Shipwrecked mod for DST?

Look at the screenshot @Kzisor posted to his Steam account! :o

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=807757969

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:640&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C1024%3A640&background-color=black

More information on it:

3 minutes ago, Kzisor said:

Rough draft. Finally finished writing the world generation for islands today. Still working on distance between islands. However, islands are much larger in the DST port compared to in Shipwrecked. Once I get water biomes and set pieces spawning, you'll have plenty to explore.

A few notes, island world generation takes no longer than current generation, lag is almost non-existent with just  the tiles added. There still needs to be waves and water fx added, but ultimately its a slow process. I've got the ability to quickly port the other turf, but have not done so until I get water biomes and set pieces added. I have not started on the boats, nor have I thought about what happens when your at sea and leave.

Edited by Fidooop

@Chris1488, @Fidooop, rough draft. Finally finished writing the world generation for islands today. Still working on distance between islands. However, islands are much larger in the DST port compared to in Shipwrecked. Once I get water biomes and set pieces spawning, you'll have plenty to explore.

A few notes, island world generation takes no longer than current generation, lag is almost non-existent with just  the tiles added. There still needs to be waves and water fx added, but ultimately its a slow process. I've got the ability to quickly port the other turf, but have not done so until I get water biomes and set pieces added. I have not started on the boats, nor have I thought about what happens when your at sea and leave.

7 minutes ago, Kzisor said:

@Chris1488, @Fidooop, rough draft. Finally finished writing the world generation for islands today. Still working on distance between islands. However, islands are much larger in the DST port compared to in Shipwrecked. Once I get water biomes and set pieces spawning, you'll have plenty to explore.

Caves WILL be compatible, right?

21 minutes ago, mathem99 said:

Caves WILL be compatible, right?

Caves are still compatible and will allow you to travel under the ocean to various islands. Wormholes will also exist and bermuda triangles will exist.

I have not thought about the Volcano area yet.

Additional Notes:

Setting sail or boarding an island will require you to be on beach or boardwalk (new tile) only turf. This means certain islands may only be accessible via caves or wormholes until you can create a landing tile.

Edited by Kzisor
Updated with new information.

1 hour ago, Kzisor said:

I have not thought about the Volcano area yet.

I think it'd be easier on everyone's comps and more available to everyone if you stuck the volcano into the caves and made it unnaccessible except by entrance via volcano! Thing is that the earth quakes and volcano eruptions would have to be made compatible some how... O_o

6 hours ago, Kzisor said:

Great work! :)

Will you release a script for island generation, so everyone can implement islands into their mod? (e.g connected with wormholes, like in DS adventure)

And if you are looking for some ideas how to implement other shipwrecked stuff, you should take a look at the "multi worlds" mod I think:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=726432903

7 hours ago, Serpens said:

Great work! :)

Will you release a script for island generation, so everyone can implement islands into their mod? (e.g connected with wormholes, like in DS adventure)

And if you are looking for some ideas how to implement other shipwrecked stuff, you should take a look at the "multi worlds" mod I think:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=726432903

My goal with designing the script was never meant to be API based, it's sole development was for a single mod. I'm not willing to support it in API form. I'll have API to allow water biomes and set pieces to be added to the mod I create, but will not be releasing the world generation script as an API.

As far as porting Shipwrecked content over, that will take time as I won't be using other mod ports to do it. Everything will be ported over by myself so I can ensure everything works correctly on both client and server.

When I get finished with the boats and beach biome, i'll make an official topic with the name of the mod and will officially announce details about Alpha testing.

10 minutes ago, Kzisor said:

As far as porting Shipwrecked content over, that will take time as I won't be using other mod ports to do it. Everything will be ported over by myself so I can ensure everything works correctly on both client and server.

When I get finished with the boats and beach biome, i'll make an official topic with the name of the mod and will officially announce details about Alpha testing.

I think @Joachim may want to keep an eye on this too since Multi-Worlds DST includes some SW content like bamboo and palms. He'll probably want to make sure the two mods can be compatible with each other (so no duplicate prefabs, for one).

