Still better than...uh...the President?

Battal

6 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Right now I'm at edge with the UN and their trade deal with the W.H.O. in India. They've been pushing reporters out of the meeting and attacking tabacco farmers, driving them 40kl from their homes by force and making them walk back on foot. The election has made people distracted.

They trying to force Indians to poo in the loo for trade concessions? That's BS.

Just now, Adura said:

They trying to force Indians to poo in the loo for trade concessions? That's BS.

Not that, they're trying to get rid of Vaping, make cigarette taxes higher and other things that they won't discuss to reporters. If reporters try to get too close, they brutalize the person, shoving him out of the building.

On 11/9/2016 at 10:36 AM, Pelliway said:

This is not just terrible for women. It's not just terrible for people of Muslim faith. It's not just terrible for minorities. It's not just terrible for conservation, or education, or healthcare. 

It's going to affect the rest of the world when Trump starts bringing his vulgarity to office. Saying "I'm from Europe, it's not my problem"  is foolish; countries do not operate in a void. Plus, aside from Putin, Xi Jinping and a few others, there isn't a lot of worldwide support for Trump. It's not a good thing when most of the world is disgusted by a single country; it leads to instability.

YES.

A THOUSAND TIMES (CENSORED)ING YES!!!  I can't agree with you any harder without swearing the house down.

But let's just say...I cried my EYES out the entire last half of election night, a good chunk of the morning, and railed at the heavens that somehow, this had actually, for realsies...HAPPENED?!  I thought it was OKAY to know every terrible thing he said and make angry jokes about how awful they were (he was _everybody's_ joke!) because of course _he wouldn't actually WIN_...I am _so scared_ of how far BACKWARDS Trump might take us.  I mean, the arsehole could repeal gay marriage, among other things--and that was such a big, hard-fought win!  I kept going on crying jags that I just couldn't stop.  My eyes got red, my face got gunky, and _I couldn't frakking stop_.

:(:(:(:(

Yes, Hilary isn't perfect.  But she isn't a racist, sexist, homophobe, xenophobic, body-shaming, worker-gypping egomaniac!

But, the next morning, when I heard about all the protests and stuff and stories of other people crying and being unable to believe this actually happened, I felt a little better, because I knew I wasn't alone.  This is still gonna be four absolutely HORRIBLE years (our _best_-case-scenario would be if Trump just wanted to get the title for his ego and then flaked off with blackjack and hookers the whole time) but at least lots of other people are just as angry and freaked as me.  So...I got fiery and PROTESTY! rather than despairing, which was a major improvement, and did a protest fanart (not of Don't Starve characters).  It may not be terribly mature, but it was THERAPY, goddamnit.  And I'm not taking it down.

...is it too late to reload our pre-election saves?

(Hey, this is primarily a gaming forum, after all.  How else am I gonna put it?  : P)

...Notorious

DISCLAIMER: READ BEFOREHAND IN ORDER TO NOT GET SOME INTERNALIZED OPPRESSION.

Spoiler

I AM IN NO WAY A TRUMP SUPPORTER, I hated both main parties (Republican and Democrat) in the 2016 elections, both did some scummy s#&t this election and so did the candidates (one getting shock value for what he says, the other wanting wars to set up no-fly zones and using private server to send emails, you know, normal political bs). If it were up to me, I'd have preferred one of the 3rd parties to win but us Americans apparently think "It's a waste to vote 3rd party", which isn't true. If you are offended by anything I say, 1) It may be rude but deal with it and 2) I also don't really mean to offend anyone,

I have opinions, you do too, if I respect your views, I'm hoping you respect mine.

I know this seems dumb since I've gone to-terms with this election's results, but I hate the public outcry, whether it's from peaceful protests, riots, or the police response, mainly the latter and/or former.

On 11/9/2016 at 0:36 PM, Pelliway said:

This is not just terrible for women. It's not just terrible for people of Muslim faith. It's not just terrible for minorities. It's not just terrible for conservation, or education, or healthcare. 

