Island Adventures: A Shipwrecked Port

• Developer
7 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Sounds like this new game with be big. Link the project here sometime when you feel like you can show it to the public.:wilson_goodjob:

We set up a Discord server, if any of you guys wanna check it out: https://discord.gg/jDPS7Sc

We'll probably share some stuff there first before posting in the forums, so it's kind of a behind-the-scenes view :)

Hello, everyone!

I'm finally back from my extended "vacation" and I'm able to get back to work on mods! As some of you may know, @Kzisor is going to be leaving modding for a project of his own and has chosen me to fill in and finish what he started with Island Adventures. Earlier today he sent me all the code and I now have control over the direction this mod goes!

So what's happening now?
Firstly, I've got to finish up my work on the Modded Characters In Menu mod. Then my friends and I (Company of Creators) are currently working on characters of ourselves... We first released Daniel and then Erik. However, Daniel will be going under a full revamp and re-release to the Steam Workshop and then we will be making Yan, Keagan, Noah, Chris, and Andrew. After that's all done I'll finally have enough off of my plate to begin working full force on Island Adventures! However, I will be trying my best to have @halfrose, @Arlesienne@ImDaMisterL, and others work on strings, anims, and art to the side whilst I work on finishing my other projects. We will be trying as best we can to keep the content as close to the original SW as possible. (Aside from the fact that the SW world will be mixed in with the original one) We do have many new creative ideas that we'd like to add to SW but we'd prefer to keep this port mod as close to the original SW as possible and move our own custom ideas to Unnatural Selection which is a massive community DLC mod that will be worked on after Island Adventures gets released. These new additions to Unnatural Selection will only be available when Island Adventures is also enabled on the server.

Want to keep updated?
The easiest and best way to stay updated on the progress of our work is to join the Discord servers we have up for our projects!
Company of Creators: https://discord.gg/BNnHm3t
Island Adventures: https://discord.gg/jDPS7Sc
Unnatural Selection: https://discord.gg/4b3RFaW

However, we will be posting in the Klei Forums as often as we can! (Don't worry, this thread will continue to be used for updating everyone on information regarding Island Adventures)

Edited by Fidooop

5 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

These all link to CoC, you sneaky trickster, you! >:P

But... I grabbed the links out of all the correct servers? The IA one is even the same as the one L linked in the previous post! I'm confused.

EDIT: Oh my god Klei Forums really messed up.............. 0_0
All the links are the same when you hover your mouse over them.....???

EDIT #2: Ok, I fixed it... As well as that typo >~>

Edited by Fidooop

• Developer

Yes, we are still alive! Don't worry!

Progress has been hindered for a while due to some real life problems, but now we got a new programmer on the team, which should help things out a lot.

Mobbstar, the best sea star at coding SW ports that you'll ever see in your whole life.

On 4/23/2017 at 11:39 PM, ImDaMisterL said:

Yes, we are still alive! Don't worry!

Progress has been hindered for a while due to some real life problems, but now we got a new programmer on the team, which should help things out a lot.

Mobbstar, the best sea star at coding SW ports that you'll ever see in your whole life.

L's post still applies, everyone! We're just a bit on-hold for the moment because our programmer's monitor sadly broke, so there won't be much progress in terms of code until he's back. So just know this project is still very much alive, just not being programmed at the moment. Thanks for understanding. 

On 28.5.2017 at 3:12 PM, Chris1488 said:

L's post still applies, everyone! We're just a bit on-hold for the moment because our programmer's monitor sadly broke, so there won't be much progress in terms of code until he's back. So just know this project is still very much alive, just not being programmed at the moment. Thanks for understanding. 

If i just could buy him a new one xd

19 minutes ago, MarfMasterofDesaster said:

This looks great. I'm not sure, but did Klei ever confirm that Shipwrecked will come to DST?

JoeW himself said a couple months ago or some time ago that they do not have any plans to bring SW over to DST, plus Klei is working on multiple games now, so they can't give DST all their attention anymore.

19 minutes ago, MarfMasterofDesaster said:

What made you work on this mod?

Because playing something similar to SW with your friends would be a very fun experience, that's probably why they're making this mod :).

Edited by SuperDavid

Looking forward to see this released. I hope it don't have to be completely finished before first release.
Will it add things, or replace? Will you not be able to play with reign of giant and normal things too at same time?

8 hours ago, EldVarg said:

Looking forward to see this released. I hope it don't have to be completely finished before first release.
Will it add things, or replace? Will you not be able to play with reign of giant and normal things too at same time?

The RoG and SW worlds will be merged, with the RoG world being the spawn, and the SW islands surrounding. We're also gonna add as much as possible (hopefully everything) from the SW dlc without having to replace anything hopefully.

If you just want the SW experience however, we may consider doing a "SW Only" world preset to play only with SW, no RoG.

Edited by Chris1488