Swap Challenge [DS & AMR Crossover]

Well, hello!

Welcome to this mad little Wonderland. A while ago I started to make this crossover comic between Don't Starve and Alice: Madness Returns I like to call "Swap Challenge" and posted it on my DeviantART account. Why? Well, let's just say that I am a person who happens to like both these fandoms as well as crossovers 8T There's... really no other reason ^^; Except maybe that I want to practice a bit on making comics. And since you cannot find a lot of a certain crossover you like, you will have to make them yourself.

I started posting regular Don't Starve fan art on my main art thread not too long ago, and some of the people following me there encouraged me to also put Swap Challenge up on the forums. So I'm starting a new thread :3 I admit; it's a pretty weird crossover. It's not exactly the first one that falls in to people's mind, and I don't think it's everyone's cup of tea either. I also have a feeling I might regret making this one day, like my future self is one day gonna pop out from my fridge or something and slap me across my face... But I will try to pull as many parallels as I can to show that it's not too far off. And I mean as many as I can.

Spoiler

A Doctor.jpg

Anyway, so basically this crossover comic is a comedy/parody thing; it's made for the laughs :) The story takes place in a universe where fictional characters can interact with the real world, and they more or less know that they come from a movie, game, comic, book etc. The characters I'm using the most will be Alice and Wilson. I can safely announce that I do not ship them, and do not intend to ship them in this story. I can't really see anything romantic between them :B
It's not really a comic in a form of a graphic novel; there will also be sketch dumps, art pieces, comic strips etc. So you could maybe call it an amalgam? O_o I dunno. And I'm going to be honest with you: I have no clue how long this story is going to be; it's very flexible. The introduction is done, and I have the end thought out, and I figured out that what happens in between will not have any effect on the ending. I might not even post the in-betweens in a chronological order... But I will try my best to make things tidy ;) All this will make sense eventually!

What else? I will probably also post stuff that is not related to the story, but is still this crossover. I highly doubt this will happen, but if anyone wants to do fan art of the series, feel free to share it here ^^

Sorry for ranting ^^; I just wanted to make things clear. Hope you enjoy and safe journey to everyone who decides to descend in to this madness : )

Alice and Wilson.jpg

Edited by NightWonder7
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, NightWonder7 said:

I can safely announce that I do not ship them, and do not intend to ship them in this story. 

I think even in this universe, Wilson prefers Willow ;)

5 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

Why do I feel like Willow and Alice would get along splendidly? :D

Omg, yes!

5 hours ago, NightWonder7 said:

Both of them has a stuffed animal. Maybe they can have a tea party together with them? ',: )

You have to draw this now at some point XD

• Like 4

Hoo boy, here it is! My anti-Rutledge-plot-bunny medicine!
*struggles to banish the images from the mind*
They don't allow stuffed animals anymore, you know... and a blanket makes for a poor teddy replacement.
*fails*
The rain is especially vicious today. But roaring thunder and cracking lightning are more than welcome here. They chase the sleep away.
*gives up*
Sleep brings nightmares.
*enters hysteria*

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Net Spectre said:

Hoo boy, here it is! My anti-Rutledge-plot-bunny medicine!
*struggles to banish the images from the mind*
They don't allow stuffed animals anymore, you know... and a blanket makes for a poor teddy replacement.
*fails*
The rain is especially vicious today. But roaring thunder and cracking lightning are more than welcome here. They chase the sleep away.
*gives up*
Sleep brings nightmares.
*enters hysteria*

Are you alright, hun? O.O

• Like 2

Just now, NightWonder7 said:

Dunno if I can call them my creations. I mean I drew them here, yes, but their real creators are somewhere else :3

You put a lot of yourself into them. You imbue them with a lot of new stuff. If the original author is the parent, you're an honorary aunt to me :p.

• Like 3

Just now, NightWonder7 said:

I see. Uhm, you've got something in your left eye... and your right.

Really? Oh, that's quite strange.
Everything does look a bit ashen, I must admit...

Just now, Arlesienne said:

Oh dear, do you want to talk about it?

Thank you for the offer, dear, but you know the nature of these beasts... nothing can quell their wrath...

Edited by Net Spectre
  • Like 3