Could be worse. Especially if it was the other way around and we had someone worse than Hilary (And I'm talking Feminists/SJW's such as Anita Sarkeesian or Jonathan McIntosh since they're pretty much the best examples that come to mind) and men were being treated the way Trump is "treating women" pretty much it'd be similar to a double standard.

As for Muslims, I know ISIS (maybe ISS since I hear ISIS may lose control in Mosul in Iraq) is a small portion of the Muslim community, and I'm sure there's many people in the Muslim community against ISIS, but the problem is, there are people who aren't part of ISIS but clash a lot with Western Society (U.S/European is what I mean but that could also be other areas, not sure though) and the Middle East has helped the world tremendously in Human History, but the religion of Islam isn't exactly a good one, neither is Christianity or many other religions, not just those two. Not to mention the sayings "A couple bad apples could ruin the whole bunch" and one I came up with myself and that goes "Something so small can be amplified in a society by outside sources", both meaning the same thing, which is groups similar to ISIS in a society can have a bad effect on said society. Other than that, I like to treat Muslims as I treat everyone else, like humans, because that's what they are, human.

On 11/9/2016 at 0:36 PM, Pelliway said:

It's going to affect the rest of the world when Trump starts bringing his vulgarity to office. Saying "I'm from Europe, it's not my problem"  is foolish; countries do not operate in a void. Plus, aside from Putin, Xi Jinping and a few others, there isn't a lot of worldwide support for Trump. It's not a good thing when most of the world is disgusted by a single country; it leads to instability.

There isn't worldwide support for Trump for various reasons, all of which have been amplified by the media and propaganda towards voting for Hilary Clinton. However, I feel that people talking day after day about Donald Trump in one way, or another is what caused most of the Uneducated people in the United States to vote for him, sure, he got support from conservatives, but sometimes, when people repeat a phrase in someone's mind such as "Do you homework" or "Finish your chores." it gets engraved into their minds so sometimes it can lead them doing what is said, but people hear "Trump this" and "Trump that" resulting in people who aren't as academically intellectual thinking that they should vote for Trump because he's talked about so much, negative or not, but also because we only said positive news on Clinton (minus emails and the no-fly zone in Syria) but that can be an issue since people are only getting one side and the media is telling you what you want to hear and not what you SHOULD hear (truths, lies, flip-flops, etc.).

Note: I only addressed this because the person below agreed with what Pelliway said and I was going to originally quote them.

1 hour ago, CaptainChaotica said:

But let's just say...I cried my EYES out the entire last half of election night, a good chunk of the morning, and railed at the heavens that somehow, this had actually, for realsies...HAPPENED?!  I thought it was OKAY to know every terrible thing he said and make angry jokes about how awful they were (he was _everybody's_ joke!) because of course _he wouldn't actually WIN_...I am _so scared_ of how far BACKWARDS Trump might take us.  I mean, the arsehole could repeal gay marriage, among other things--and that was such a big, hard-fought win!  I kept going on crying jags that I just couldn't stop.  My eyes got red, my face got gunky, and _I couldn't frakking stop_.

I remember going to sleep on Election Day and woke up and went "What?" but I didn't cry my eyes out the entire time. Rather the opposite, I watched people cry their eyes out and get cynical, especially since I go to a school with a huge amount of minorities (Blacks, Hispanics, Latinos, Muslims, Indians, Albinos, etc.) so they made jokes relating to the election's results because Trump won (and trust me, I personally hate the common population of my school because I'm not like them and most of the stuff in the school, especially school-stuff such as announcements, and other school-related media that I forget really make me lose my faith in humanity, js) so imagine for 7 hours just hearing people talk about "Most of the school will be deported" or "Hey, so and so, what do you think of the election?" or any other form of chatter that related to the terrible display that was the U.S 2016 Election. And he's the butt-end of a joke that is now U.S Politics, and also various forms of TV shows, Video Games, and Political Cartoons that showed "what would happen if Donald Trump actually won the election" back before the results earlier this week.

