Then it started to rain...

For me and my wife this was hardly the first game we played.  Most of the time we simply get bored of the current world or want to try new things and on this occasion it was no different.  We picked Webber as our go to boy since neither of us had played with him for particularly long and he offered an interesting and sometimes challenging experience.  Inundated in silk, meat and  squeedlyspooches  our thoughts had turned from the basics of survival to transforming our simple little chess biome camp into a grand altar to the spider goddess.  The moosegoose was little more than a minor nuisance like a loud and stompy gobbler and its pack of hungry ugly children.

On day 42 it began to rain.

Again it was not our first spring though my wife never experienced frog rain, I had experienced before in solo but it never lasted very long and was little more than a nuisance that encouraged exploration and spelunking.  I nested myself among the rocky spider biome that was our neighbor after I witnessed the frogs begin attacking the moosegoose figuring in the safety of swarms.

It rained frogs for two days straight non-stop.

Mentally exhausted but otherwise unharmed me and my wife took our grand bounty of silk, frog legs, turkey legs, and a number of other things that can only be described as "stuff" and returned to base preserving, and cooking turkey dinners and bacon and eggs eager to get back to the work of getting flingomatics up to protect our fenced off koalafents and grass and particularly our drying racks which could provide a year long bounty of protein if managed properly.

On the night of day 47 barely moments in real time after a big and terrifying frog rain it began to rain once more.

We could not be prepared.  The spiders were simply overrrun, the moosgoose had long since been buried under a tidal wave of grunts, hops, and cold milky eyes.

My wife went to the restroom when they took her.  By the time I reached her twenty frogs had had their way with her.

I met my fate in the chaos that followed for as I sought sanctuary in the rapidly depleting spider hordes the hounds came.  Though in the end they did little more than provide an interesting addition of barks and yelps among the hissing and grunting as the frogs descended from the heavans and consumed us all.

There is nothing left now but frog.

20161117231826_1.jpg

Me and my wife scrambling to collect what we could before the second, more dense rain murdered us.

20161117230736_1.jpg

20161117231651_1.jpg

"There is now nothing but frog."

Truly, a chillingly portentous sentence to end a story on.

(Also "about twenty frogs had their way with her" sounds SERIOUSLY messed up.  Even _in_ context!)

I've never had two frog rains that close together and I hope to hell I never do. The time I was dodging ONE frog rain in the dark while freezing to death, being hit by lightning, and dodging both hounds and spiders was bad enough!

...Notorious

I swear frog rain only exists to annoy the heck out of people. We all already hate frogs. And what's worse than a frog? 2 BAJILLION FROGS FALLING OUT OF THE SKY, THAT'S WHAT.

Like seriously, You can easily use these frogs to hunt down GMoose and her mosslings, repeatedly.

On 29/11/2016 at 4:50 PM, Electroely said:

I swear frog rain only exists to annoy the heck out of people. We all already hate frogs. And what's worse than a frog? 2 BAJILLION FROGS FALLING OUT OF THE SKY, THAT'S WHAT.

Like seriously, You can easily use these frogs to hunt down GMoose and her mosslings, repeatedly.

Yep, Rains, Sanity blowing events, now with Added Frogs (No Escape Included)

One thing I do when frog rain starts is either go to my tooth traps, if I have some by then, or frantically start throwing down normal bunny-style traps.  I carry grass and twigs on me at all times if possible (you should too) and while it doesn't always work...well, the first time this happened to me was in Adventure Mode, I was NOT ready for it at all, and all I could do was frantically throw down traps around my campfire in the hopes I would last the night.  It caught the ones that came at me from the correct angles, and I still had to run away from a few others.

(I lived through that, but I suck at Adventure Mode so I died a little bit later anyway.  : P)

...Notorious

One time the host once made rain and frog rain to more.

When spring came, it..

it frog rained for a long time, non stop.

about 2 days in, we gave up and moved to caves. Towards the end of the season, we came back up, and it was still frog raining, or at least it started just before we went up. went STRAIGHT BACK DOWN. hah.. turned out to be more fun in the caves on that server.

I didn't know what the frog rain icon in world customazation did, I had never experienced it. I turned it to more. Then on day 23 it started, and rained. I was playing wigfred and only had meat for food. I then starved from not being able to hold onto meat. Morale of the story, always set frog rain to none

Archived