Looking for players to rent a server with

I would like to find a few people who would be willing to contribute around $3-5 a month to rent a DST server. I have written an agreement but all of the terms are open for discussion until the server has been purchased. So this is basically a draft.

The total cost of the server rental will be around $25-50 a month.

I propose we pay for 2 or 3 months at a time so we can have adequate time to make changes according to how many people decide to not continue contributing the next rental term.

The server will use a whitelist to allow only the members and their guests to join the server.

Changes to any of the details of this agreement, player bans, server mods, or settings will be able to be made with a majority vote of 2 to 1.

We will have a basic forum where we will hold all of our voting and our primary voice chat will be on discord. (unless everyone would prefer to pay for a voice server) The server rental will include an additional server for the caves (if required by the provider)

Minimum age limit: 20

Minimum experience: None

Schedule requirements: none

General Rules

The server will be maintained by the admin, Cerebralcow.

There will be at least two members appointed as admin at all times.

Each member will be allowed one guest to access the server at a time. This guest will be a specific person who will be added to the whitelist. (as opposed to a guest pass type of situation) The guests can be changed at any time and as often as the member wants.

If a member is found to be younger than 20 years old, through a related online profile (ie facebook, reddit post, etc.) the member will be banned with no reimbursement.

Money

Each member will pay an equal amount (share) of the server rental fee to a paypal controlled by the treasurer, Cerebralcow.

Payment will be made in the amount of two month's share.

A share is equal to the total monthly cost of the server minus any extra money from the previous agreement term (2 months) divided by the total number of members in the agreement.

The share amount will only be adjusted at the beginning of each agreement term.

Payment will be due 1 month before the start of a new agreement term.

If a member does not pay before the due date recruitment for another member will begin and the member in question will be replaced by the next applicant at the start of the next agreement term.

If a new member joins in the middle of an agreement term he or she will pay the same amount that was paid by each member at the start of the current term. If there is one month or less remaining in the agreement term the new member will only pay one month's share.

A new member can join at any time as long as the maximum number of members is not yet met.

The money received from new members joining during a term will be saved for the next term’s rent.

Refunds will be added to the next term’s rent as a deficit. (Whether to give refunds at all will be voted on at the start of the first term)

If a member voluntarily chooses to leave the agreement early he or she will be reimbursed 1.5% of a share for each day remaining in the last agreement he or she paid into.

Voting and Kicking Players

Issues that can be voted on: Any part of this agreement, the ban of any member or guest, the addition or removal of any mod, world reset, server settings, and world creation settings. Basically everything.

Polls will only be held on the group forums in the polls section.

Any member can start a poll.

Each poll (except world reset polls) will be open for voting for 7 days. To give every member adequate time to weigh in.

A poll will be considered successful if at least 1/4 of the total members vote YES and the total number of YES votes are at least 2 times the number of NO votes once the poll has ended.

To explain this in another way a majority vote of 2 to 1 is required for a successful poll and the number of yes votes must be more than 1/4 the number of total members.

Only the votes that are cast will be counted. ie. A member's vote will not be assumed YES or NO unless he or she votes.

A member or guest can only be banned from the server after 3 charges of unsportsmanlike conduct or violation of a rule. (2 charges for guests)

To keep it simple unsportsmanlike conduct is any action that offends or upsets 3 or more of the other members of the agreement.

Charges of unsportsmanlike conduct can be disputed within 7 days of the charge. Ie. Most charges of theft may not be taken seriously.

One poll to ban a member or guest can be started any time after the 3rd charge of unsportsmanlike conduct (2nd for guests) and each charge thereafter.

If a member is banned from the server he or she will be reimbursed 1.5% of a share for each day remaining in the last agreement he or she paid into.

No issue or ban may be voted on a second time within 15 days if the first vote failed. Otherwise polls can be held as often as the members see fit.

World Reset

No member will allow the world reset timer to run out unless a successful world reset vote is passed.

A World reset poll can be started as often as the members desire.

Unlike all other polls a world reset poll will be successful immediately if the number of yes votes is at least one third the number of total members in the agreement.

If the last successful world reset poll was less than 7 days ago, world reset votes only need to be made by those members who have played at least 3 hours in the current world. “NO” votes by members who haven't played the current world for at least 3 hours will not be counted for game reset vote polls. (as long as this information is available in the server back end)

Admin Responsibilities

Making changes to the server settings, whitelist, and ban list

The admin will have no authority over the other members.

The admin’s main role will be access to the back end of the server.

The purpose of having limited admin is to minimize risk of griefing from the back end of the server.

Terms to be set upon starting the agreement:

The maximum number of members in the agreement. 10-15?

Any paid features on the server rental. ie number of slots, ram,

Other possible terms

Reasons to pay a larger share amount than the other members?

We have a server and a name now! We are The Famished Wanderers Convention and we have a server that is currently running the Beta. I'm going to post a new thread about it later. No need to pay to join any more!

Hey Arlesienne, sorry I never replied. I didn't have email notifications setup before and I assumed that, like my reddit post, no one was replying to this thread. I haven't really had many people join the discord server yet. 

I have a few different roles - members, guests, admin, and mods. Members are players who pay, guests are guests just like the agreement above states. I don't have any mods I just setup an in-between role and right now the only admin are me, a bot I invited for a few features (Botwinder), and the guy who is hosting the current server. I had a guy contact me to offer to let us use the server he was already hosting on a server he has up. So I'm going to be reworking how I recruit people since I don't need people to be willing to pay any more. 

I have a few chat channels - general, in-game members, voting, voting discussion, rules discussion, and announcements. some of the channels non members can't see and the voting channel is setup so only admin can post in and members can add reactions to vote. only admin can post in announcements so we can put news in an easy to find place.

and I have a few voice chat channels - general, server chat, and members chat.

The only thing the bot does that I setup is kicks spammers, deletes spam messages, and logs when people join and leave.

Anything else you're interested in? This is the only discord server I've ever run in any capacity. It didn't take a whole lot of time to setup after doing some research.

Archived