2 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Yes, Hilary isn't perfect.  But she isn't a racist, sexist, homophobe, xenophobic, body-shaming, worker-gypping egomaniac!

Both of them are Megalomaniacs, one of them, however, wanted to fight in a war just to set up a no-fly zone and make two different countries the U.S isn't on good-terms with. Not to mention that Hilary Clinton had so many flip-flops between Bill Clinton's Presidency and now that she qualifies to be a literal flip-flop more than an actual pair of flip-flops.

Still, candidates such as Bernie Sanders, Jill Stein, and Gary Johnson ranged from being better than Clinton and Trump to being the lesser of two evils.

But, the next morning, when I heard about all the protests and stuff and stories of other people crying and being unable to believe this actually happened, I felt a little better, because I knew I wasn't alone.  This is still gonna be four absolutely HORRIBLE years (our _best_-case-scenario would be if Trump just wanted to get the title for his ego and then flaked off with blackjack and hookers the whole time) but at least lots of other people are just as angry and freaked as me.  So...I got fiery and PROTESTY! rather than despairing, which was a major improvement, and did a protest fanart (not of Don't Starve characters).  It may not be terribly mature, but it was THERAPY, goddamnit.  And I'm not taking it down.

Here's my own analogy on Humans:

We are like sheep. We all act in a herd so if one of us hates some outcome, a common majority [if not all] most likely hates it, as well. Or if one person thinks one way, then others will think that way, or walk that way, or talk that way, act that way, you know stuff social creatures do. 

The next four years are also very uncertain, but we do know that Russo-American Relations will be worked on which is good since Russia has a equally as large, if not larger military.We also know that a potential/soon-to-be nuclear holocaust was adverted since Clinton didn't win. And as an example, I have a dad who didn't entirely accept the outcome of the election (sounds like something Trump was going to if he didn't win, js, the double standard is there, wide and open) and you got salty about it, I see that, and I don't really mind that you drew something, I find art can be a good coping mechanism if you're going through issues in life, but the way some people are taking the results is hypocritical. You see, as I said before in the parentheses, the double-standard that is visible to people such as myself is that people are having peaceful protests, riots or social media rants over the mere fact that the candidate they wanted to win didn't, despite popular vote and the opposite candidate won that the minority of American Votes wanted to win won because of the Electoral Vote, so let me explain with a lack of experience on the "Electoral Vote versus Popular vote" field as I can.

The Popular vote obviously represents the populous of citizens under a government (that gov't being one such as the United States' Government) so they may or may not have as much experience in fields such as law, or politics.

So this is where the Electoral Vote comes in. The Electoral Vote from what I can predict and gather is of individuals who have studied law, been in politics [meaning they have lots of experience], and aren't like the rest of the people who voted in the popular vote, meaning their votes can matter more, which I think is fine since they have the expertise in the field of topics such as politics and law.

And this Electoral Vote is also from the Electoral College, which I can presume [without research] is the same thing as the House of Representatives, both representing a part of the population in some manner.

...is it too late to reload our pre-election saves?

(Hey, this is primarily a gaming forum, after all.  How else am I gonna put it?  : P)

...Notorious

I give this joke an inside joke about red berries tasting the best/10

I also can relate this election to an experience in Fallout 4 I had, maybe even two.

The First one is in the base game, so expect HUGE spoilers if you haven't spoiled it for yourself or haven't completed the Main Quest of Fallout 4 yet:

Spoiler

So you know the 4 major factions in the game (The Institute, the Railroad, the Brotherhood of Steel and the Minutemen) right? I can make a comparison for what side you fight for being like choosing who you want to rule over the Commonwealth like one of the presidents.

I can't make a comparison for which side is like which political party, but you can make your own guesses accordingly.

