Island Adventures: A Shipwrecked Port

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 10:58 PM, Kzisor said:

Wickerbottom will not have her meteor book during alpha testing. We will do extensive internal testing in order to ensure this book is not too powerful for the current game for both Cooperative and Player versus Player game styles.

We already have the panflute that spawns next to the Glommer statue so I don't think you should worry too much about balance in PvP.

Update:

We have some good news and some bad news for the mod.

Good News:

Spoiler

The good news is we've finished decompiling all the animations from both Don't Starve: Shipwrecked and Don't Starve Together.

Bad News:

Spoiler

The bad news is we still have several more weeks of work to get all the symbols collected in a single Spriter project. The sheer amount of data decompiled from both Don't Starve Shipwrecked and Don't Starve Together will take roughly 3 weeks of sorting, merging and possibly even more decompilation.

Unfortunately this weekend I won't be able to work on the mod any due to a project at my real job. We will have our announcement about the Senior Writer position which will be filled on Saturday Jan. 7th, 2016.

Aside from the decompilation process, we've been actively refactoring the mod reducing the amount of functions which are being used by world generation as well as optimizing the functions which are being used. We still have a long way to go, but we still believe we will be able to reach our target goal on time.

Regards
Kzisor/Ysovuka

Update:

We're pleased to announce our two co-senior writers @Arlesienne and @ImDaMisterL. We've had translators ask if it were okay for them to translate the mod into other languages. We're definitely welcoming when it comes to having translations in other languages. If you're a translator and would like to join our team, please send in your samples for of your translations.

Sorry that we don't have more information, but we've been swamped this past week with real life and will continue developing the mod in the coming week.

Regards,
Kzisor/Ysovuka

Update Time:

I want to thank everyone for being patient while we build our team and make progress on the mod.

The last few days have been the most productive that we've had with the gathering all the symbols for the animations. A months worth of work summed up in  single photo.

cd519bdcac9a4bd987cb919ded739740.png

We're now able to completely create new custom animations. Yes you heard that right; don't worry I will be writing a tutorial which will allow YOU to create your own custom animations too. Be warned creating new animations are not from the faint of heart and should never be attempted by a beginner.

We'd like to welcome @SrJardel as the Senior Portuguese Translator to the team. He will be maintaining his own translation mod (see first post for link) which will contain all the translations for Island Adventures.

What's Ahead?

Now that we're moving past the most grueling task at hand, we'll be swiftly playing catch up porting the remaining of the water prefabs getting ready for ALPHA TESTING!!

Edited by Kzisor
Removed alpha testing dates.

18 minutes ago, beargerhunte said:

Amazing~!  I really can't wait  to see want you guys have done in this mod~!

When will you public the mod to the funs? And can we get a beta one? 

It will be public once it's in a state good enough for the public. As currently this is not even past the alpha testing I doubt it'll be that soon. They've been making progress very steadily however so I'd think we're in good hands.

Also I'm going to bet there will be a beta release in the future. 

4 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

It will be public once it's in a state good enough for the public. As currently this is not even past the alpha testing I doubt it'll be that soon. They've been making progress very steadily however so I'd think we're in good hands.

Also I'm going to bet there will be a beta release in the future. 

Thank you~! I will tell my playing groups to be patient.

Update:

So we have some unfortunate news to share. We'll be putting the port on vacation for a few weeks while we take a break to cool off from the massive amount of work which has been put into the mod. If we continue at it while we're drained we will simply be wasting a lot of time. We expect to take a 2-3 week vacation.

What does this mean for the port?

We still have plans to make the port work, we're simply going to push alpha testing back 2-3 weeks. This means instead of being end of February/beginning of March; it will take place at a later date. Trust us, it will be worth the wait. During this vacation there will be no updates posted to this thread, but when we return you can expect to see some updated plans.

See you in a few weeks!

Kzisor/Ysovuka

Haven't you guys heard? Kzisor & his pals where going on a vacation to a 5-star tropical resort but they got shipwrecked on a deserted island instead :wilson_pirate:, now we all must pray that they can get back to civilization via raft & paddle :wilson_angelic:!

• Developer
1 minute ago, SuperDavid said:

Haven't you guys heard? Kzisor & his pals where going on a vacation to a 5-star tropical resort but they got shipwrecked on a deserted island instead :wilson_pirate:, now we all must pray that they can get back to civilization via raft & paddle :wilson_angelic:!

At least we have wifi here.

Hello everyone,

I wanted to give a quick update on the current situation. I will be stepping away from modding DST permanently to begin work on a video game of my own. I will be handing the code for the project over to @Fidooop to do with it what they please. I am confident that they will be able to look at my code and understand it do to the complexity of world generation.

Regards,
Kzisor/Ysovuka