Christmas Mods?

VictiM

Hey!

Wondering if there are any working Christmas Mods, specifically looking for cosmetic ones. Christmas Trees, Christmas Lights, Santa, Reindeer, etc.

I've looked around a bit but can't quite find anything. If there are any developers active here maybe someone could create a simple one? I would be interested in helping / beta testing the mod but can't offer much insight into the coding as I don't know how to code at all. :/

Thanks! 

There's already a "festive" mod for DST.

35 minutes ago, PanAzej said:

you can actually trade gifts with each other

Actual gifts would be amazing! Cannot be opened by their maker, but the loot gets worse each time the same person gifts to the same other person, just to avoid "grinding" and promote sharing. Of course, this will reset at in-game christmas night :)

37 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

Actual gifts would be amazing! Cannot be opened by their maker, but the loot gets worse each time the same person gifts to the same other person, just to avoid "grinding" and promote sharing. Of course, this will reset at in-game christmas night :)

The mod could introduce a few different festive packing paper patterns. Players could use it to wrap their items in it.

And maybe a new prototyping machine that will let players build new festive decorations.

Any maybe a new boss battle, with a magician of sorts that would spawn ice boulders around and transform them into ice-y hounds/pigs/monkeys? Or better, Ice Lobsters :p

Their weakness would be fire (yay for Willow buff)

Players would have an option to quickly mine some of them to not be bombarded with too many enemies.

Or something.

There's already a "festive" mod for DST.

Haven't seen it.

9 minutes ago, PanAzej said:

Or something.

Let's not get too complicated. Gifts are definitely a cool idea, ideally made from stuff available during Winter too. Maybe there could be player-made ones, cheaply crafted and filled with an item of choice, and "karma" ones by Nicholas, obtained for being a good child and containing random nicknack?

8 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

Let's not get too complicated. Gifts are definitely a cool idea, ideally made from stuff available during Winter too. Maybe there could be player-made ones, cheaply crafted and filled with an item of choice, and "karma" ones by Nicholas, obtained for being a good child and containing random nicknack?

Or a gift that would kill the guy that opens it with an explosion. Classic.

Sure, why not. What items would obtainable from them and how would 'choosing an item' be handled, though?

11 minutes ago, PanAzej said:

Or a gift that would kill the guy that opens it with an explosion. Classic.

Sure, why not. What items would obtainable from them and how would 'choosing an item' be handled, though?

Gifts really shouldn't be lethal.

I guess the player would craft present paper in the colour of their choice, which is a container with one slot and doesn't accept stacks. Once given an item, it can never be opened again without destroying the present.

As for game-given presents, I'd say unique items are the way to go. We all know you love to make random stuff, say, a nutsmacker.

20 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

Gifts really shouldn't be lethal.

I guess the player would craft present paper in the colour of their choice, which is a container with one slot and doesn't accept stacks. Once given an item, it can never be opened again without destroying the present.

As for game-given presents, I'd say unique items are the way to go. We all know you love to make random stuff, say, a nutsmacker.

Hm, maybe DST's gift-opening animation could be reused, but with different gift graphics.

How would the game 'give' gift to the player? A gift falls on a small cute parachute from the sky near a player on one of winter nights or something? xD

Game-given gift would be labeled with player's name, and could be opened by only that player maybe?

10 minutes ago, PanAzej said:

Hm, maybe DST's gift-opening animation could be reused, but with different gift graphics.

How would the game 'give' gift to the player? A gift falls on a small cute parachute from the sky near a player on one of winter nights or something? xD

Game-given gift would be labeled with player's name, and could be opened by only that player maybe?

Good ideas, I agree on all points! We're a good team :D

Now to actually code this... Maybe later :p

59 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

You could possibly use the concept of Cute Survival Plushies for gifts. That can work in either game.

That's cute, but I'd like 'useful' stuff a bit more.

How about a 'sweet' pinecone inside a gift, that grows into a sweet-looking tree?

Or a walking cane that is a candy cane?

2 minutes ago, PanAzej said:

How about a 'sweet' pinecone inside a gift, that grows into a sweet-looking tree?

Or a walking cane that is a candy cane?

I agree. I'd rather see some reskins here and there, and that gift system sounds pretty good, but new items like plushies just sounds like a waste of inventory space. No offense to Arlesienne <3

It would also be super cool if you reskinned Krampus as Santa!

4 minutes ago, Ninjanemo said:

I agree. I'd rather see some reskins here and there, and that gift system sounds pretty good, but new items like plushies just sounds like a waste of inventory space. No offense to Arlesienne <3

It would also be super cool if you reskinned Krampus as Santa!

Reskin like that would require unpacking Krampus's anims/build, since I'd have to have bigger space to work with.

Not everything can be unpacked and packed again without animations breaking, so I can't say that I would be able to make a reskin like this.

Krampus sack reskin sounds cool. Not sure how it would be implemented, though.

8 minutes ago, Ninjanemo said:

I'm sure it can be done!

... Right, @Mobbstar?

Maybe the mod would change Krampus for everybody.

You know what could be really cool about Santa-Krampus? His hissing replaced with bells jingling.

Or upon opening the gift you would hear the bells and Krampus would spawn for you.

Or Krampus would jump out of the gift in some way? Not too sure...

I think I could try making Krampus's reskin without actually extending drawing space. All of this sounds like a TON of work, though!

3 minutes ago, PanAzej said:

You know what could be really cool about Santa-Krampus? His hissing replaced with bells jingling.

I know this is a small thing but you might've noticed how the chains on the krampus sack makes a rustling sound when you have it equipped. Well maybe you could replace those with some jingle bells that make a jingling sound when you walk around.

I know this is a very small thing, but I'm just a sucker for small details like that.

6 minutes ago, PanAzej said:

I think I could try making Krampus's reskin without actually extending drawing space. All of this sounds like a TON of work, though!

Great! I haven't tried drawing any sprites before, but if I can help you out in any way with that kind of stuff, I'd be more than happy to!

Just now, Ninjanemo said:

I know this is a small thing but you might've noticed how the chains on the krampus sack makes a rustling sound when you have it equipped. Well maybe you could replace those with some jingle bells that make a jingling sound when you walk around.

I know this is a very small thing, but I'm just a sucker for small details like that.

This is actually far simpler change than hissing sound.

Great! I haven't tried drawing any sprites before, but if I can help you out in any way with that kind of stuff, I'd be more than happy to!

We'll see if this bunch of ideas will actually go somewhere, lol.

2 hours ago, Ninjanemo said:

I agree. I'd rather see some reskins here and there, and that gift system sounds pretty good, but new items like plushies just sounds like a waste of inventory space.

2 hours ago, PanAzej said:

You two are aware of their functions, right?

Just now, Ninjanemo said:

No, please do enlighten me though :)

These plushies I mentioned as a sensible gifts - they drop with a moderate chance from mobs - have various functions. For instance varg plushies increases the chance of getting a varg. Hugging spiders gives one silk every few days. Pigmen plushies befriend pigs. Deerclops increases the chance a visit. There is a lot of them and I use them for Webber, Wendy and Abigail in Project Rosebud. They're not overpowered, just cute and with a little perk. They do make players be more adventurous though. Finally they count as pig king trinkets.

My reason to mention them was gifts from drops after doing something.

Archived