanCat said:

Son of Zorn, Just found out about it this year.

1668-news-zorn.jpg

You should watch it, Kinda like Bojack but less dark

It's on FOX and not on Netflix, however I could also program my PvR to watch the episodes!

If it's similar to Bojack, then it's a must-see for me.

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

Mike Tyson Mysteries is also pretty funny. I'm a big fan of Norm McDonald so maybe it's bias.

I have also watched Mike Tyson Mysteries, I find it hilarious how Mike Tyson speaks and how awfully accurate it is able to parody Scooby-Doo.

4 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

You have good taste I see ;) Well a couple popular TV series that you might like are Friends (if your into comedy/romantic comedy) and Game of Thrones. However the latter is not on Netflix due to Netflix and HBO being rivaling companies -_-

I have watched Friends with a friend before, it's a very sketchy comedy that branches about a bunch of friends, however it doesn't get in very-depth otherwise.

I've heard a lot of wonderful critic from Game Of Thrones! I'm thinking of watching it but i'm not sure if it's easy to get into considering all the history and medieval themes it shares.

2 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

That entirely depends on what sort of thing you enjoy and what languages you have at your disposal. I know "Hustle" BBC produced awes all it's shown to. There is some brilliant writing and great acting, because the cast has experience with stage plays. If you have a vague idea of Poland, "The Ranch" has just concluded, so both are ready for binge-watching. It's best enjoyed in Polish, I'd say, because you see the work done for accents, but it also has English subtitles if you're not good at Polish. There's some pretty sharp observation on politics, society and the boheme.

I am able to speak English and Spanish, a tiny bit of French, otherwise I'm not able to watch The Ranch, however I could watch it with subtitles! "The Ranch" is this the Netflix Original from Netflix or is it a different show that is from Poland with the same name?

As for Hustle I could very well, program my PvR to record the episodes, however that might take awhile considering how the PvR needs to record all the current episodes playing, not to mention the playback seasons when possible from the network.

17 minutes ago, AlbertDelRiver said:

It's on FOX and not on Netflix, however I could also program my PvR to watch the episodes!

If it's similar to Bojack, then it's a must-see for me.

Hell yea, That's what i'm talking

Don't forget to tell me what your thought about the show

19 minutes ago, AlbertDelRiver said:

I am able to speak English and Spanish, a tiny bit of French, otherwise I'm not able to watch The Ranch, however I could watch it with subtitles! "The Ranch" is this the Netflix Original from Netflix or is it a different show that is from Poland with the same name?

As for Hustle I could very well, program my PvR to record the episodes, however that might take awhile considering how the PvR needs to record all the current episodes playing, not to mention the playback seasons when possible from the network.

Let me see... No, these are two different series. The one I mean was directed by Adamczyk. A clear upside is that now that the show is over, the national TV is, as of now, broadcasting the episodes online on their VOD platform for free whenever you want. If you gain access to TVP Polonia, you'll have the subtitles by default. I'm pretty certain you can find this version elsewhere, and the DVDs all have subtitles.

"Hustle" is definitely a must-see. I don't know what good things like "The Walking Dead", "Game of Thrones" and "Sherlock" are (I saw maybe two random episodes of the last one, quite funny, but I don't feel entitled to talk of it), but for that BBC production, I can vouch for.

6 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

Let me see... No, these are two different series. The one I mean was directed by Adamczyk. A clear upside is that now that the show is over, the national TV is, as of now, broadcasting the episodes online on their VOD platform for free whenever you want. If you gain access to TVP Polonia, you'll have the subtitles by default. I'm pretty certain you can find this version elsewhere, and the DVDs all have subtitles.

"Hustle" is definitely a must-see. I don't know what good things like "The Walking Dead", "Game of Thrones" and "Sherlock" are (I saw maybe two random episodes of the last one, quite funny, but I don't feel entitled to talk of it), but for that BBC production, I can vouch for.

TVP Polonia is a monthly subscription VOD, i'd have to pay $6.99  to watch, however I will watch Hustle! 

As for "The Walking Dead" it's a must-see if you enjoy action scenes and love drama.

4 minutes ago, AlbertDelRiver said:

TVP Polonia is a monthly subscription VOD, i'd have to pay $6.99  to watch, however I will watch Hustle! 

As for "The Walking Dead" it's a must-see if you enjoy action scenes and love drama.

Sounds good indeed! Hmm... I wonder if there would be any possibility of finding you the subtitled episodes somewhere. I know I could translate the original without problems, but that kind of spoils the fun for you, I suppose. I did find an English trailer of the producer, so things may turn round. And yes, I'd be interested in TWD; I heard good things of it.

4 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

Sounds good indeed! Hmm... I wonder if there would be any possibility of finding you the subtitled episodes somewhere. I know I could translate the original without problems, but that kind of spoils the fun for you, I suppose. I did find an English trailer of the producer, so things may turn round. And yes, I'd be interested in TWD; I heard good things of it.

I watched the trailer, the ranch has a charming foreign appeal to it, do you know any sites that has it with subtitles?

As for Hustle, I tried finding it in cable, but couldn't find it anywhere.

I found American Hustle but that's a distinct T.V Series since it's American.

10 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Lucky me, Game Of Thrones is On Demand!

Archived