Koala's Tree of Writing

I'm a bit nervous, seeing as this is my first time making a thread on this section. Been wanting to do this for quite a while but only now gotten around to it. I've been playing Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together for quite a while now, and became quite invested in the world and the lore. All the new quotes and lore from A New Reign in DST got me motivated to imagine Charlie's new additions from the eyes of the survivors, and this is the result. Every chapter will focus on something else added in the dlc and maybe even eventually leak into more things. These will connect/be referenced/mentioned with each other, however, so they will all have some relation to each other. Hoping this goes well, here I go!

Suspicious Marbles/Marble Sculptures(Note: These actually have quite some more content around them, which I will complete in future chapters for sure)

Spoiler

"How much more *pant* do you need for your *pant* marble stalks?" Wiliam groaned as he laid down his pickaxe on the ground, where various bits of marble statues were.

"Marble Shrubs, not stalks. Quit complaining, William, we need marble either way after you wasted it all on tiling the camp." Wilson reminded his tall acquaintance, as he picked up the bits of marble into his backpack. "And stop dropping your tools everywhere, you're spreading out our scents for the hounds." He continued, picking up the pickaxe as well.

William sighed. "For the last time. Their sense of smell is incredibly undeveloped. As impressive as they are, they have the mental capacity of a Pigman."

"Certainly enough to get a few bites on you, wasn't it?" The scientist replied, smirking slightly.

William began walking away alongside Willson, eventually reaching a peculiar sight. 2 statues of a woman's body wrapped in cloth, their heads broken from their bodies, wielding masks, one holding a sword with her other hand, jabbed at the pedestal, and the other holding a staff. The statues shared their carpeted and checkered grounds with 2 statues none of the two recognized, and a large odd figure covered with vines in the center. 

"I haven't seen those before. Did you...?" "No. I never made...those. She did it, I'd assume. Sculpting was never her strong suit, the right one looks like a boulder more than a pillar." The two discussed as they looked at each other surprised. "Either way, marble is marble, I guess." The short scientist said as he began mining the odd sculptures. Suddenly, a sheet of paper dropped from them, somehow unharmed by the sharp pickaxe. It appeared to be a sketch of a statue of sorts. The attempts to comprehend it were cut short by the dusk's arrival, causing the two to quickly mine all the statues, leaving undestructable, petrified and beheaded versions of William's old servants from when he was of use to "Them". 

He had often wondered what was their true origin, seeing as they waited for him to control them rather than create them, and once the ancients perished, their versions survived the calamity, albiet damaged in many ways.

Later on, at their humble camp with the other survivors, as everyone sat near the fire, sharing expriences and gathered resources, William didn't utter a single word, haunted by the visuals he had seen earlier.

Wickerbottom sat near him, giving him a meaty stew and attempting to talk to him. "What was it that you've seen? Higgsbury says all you've seen was a few odd statues." "They were more than statues. Charlie...she...she turned my clockworks into marble. And then beheaded them and covered them up. She even left sketches of some of them inside, just to tease me." "Sketches? Those would make marvelous decoration, surely. How did she even insert them to these mechanical beasts?" "She didn't. They're unminable. By the looks of it, it's magic. The sketch is only granted when all the pieces are in place, and they're lacking their heads."

Their discussion was interrupted by Willow's heavy breathing and panting as she dropped a piece of marble on the ground. After a minute or two she stood back up again, as cheerful as always. "Feel free to continue talking, don't mind me." She said.

"Dear, what is this?" The old librarian commented while examining the suspicious marble piece. It appeared to look like a horse's head. William looked at it particularly curious. "I found it while getting things with Webber this morning. He brought a smaller one himself actually. You always talk about how you want to decorate here." The firestarter replied. William quickly walked over to the marble piece from the two, feeling them with his hands, moving over every small crack. "It's them. Every little detail." He said. 

"There's a third somewhere out there. Do you know where it is?" He asked, motivated to complete the ritual. "We saw one near that weird bug's statue, but it was too heavy to carry." She replied.

William immediatly asked Wilson to aid him re-attach all of the heads, before the two shortly left, lanterns in their hands and heads on their backs.

Edited by AnonymousKoala
  • Like 7