What old video game to you play from time to time

Donke60

Just like the title says what video game to you play thats really old but every now and again you clear off the disk to play one good game bonus points if it is a not a well know title

For me it's stronghold Crusader for windows this 2001 game even with outdated graphics I loved it was well balenced for the most part maybe a few cheese tatics you could do but other then that pretty good this game made me stay with rts castle mangment games and the first game to teach me if you be nice to people they will die for you better also screw fire.

TES 3 Morrowind: One of the oldest games I remember playing (when I was like what 8 or so). To this day a very enjoyable experience for me cause I like getting lost and discover stuff due to that.

Battle Realms: A unique RTS games that's rather underrated. Fun and simple mechanics and very cool factions.

Starcraft: A classic. If you ever played any RTS game you've heard of Starcraft or even played it. Not much more to say.

C&C Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge: Can anyone guess my fav genre yet? Another classic and whacky yet still kinda serious. Also flying saucers.

And 2 more "recent" (<10 years) ones for good measures.

Warhammer 40K Dawn of War: More specificly Soulstorm with the Ultimate Apocalypse mod.

Supreme Commander: Last RTS I swear ^^'. Still a very good game even today. Sad that the sequel was so lackluster in comparison.

And with that I stop cause otherwise I prolly find 10 more games pffff.

1 hour ago, Donke60 said:

I have marrowind the only thing that annoys me in that game is the walk/run speed i mostly just play it for the designs and spells of enemies I can walk a mile but its going to take two hours

*picks Orc as race, gety Boots of Blinding Speed, due to orcs natural resist to negative magic you're not fully blind*

Profit. But yeeh I know it those first 30-45 minutes till I got those boots is a pain due to how sluggish you move ha ha.

Around 60% of the games I play are various shades of old. 37% are mildly aged (two to six years), and new games are like 3%, most of them Vita releases. 
Yes, I'm one of those crazies who gets offended when the spoilers for 10-20 old games are tossed around freely under the excuse "they are old, no one cares, those who wanted to play these relics of the past have done so already".

I actually booted up Pokemon Gold this week

Usually it's pokemans that are old in general or just games that are old to me (e.g., Transformice, Dragoncave, LBP2, Neopets.... a few of them are not that old honestly but I was 11-13 playing them, and some you might not even consider actual games lol)

Every once in a while I'll muster up the effort to find all the disks and stuff for Diablo 2 and play that for a while.  It was the first real game I played on the PC, and also the first "violent" game I played (I was 6 or 7 when I started).  Even nowadays it's still a really solid game, despite its age.

4 hours ago, Adura said:

Where the hell'd my post go? How about... The Apprentice on CD-i?

Geeze that one I don't even know of and I studied the history of video games props to you man a niche within a niche

11 hours ago, Chris1488 said:

Ah, here we are! An old classic. Probably one of the best racing games to date. It's definitely stood the test of time,

Ah I had the demo disc of that I played that so much I miss demo discs but I can see why they don't make them anymore I still want them.

Earthbound has to be the game I always keep coming back to, even though it's only every two years that I actually get around to replaying it. Between those times, I like to boot up one of two saves I have on my computer, one of which I keep permanently on Moonside (my favourite segment of the game) and the other is post endgame, for that ever lingering feel of accomplishment. Aside from that, there's Portal 2, which despite having five years under its belt somehow always feels like it was released the year before, and the Zork series, because I love text-based adventure.

1 hour ago, Donke60 said:

haha nice try but I played it the ps3 release the ink system was weird the only thing I didn't like where the character models for the townspeople

What was the "haha" for? It was originally a PS2 game and it was later ported on the Wii and the PS3. This video was just a quick search I found on YouTube for the HD Edition on the PS3.

It was released on the PS2 on April 20, 2006.

28 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

you said it was obscure title the "haha" was just there as it wasn't obscure enough for me it was actually pretty popular in my family

While that is nice, sales charts show that it only sold around 110,000 copies in North America alone when it originally sold on the PS2. Most games nowadays are expected to break sales into the millions in various regions to be even considered a success.

Well, my favourite and most played game of all time is slowly nearing its tenth anniversary... Oh good ol' TF2, you're going through a rough spot right now with Valve treating you like the red-headed stepchild, but dammit, I still love ya.

Other than that, I replay the Prince of Persia - Sands of Time series at least once a year; I would also totally replay the original Prince of Persia games if I could convince them to run on this modern PC, but alas. Also recently went through the first three Monkey Island games again (Number 4 also being impossible to get working on a 64 bit system, woe is me). 

I also had a dabble with the oldschool DOOM games after being enthralled by the new one, and went through Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy IX on both PC and PSVita. So as it turns out, I'm much more of a hipster than I realized....

cue identity crisis

Archived