New DST content ported over to DS, Please!

I would like to start by saying I absolutely love Dont Starve and Dont Starve Together, and I immensely appreciate all of the hard work that has gone into both. That said, there are a few things I would love to see put in DS that are only in DST.

-The new DST bosses. The new bosses (i.e. bee queen) is extremely cool and would be a great addition to the solo version that would give experienced players incentive to continue playing the game as it provides more challenges. 

-The new DST mobs. Similar to the bosses, the new mobs would make a great addition to DS that would provide new challenges to experienced players. For example, the shadow pieces could be put in DS as a new set piece that randomly spawns when the world generates, similar to the clockwork set pieces. 

-Maxwell. I just recently unlocked Maxwell in DS and was so excited to play him. However, I was sorely disappointed by the shadow creatures because they barely offer much assistance with mining or wood chopping (i.e. 1 chop for every 5 chops you make). The pigs in DS are more useful for this purpose and you can have more of them compared to Maxwell's minions. In DST, you are able to choose the type of shadow minion you want to summon, and thus you could summon a minion for the specific purpose of chopping wood or mining. It would be nice to have the choice in DS. Additionally, in DS the minions cost 55 sanity regardless of your purpose for them, but in DST the sanity cost varies. Perhaps a trade off for improving the usefulness of the minions, the sanity regen for Maxwell could be reduced slightly (i.e. from 20 to 10). By doing so would still provide some challenge for managing sanity, but would remain easier compared to other characters. At the current moment, I do not use Maxwell's minions AT ALL.

-Craftables. Some of the craftables in DST would be really useful for DS, such as the moon dial or the electric dart. The mushroom planter would also be really useful as well. 

The point I am trying to make is DS is a great game, but there is currently no reason to own the solo version aside from shipwrecked because DST has all the same things as DS reign of giants, plus more. It gives the impression that people should only buy DST because they would same more money overall compared to buying DS and DS reign of giants, in addition to DST receiving free updates with new content every so often. 

I love DST and am more than grateful that it exists at all, but not everyone can play DST with friends. For example, I have friends who own the game, but they never want to play it. Therefore, I am left with the option to play it by myself which defeats the purpose of DST entirely. Thus, there is barely any difference between DS and DST for people like me because they are unable to play with their friends (unless they want to play with complete strangers).

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope you will take it into consideration.

11 minutes ago, ZombieMaiden said:

I would like to start by saying I absolutely love Dont Starve and Dont Starve Together, and I immensely appreciate all of the hard work that has gone into both. That said, there are a few things I would love to see put in DS that are only in DST.

-The new DST bosses. The new bosses (i.e. bee queen) is extremely cool and would be a great addition to the solo version that would give experienced players incentive to continue playing the game as it provides more challenges. 

-The new DST mobs. Similar to the bosses, the new mobs would make a great addition to DS that would provide new challenges to experienced players. For example, the shadow pieces could be put in DS as a new set piece that randomly spawns when the world generates, similar to the clockwork set pieces. 

-Maxwell. I just recently unlocked Maxwell in DS and was so excited to play him. However, I was sorely disappointed by the shadow creatures because they barely offer much assistance with mining or wood chopping (i.e. 1 chop for every 5 chops you make). The pigs in DS are more useful for this purpose and you can have more of them compared to Maxwell's minions. In DST, you are able to choose the type of shadow minion you want to summon, and thus you could summon a minion for the specific purpose of chopping wood or mining. It would be nice to have the choice in DS. Additionally, in DS the minions cost 55 sanity regardless of your purpose for them, but in DST the sanity cost varies. Perhaps a trade off for improving the usefulness of the minions, the sanity regen for Maxwell could be reduced slightly (i.e. from 20 to 10). By doing so would still provide some challenge for managing sanity, but would remain easier compared to other characters. At the current moment, I do not use Maxwell's minions AT ALL.

-Craftables. Some of the craftables in DST would be really useful for DS, such as the moon dial or the electric dart. The mushroom planter would also be really useful as well. 

The point I am trying to make is DS is a great game, but there is currently no reason to own the solo version aside from shipwrecked because DST has all the same things as DS reign of giants, plus more. It gives the impression that people should only buy DST because they would same more money overall compared to buying DS and DS reign of giants, in addition to DST receiving free updates with new content every so often. 

I love DST and am more than grateful that it exists at all, but not everyone can play DST with friends. For example, I have friends who own the game, but they never want to play it. Therefore, I am left with the option to play it by myself which defeats the purpose of DST entirely. Thus, there is barely any difference between DS and DST for people like me because they are unable to play with their friends (unless they want to play with complete strangers).

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope you will take it into consideration.

Curiously, why is this posted in the DST suggestions, rather than the DS ones?  This isn't a suggestion for DST.

Archived