DrWickerbottom's Art Thread

42 minutes ago, MeingroessterFan said:

Gotta admit, Pinocchio would have been improved tenfold if he had been made of metal and had a taste for the blood of his enemies.

Something to think about for the gritty live action remake.

Doo ittt!

I mean, it does have a lot of content that makes PEGI skyrocket. But I utterly adore your additions.

• Like 1

Just now, Arlesienne said:

I despise Bowdlerisation.

Lords, I hate Executive Meddling. It leads to so many Bowdlerizations, What Could Have Beens and strangulations by the elusive, cursed Red Strings... among many, many other things... That's why We Can't Have Nice Things.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, MeingroessterFan said:

I guess this thing also kinda qualifies. It may not be educationally gory, but it sure is disturbing on many-a-level.

I love this work. One of the few I can actually "get something in my eye" after. I now see Webber in this context, and the rest of our triumvirate of doom... @DrWickerbottom, would you like to draw Webber, possibly being read to by Wicker?

• Like 2

Thanks for being patient ahah.. here are a few new sketches featuring all of my main muses on my Dr blog.

Dr. Winnifred Wickerbottom with her hot cocoa (cuz it's getting cold over here!), Lillian Wickerbottom (Dr's mom) with her birds, and Dr taking a selfie with a shy Margaret Wickerbottom in the background. Enjoy! xP I should have new content soonish

dr-scarf.jpg

lil3 2.jpg

dr-selfie.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, DrWickerbottom said:

Thanks for being patient ahah.. here are a few new sketches featuring all of my main muses on my Dr blog.

Dr. Winnifred Wickerbottom with her hot cocoa (cuz it's getting cold over here!), Lillian Wickerbottom (Dr's mom) with her birds, and Dr taking a selfie with a shy Margaret Wickerbottom in the background. Enjoy! xP I should have new content soonish

dr-scarf.jpg

lil3 2.jpg

dr-selfie.jpg

Worth the wait. Could you tell us more about your headcanon for Wicker? It seems you gave her nice relatives?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arlesienne said:

Worth the wait. Could you tell us more about your headcanon for Wicker? It seems you gave her nice relatives?

Absolutely hun! Dr. Winnifred Wickerbottom is my own spin on canon Wickerbottom. She's 43 and can be quite the flirt, but mostly takes pride in caring for everyone who needs her on the island with feeding, healing, anything. She's so used to the other survivors calling her mom!

I'd post her entire bio on here but it has some sad and possibly triggering events, so I'll give ya the link if you wanna read about them on Dr's tumblr blog. BUT REALLY!! Warning, it has mention of kidnapping/abuse/force, just an fyi. She'll be the first one on the page; I have 7 other Wickerbottoms, so if you're bored or something feel free to read about the rest of them ahaha. I know the ages and times might be confusing, so I decided that her mom (Lillian) was sent to the island before her at age 55, and Dr was sent later at age 43 (so that doesn't mean she had Dr at age 12 ahhhh noooo.. it's just my personal headcanon that time just stops on the island and it depends on when they were sent there!) Thanks for asking hun!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DrWickerbottom said:

Absolutely hun! Dr. Winnifred Wickerbottom is my own spin on canon Wickerbottom. She's 43 and can be quite the flirt, but mostly takes pride in caring for everyone who needs her on the island with feeding, healing, anything. She's so used to the other survivors calling her mom!

I'd post her entire bio on here but it has some sad and possibly triggering events, so I'll give ya the link if you wanna read about them on Dr's tumblr blog. BUT REALLY!! Warning, it has mention of kidnapping/abuse/force, just an fyi. She'll be the first one on the page; I have 7 other Wickerbottoms, so if you're bored or something feel free to read about the rest of them ahaha. I know the ages and times might be confusing, so I decided that her mom (Lillian) was sent to the island before her at age 55, and Dr was sent later at age 43 (so that doesn't mean she had Dr at age 12 ahhhh noooo.. it's just my personal headcanon that time just stops on the island and it depends on when they were sent there!) Thanks for asking hun!

They definitely do not age biologically. Thanks a lot for the link, I had a blast with the vivid art. They seem no Sues, instead being highly engaging. I see no reason to avoid putting them here, maybe sans the mermaid AU since it contains nudity.

May I ask for their attitude towards other transients? If they've met any?

• Like 3