It would be a feat thing if it was refuleble, since it's a SUPER rare occasions when people actually make them or even use orange gems, making extra ones are a waste, because they use up quickly enough. Picking wood up after chopping and lagging a lot sometimes makes it real hell, but having one of the amulets is very useful. The lazy explorers are mostly the only thing is that being used, tho I think it's fair to say that it doesn't need to have refuel option, it's strong as it is. I rather loose 1 sanity per pickup with an amulet that can be refueled than having fast breaking amulet with less and almost no use what's so ever. (P.s. willow quote about picking up burning materials is a lie :p )

This is a pretty good idea. I think it's been suggested a few times before though. Well, now that we're talking about it in a new thread...

How about the Lazy Forager would be refuelable just like the Magiluminescense? That way you'd have people actually crafting it, not just letting it sit there as a decoration for the Ancient tab. It would be pretty useful when farming wood, mining rocks, fighting mobs and so on. It's just not used since it's an apparent waste of an orange gem and thulecite, one of which isn't currently renewable (and it should be :I).

1 hour ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Well, technically, thulecite is renewable with the duplication trick using a deconstruction staff and construction amulet.

I'm almost 100% certain he meant that orange gems themselves weren't renewable. However... technically they are.. you just have to kill dragonfly.

6 minutes ago, Czeraphine said:

I'm almost 100% certain he meant that orange gems themselves weren't renewable. However... technically they are.. you just have to kill dragonfly.

Well if @Electroely meant the orange gems, then that means they knew about the duplication trick that involves using green gems, as well as the renewable source of those gems. So I'm pretty sure they meant the thulecite. Unless they forgot that the dragonfly drops every kind of gem.

I think it would be neat to allow players refuel unrefuable things once using a craft tab (to craft a new item with the same properties, but since its another item it cannot be repaired) with somewhat decent amount of shadow fuel. The reason to allow it be recharged only once — the gems shall shatter and make you fight dfly. For example, the lazy traveler only worth spending while you are revealing the map, then it becomes too precious to waste :> Same with other ancient tools

1 hour ago, Mantas said:

My point still stands on making the lazy forager being able to refuel it, the only thing that would help cleaning server trash all over the world and picking up wood and such without annoyance of lag

I believe there is a mod which removes items that has lain for quite a long time on the ground. I have no idea how well it is performed, but this idea definetly reduces the lag if well coded (damn bee stings, and winter_food eh?). However, reducing tickrate from 15 to 10 will probably help alot better, since game aint optimized much on timings.

Archived