This Next one relates to a mod for Fallout 4, "Tales of the Commonwealth" and also "Atomic Radio" by Kris Takahashi:

Spoiler

So this mod, amazing mod btw, I'll link the mod(s) at the end of this. 

In Atomic Radio, there is a few broadcasts relating to two potential candidates for President of the United States of America (or Pre-War America in the Fallout Universe), so one of the candidates, Samuel L. Washington wants to remove taxes and make America great (sound familiar?) and the other, Thomas Kennedy, wants to decrease or increase taxes (I forgot, but I think it's the former) and was born to a family who was in the ice cream business and talks a lot about Rocky Road ice cream.

And in Tales of the Commonwealth, as part of a DLC Commentary Patch and Update, both candidates mentioned before are seen at one of Samuel L. Washington's Hospitals on the southern part of the map (very close to University Point if you want an exact area) and you go there for a follower, Birdie, who needs help since he's not smart and isn't social either so he's sent there with you to go basically hug people, but he ends up becoming a 3rd party candidate and you become his vice-president, weird I know. You try to convince people to vote for one of the candidates or Birdie, and you have Birdie get interviewed by Piper (a character from the vanilla Fallout 4) about what he stands for (for example, living accommodations in the Commonwealth, Raiders, Synths, stuff like that, but you can also find dirt on both candidates where Washington is a murderer and Kennedy is dealing with issues with his wife. Did I forget to mention that both Samuel L. Washington and Thomas Kennedy are both Robobrains who survived for 210 years after the world became a wasteland? I probably should've. So I got people to vote for Birdie and I decided to make this hilarious joke about Birdie by calling him Birdie Sanders (because it sounds like Bernie Sanders) so I liked entertaining myself with that name.

Here's the link to both mods, by the way, the guy who made them is amazing and deserves more than what he is most likely given, again, if you play Fallout 4, especially modded, this is a mod that is enjoyable because there's a bunch of extra quests added by the modmaker and VA's that's still being updated: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8704/?

P.S: js means just saying, I just shortened it to make typing this faster since it's probably been 2 hours since I started typing this.

ah potitics ok well i'll throw my glove into the ring.

First when Obama got elected a lot of people got really hyped that things were going to change and life was going to get so much better for basiclly everyone. 8 years later and you can ague things have gotten better or worse but for the most part Obama presidency didn't effect most people in an sigifanct way.

I'm afraid most people have gotten swept up into thinking that the canidates were two walking caritcures with so two-dimensional personalities. you could see them and only them for a few moments and know everything about them when that isn't how humans work. Cliton during her run represented the same old way that we live our way now and many people didn't want that they wanted change. so the two parties advocating change were Bernie and Trump. Cliton does shady stuff Bernie is forced to drop out leaving Cliton and Trump.

This leaves the only canidate that people know is going to change something regardless is Trump. So everyone swallows their pride and votes Trump because they  don't want the same old thing happing now to continue which Cliton wanted in her campaign.

What is interesting here is that when the voting staticstics were gathered minority votes overall shot up 22% and that percent went all to Trump so yes minorities voted for Trump.

Another reason I think Trump won is because most people don't belive what they here from the media espically if someone is constantly bashed on it and most people don't belive what a canidate says on the campaign trail cause they will say anything. 

I talked to some Trump supporters and all the people I talked to were well-rounded adults and college students most of them didn't think Trump was going to do anything he said about building the wall and mass deportation because its really fool hardy but they couldn't trust hillary cliton and disagreed with her platform more.

Most world leaders don't know how to react to Trump because he is a wild card they don't know what he really want to do as president so they are waiting to see how he handles being president first its not because he is the most raciest and idiotic man in the world.

Regradless people I think should get over it he is are president now and we should all wish him luck in the white house because if he does well America does well and if he screws then Americal screws up. As of Trump becomes president I wish him luck and my support. Because honestly now the hard part is over and we just have to sit and watch and learn.

Archived