smooth-landing

• Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Co-op for Don't starve

co-op don't starve friends

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 husma

husma

• 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

Ilove don't starve, and i just bought it and sent one to a friend through Steam, and we thought that i'd be a good idea to add co-op to the game, if anyone else agrees, please comment and like. :)

#2 MisterLock

MisterLock

• 496 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

Nope this has been discussed a lot of times from what i understand and the devs said NO

#3 24kgoldring

24kgoldring

• 297 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

Everyone wants it but, it won't happen. Even without it the game is great.

#4 rodrigo4sb

rodrigo4sb

• 248 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

It will happen. Next patch.

Edited by rodrigo4sb, 21 January 2013 - 11:48 AM.

[table="width: 700"]
[tr] [td]

Need info?
Don't Starve Wiki,
always helps

[/td]

[td]
My [Tutorials]
-------------------------------------------
Safe berry farming
Killing Mobs (Update: Tallbirds) (Update: Werepig)
[Misc] - Safe berries ? | Long Beard | Spiders vs Birds | The Killercrow
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

#5 Forgetit411

Forgetit411

• 10 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Well i think from a finance/economic point of view i think they should consider it and maybe add it after the release. Because games like dont starve are hard to find and a great game is even harder. And as this genre of games become popular we will see a lot of different players end this genre and create similar games. We can take dota 2 as an example. It was a popular Warcraft 3 custom game and as popularity grew this game genre grew with LEague of legend and Heros of networth. So if a developer come and created a similar game as to dont starve and offers a feature that dont starve is missing then many will switch. I understand u guys are standing firm on this position of single player but some times we need to be flexible. I enjoy the single player mode and would like to see a MP. I mean it will lock players in more. For example world of Warcraft, the reason it so popular is because of the interaction between individuals. If Kevin doesn't want to add MP. After dont starve is finish. Can the next project you guys do be a MP survival game focus on wilderness. I am a big support of Klei games and want to see more.

#6 Moonkis

Moonkis

• 375 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

Well i think from a finance/economic point of view i think they should consider it and maybe add it after the release. Because games like dont starve are hard to find and a great game is even harder. And as this genre of games become popular we will see a lot of different players end this genre and create similar games. We can take dota 2 as an example. It was a popular Warcraft 3 custom game and as popularity grew this game genre grew with LEague of legend and Heros of networth. So if a developer come and created a similar game as to dont starve and offers a feature that dont starve is missing then many will switch. I understand u guys are standing firm on this position of single player but some times we need to be flexible. I enjoy the single player mode and would like to see a MP. I mean it will lock players in more. For example world of Warcraft, the reason it so popular is because of the interaction between individuals. If Kevin doesn't want to add MP. After dont starve is finish. Can the next project you guys do be a MP survival game focus on wilderness. I am a big support of Klei games and want to see more.

Fortunately they aren't ( as a lot of indie developers ) focused on sqeezing money out of their product, indie game developing is about creating a game YOU ( as the developer/team ) love.

They are going to move onto different projects, and they probably want to make something different.

I'm just saying.

#7 Little Teemo

Little Teemo

• 701 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

so many co-op thread -_-

......One does not simply read this line and not think of Lord of the Rings....

#8 Moonkis

Moonkis

• 375 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

so many co-op thread -_-

Well can you blame them really? Sure their inability to google and/or look at the Multiplayer thread kind of scares me a bit, but come on! The desire for multiplayer is really high.

I mean, co-op would be an amazing feature, I will admit that, though It will not happen in the current roadmap time-frame.

#9 Toaster Fu

Toaster Fu
  • Thousandaire

• 4159 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

so many co-op thread -_-

Trust me, this isn't a lot.;)
Civil
Courteous and polite : we tried to be civil to him.

#10 Tinithor

Tinithor

• 151 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

Co-op really wouldn't add much of anything to the game in my opinion. You'd just run out of stuff to do even faster.

#11 Oranite

Oranite

• 27 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Everyone wants it but, it won't happen. Even without it the game is great.

I believe saying that "it won't happen" is a bit extreme, sure it's not gonna happen in the immediate future, but that doesn't mean that Klei won't decide to start looking into the possibly after the game has been released and a good maturation period has past.

Who knows, maybe 2-3 years down the line there will be a paid expansion for co-op play.

I think the current DS is a great game and well worth the $15, especially with their B1G1 sale. (avg $7.50 for the game) I definitely wouldn't mind shelling up to $20 additionally for the chance to have a co-op or multiplayer experience. (especially if they ever decide to release a mod kit post launch, content is only limited by the dreams and production of mods by the community).

#12 sirmentlegen

sirmentlegen
  • Senior Citizen

• 2909 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

I believe saying that "it won't happen" is a bit extreme, sure it's not gonna happen in the immediate future, but that doesn't mean that Klei won't decide to start looking into the possibly after the game has been released and a good maturation period has past.

Who knows, maybe 2-3 years down the line there will be a paid expansion for co-op play.

I think the current DS is a great game and well worth the $15, especially with their B1G1 sale. (avg $7.50 for the game) I definitely wouldn't mind shelling up to $20 additionally for the chance to have a co-op or multiplayer experience. (especially if they ever decide to release a mod kit post launch, content is only limited by the dreams and production of mods by the community).

http://forums.kleien...401-Multiplayer
"One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic."
-Joseph Stalin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Unofficial Bacon Lord of the forum.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

steamcommunity.com/id/sirmentlegen/

#13 ScienceMachine

ScienceMachine

• 1244 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

We're not saying 'its not going to happen in a million years' because we're skeptical about the idea, it's because the Devs already told us they aren't going to make it.

It takes up too much time and rewriting the code.

-----My Threads-----
My Artsy Fartsy Gallery

#14 Torasko

Torasko

• 410 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

It takes up too much time and rewriting the code.

Plus the game doesn't need it in the first place. All the mechanics are built for a singleplayer experience. Even if the developers would add multiplayer, a lot of stuff would need to get reconfigured so you aren't overpowered when you're playing with another person. On the flip-side, the game would be frustratingly unfair to players who play alone because of these reconfigurations.

Edited by Torasko, 23 January 2013 - 04:58 PM.

#15 rodrigo4sb

rodrigo4sb

• 248 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Maybe they ('the devs') are just joking with us, watching our suffering, and then **Puff** Multiplayer !

Would be a-w-e-s-o-m-e.

Edited by rodrigo4sb, 23 January 2013 - 05:48 PM.

[table="width: 700"]
[tr] [td]

Need info?
Don't Starve Wiki,
always helps

[/td]

[td]
My [Tutorials]
-------------------------------------------
Safe berry farming
Killing Mobs (Update: Tallbirds) (Update: Werepig)
[Misc] - Safe berries ? | Long Beard | Spiders vs Birds | The Killercrow
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

#16 moistedparanoia

moistedparanoia

• 230 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Ilove don't starve, and i just bought it and sent one to a friend through Steam, and we thought that i'd be a good idea to add co-op to the game, if anyone else agrees, please comment and like. :)

Post like these really need to just get banned or whatever.
People like this need to learn to read the Sticky's before posting ANYTHING. I don't know why people still post this multiplayer threads.

It's NOT going to happen; The Dev's had already stated that. Multiple times.

If it does happen it's probably like 1:100000 or something like that.

CHURCH OF BACON

Join the official Church of Bacon group now on Steam!