DS Art Thread for a New Year's Resolution

18 hours ago, minespatch said:

I particularly like the doodle of Wilson poking MAxwell's nose with the shishkabob.:wilson_ecstatic:

Why's Wilson disgusted by the bottle?

Thanks! I liked how that one came out too.

It's a bottle of wine. Just a headcannon of mine.

• Like 1

I'm kind of stuck, so I'd love to get some feedback about the art assets I have for my mod so far. It adds a raincatcher and several crockpot recipes using the water or tonic water you can gather from it after it rains. You get tonic water if the catcher gets zapped and has water in it.

Here is the raincatcher

raincatcher_placer.png.dab217959a62180493357c576eb587a4.png

Here are the recipe items.

mod_display_notdone.thumb.png.b9d0a6344150febdfb46e2f5980fd718.png

I have some other recipe items in mind but the art is not going the way I want it to. Any and all feedback or criticism would be greatly appreciated!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I would love more drinking mods. @PanAzej made one but please make more!

Tonic water would be perfect for Wes.

I like the idea of rain catcher. Makes me think of the fling-o-matic.

Hah! I never thought of the tonic water that way! I'll definitely have to make it a self extinguisher and be able to extinguish fires now. The water too, just not as effectively. Thanks!

• Like 1

I just realized it's September and I was not so good with keeping up my resolution last month. To make up for it I'm going to try and do a 1-2hr doodle of all the characters this month. I think I'm too slow so maybe this will help me speed up a bit and make me more comfortable with putting up unfinished quick pieces.

To start here is Wilson with a thing that best sums up my feelings for September.

september_wilson.thumb.png.85cf08fb39dba9a98dbe0f0eeddc3f95.png

• Like 5

20 hours ago, minespatch said:

Is the bucket-o-poop a metaphor for school?

I love how his sleeves are a different color from his face.

I'm thankfully done with school, but for primary school that definitely would have been! September and fall in general have just been bad luck for my family. Especially for the past two years so I'm just expecting the worst.

• Like 1

I got real frustrated with Wolfgang so I ended up with 2 30 minute rough sketches. I guess I need to work on drawing more beefy people! I'm going to start doodling a character so I can figure them out before an hour rough. That probably would have helped me out this time. I want to move on at the moment.

september_wolfgang.jpg.408d25e390b2ee1b1c9bef9ed797de4b.jpgseptember_wolfgang2.jpg.360b0002b3cd37c271fbe409126b2a94.jpg

• Like 5