Shipwrecked mod for DST?

that's why i love mods on all game ,without mods the game would have been dead for a long time :D

(of course Klei still make great new content and great works)

Krisor,Rezecib,Muche, and of course DarkXero and more

Edited by ToNiO55

Quick Update:

Today (Sunday, Dec-04-2016) , I was able to get several water biomes and prefabs ported over to DST.

358718D71C7697F67DDD2AACB807DB53D38DDC55

Some people have asked what is the percentage of the progress for the mod and honestly, I don't have a real gauge on it. If I had to give a percentage I would give somewhere around 5-10% complete, with a target of an alpha 'preview' at 20%.

I do not have a definite date of the preview, but I will keep everyone posted here on the forums with updates as we move closer to something tangible.

honestly @Kzisor,

take your time,especially if you want to make a mod that works well, I'm sure it's going takes a lot of time

already if you manage to generate a SW map on DST,

it's already huge for me and i'm sure for the community also

thanks you a lot again :) 

Edited by ToNiO55

34 minutes ago, ToNiO55 said:

honestly @Kzisor,

take your time,especially if you want to make a mod that works well, I'm sure it's going takes a lot of time

already if you manage to generate a SW map on DST,

it's already huge for me and i'm sure for the community also

thanks you a lot again :) 

Thank you for the support. I plan to take my time to release the full mod to the public, however, I want to have Alpha/Beta testing during development to get more feedback from people and to make sure everything is working and not lagging on other people's PC's.

4 minutes ago, Kzisor said:

Thank you for the support. I plan to take my time to release the full mod to the public, however, I want to have Alpha/Beta testing during development to get more feedback from people and to make sure everything is working and not lagging on other people's PC's.

that's awesome idea and thank you very much

@rezecib you see it's look like possible about SW on DST! :p

Edited by ToNiO55

I wanted to give a mid-week update.

This week as I was porting over a large number of prefabs, I found myself constantly rewriting the same code over and over. This is extremely inefficient, so I decided to create a framework for developing prefabs.

I have most of the framework completed for creating the prefabs and adding the components very quickly for non-equipable items and non-structures. This means I will be able to port the remaining prefabs over lightning fast. I will also release the framework with the alpha test and the content portion of the mod will require it. Anyone will be able to use this framework to quickly make prefabs once it is released, it will be a separate mod.

9 minutes ago, Kzisor said:

I wanted to give a mid-week update.

This week as I was porting over a large number of prefabs, I found myself constantly rewriting the same code over and over. This is extremely inefficient, so I decided to create a framework for developing prefabs.

I have most of the framework completed for creating the prefabs and adding the components very quickly for non-equipable items and non-structures. This means I will be able to port the remaining prefabs over lightning fast. I will also release the framework with the alpha test and the content portion of the mod will require it. Anyone will be able to use this framework to quickly make prefabs once it is released, it will be a separate mod.

I'm probably the only person who loves SW in DS. I'm so excited to see it on DST!

46 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

I dislike most SW in DST mods because they seek to port SW with all of its flaws too/not realize them. This? This I like. Can't wait to see more.

One of these days, I wanna read a ten page essay about what you think is wrong with SW. Because I don't see it, and I'd love to know where to look.

Update:

So this week I've been able to completely port 6 additional prefabs, a single raft (partial) and get water set pieces able to be added to the game. Currently the raft is not operational, however, I have ported 65% of it into Don't Starve Together. I imagine it will be completely ported this week and I will continue to work on more water prefabs and adding proper API for the water set pieces which other modders will be able to use.

I still need to make water not walkable and make a number of tweaks.

If you have any questions please post them.

PS:

In the coming weeks you will be getting a lot of information about the alpha testing that will take place, so stay tuned!

Update:

Okay so here is the update for this weekend ladies and gentlemen.

This weekend we added a new team member to the project. We're happy to have an anonymous animator on board helping with animations. Due to the issues with the current version of the auto-compiler, I was forced to rewrite the auto-compiler in order to make custom animations work correctly. Three grueling days of debugging and rewriting the auto-compiler to make it work the way it's suppose to, we are off the the races to get the animations ported over and working correctly. We're recreating the animations in order to ensure that the skins work properly, this is very vital part of the mod as we want the best user experience and compatibility with the game as possible.

What are we working on this coming week?

Boats. We'll be working on the code and the animations simultaneously which will allow us to complete the work a littler faster than I could alone. Please bare in mind that there are a bunch of animations so this will take some time to complete. We will work as fast as we are capable while still getting the boats implemented in the correct manner.

If you have any questions pertaining to the mod please ask them. Please remember to stay on topic with your questions.

5 hours ago, Cookiemies said:

Its kinda early to ask it now but why not. :D

Are you going to add any SW Mobs/Monsters/Bosses to he mod??

General non-boss creature are being n ported as we port the associative biome.

As for bosses, those will be ported at a later date. Balancing and other concerns play an effect with them so they wont initially show up.