Small change to reflect Charlie's Reign

Hey!

This suggestion is proposing something very simple. No entirely different worlds, balancing, grief protection; none of that. Instead, it's pretty simple.

While exploring, I've always wondered why Maxwell Statues are still the same when I find them in Don't Starve Together, after Charlie has began her rule. So, what I propose is this:

• All naturally-generating Maxwell Statues in Don't Starve Together are instead to be Charlie Statues.
  • This Charlie Statue drops the exact same thing as Maxwell Statues - 2-3 Marble.
  • Maxwell can still craft his statue with 3 Marble with the Potter's Wheel.

Please leave feedback, thanks! I'm going to see if I can maybe draw up a Charlie Statue in my free time.

I do like the idea of Charlie statues, as well as the idea of Maxwell Statues being craftable (probably with Wilson's examination being "Who in their right mind would spend the time to make this?"), but they should remain in the world as the clockwork pieces are. Just as a sort of nostalgic thing, and maybe a sign that Charlie still has some respect for Maxwell. Maybe the naturally occurring ones should be more broken down and a big mossy, though.

3 minutes ago, JohnWatson said:

Charlie had only sat on the throne very recently. It would be interesting to still have the Maxwell statues, but when you get close to them, you witness it turning into a Charlie statue.

Haha, thought of the same exact thing, but I was hesistant to propose that idea.

But yeah, sounds pretty cool to me.

Maybe it's because Charlie isn't as egotistical and self absorbing as maxwell did, she do enjoy being elusive and only leaves her tracks in roses, Unlike maxwell who literally taunted you upon entering his world

But i'd still be awesome to see statues of charlie, and to know each of the character's opinion about charlie

14 minutes ago, TitanCat said:

Maybe it's because Charlie isn't as egotistical and self absorbing as maxwell did

6 hours ago, JohnWatson said:

Charlie had only sat on the throne very recently.

Gotta remember the lore, Charlie and Maxwell were (note past tense, not sure about their current relationship - maybe reason for her not knocking maxwell off his throne until wilson did it (double note she knocks wilson straight off after he got on pretty much)) so she might want to keep the statues to help her remember their 'finale'.

But i think the addition of rose covered charlie statues would be quite cool, but also keeping the Maxwell statues (maybe letting them do into disrepair?). Maybe not completely white marble but some black AND white version (note her split personality)

Maybe something like this but with larger veins (this is still marble- look up 'veined marble' on Google Images)

Image result for veined marble

Nice idea btw! :)

Thanks

Richdewsnap

Archived