22 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

I think @Joachim may want to keep an eye on this too since Multi-Worlds DST includes some SW content like bamboo and palms. He'll probably want to make sure the two mods can be compatible with each other (so no duplicate prefabs, for one).

It will be interesting to see what the 'multilands' setting of that mod looks like in a game with islands.

On a side note, if any one wants to add me to steam send me a personal message on here first, please do not send me random invites.

24 minutes ago, Kzisor said:

It will be interesting to see what the 'multilands' setting of that mod looks like in a game with islands.

On a side note, if any one wants to add me to steam send me a personal message on here first, please do not send me random invites.

Nobody likes invitations without some mention. As @Serpens said, that's MW. I only write the strings and brainstorm, Joachim codes, Snook creates sprites, but I'd like seeing the biomes on separate chunks of land rather than like the multiland preset offers. If you want some more detail and lots of possibly useless gushing over your project, 'tis I.

4 hours ago, Kzisor said:

@Chris1488, are these islands still too close for comfort?

F5EB76FB3993F08E795CCAD44AFC6F3C17B5BC2B

Crivens, looking better and better. May I have some questions please? Would it be out of question to create two worldgen presets (one for islands like these here and one for the original, "flooded" area)? How do we move through the water? If it's possible to enter even the shallow ones, do we cool down and hunger (typical effects of splashing about), and eventually start "drowning"?

Edited by Arlesienne
Questions, questions, more, more questions!

I know nothing about modding, so all I can say to this is:  GO FOR IT!  I'm totally rooting for you guys.  :)  Many hate the idea of Shipwrecked content in DST; I am not one of them.  (I mean, lookit my avatar--which I drew myself, specifically to have my own individual picture and not a standard in-game sprite.)  I've liked the idea of "Don't Sink Together" for quite a while, now. 

And yes, you can sometimes find Shipwrecked plants in "regular" Don't Starveland if you've got a RoG world that's Shipwrecked-compatible.  Ever hear about the time I was playing Adventure Mode and not only found SNOW on PALM TREES, but a whole wildbore village, on the mainland? Well you have now.  : P

Anyway.  Go for it guys.  When this is all fixed up nice I will definitely be getting it.  :D

...Notorious

2 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

Crivens, looking better and better. May I have some questions please? Would it be out of question to create two worldgen presets (one for islands like these here and one for the original, "flooded" area)? How do we move through the water? If it's possible to enter even the shallow ones, do we cool down and hunger (typical effects of splashing about), and eventually start "drowning"?

You'll only be able to sail in the ocean. I was originally going to allow water surrounded by land walkable kinda like ponds, but have since decided against it due to easing the summer season.

So for now, you'll only be able to sail in the water.

57 minutes ago, Serpens said:

The best would be a mod setting for this ;)
You could design several presets wich are then choosable, or if possible you make it like the actual worldsettings to generate a "customized" random map.

If I were to create mod settings there would only be 2 layout setting available. The original layout posted and the layout I previously posted. However, at the moment my focus isn't on configuration; that is something that is far from my mind.

Update:

I have work all this week so I've only been working  on the mod in my spare time. Tonight I'll begin work on adding water biomes, starting with the Coral Reef. Once I get the water biomes finished I'll do more modifications to world generation to ensure it doesn't get broke in the process.

2 minutes ago, Kzisor said:

If I were to create mod settings there would only be 2 layout setting available. The original layout posted and the layout I previously posted. However, at the moment my focus isn't on configuration; that is something that is far from my mind.

But it could be important to keep that in mind. Cause in the end you could end up with a mod that would need complete revision to allow adding new layouts/modsettings.
So some kind of customization and/or randomness should be included. If not via settings, then via additional mods or simular :)

2 minutes ago, Serpens said:

But it could be important to keep that in mind. Cause in the end you could end up with a mod that would need complete revision to allow adding new layouts/modsettings.
So some kind of customization and/or randomness should be included. If not via settings, then via additional mods or simular :)

It's not important to worry about configurations when I haven't even started adding biomes and set pieces. If you notice in the screenshots there are only islands for the current biomes.