DrWickerbottom's Art Thread

Hello fellow Don't Starve fans! I thought I'd hop on and share some of my fan art with you all on here. It ranges from crappy little doodles to finished illustrations. Sorry if it's a lot! You can find all of it and more at Dr's tumblr: http://drwickerbottom.tumblr.com Enjoy!

tumblr_ocwy1f3syq1vn150xo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_o6qkgyf2xv1u2kgar_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_o6on8lk8481u2kgar_1280.jpg

If I were to have a feature someday, I'd prefer this illustration below featuring Miss Volt and Miss Rose <3 

(new DST Wicker skins)

tumblr_ofw7fjyzbW1tw18uro1_1280.jpg

Aaaand here's a comic about Wickerbottom! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

tumblr_inline_o641wdNMeb1u2kgar_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_o641wriXiU1u2kgar_1280.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

tumblr_inline_o642esYeFE1u2kgar_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_o642f3VWcn1u2kgar_1280.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

tumblr_inline_o642gmRhim1u2kgar_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_o642ik6VIl1u2kgar_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_o642kcRrXO1u2kgar_1280.jpg tumblr_inline_o642ls1zSe1u2kgar_1280.jpg

• Like 11

Well, hey there! ariel goes heyo.pngWelcome to the boards, hope you have a nice stay.

Interesting choice using colored lineart to tell which character is which. It's a brilliant touch and makes you stand out.

17 minutes ago, DrWickerbottom said:

tumblr_inline_o642kcRrXO1u2kgar_1280.jpg

This particular piece draws my attention. Good perspective and ominous lighting.

Nice work as well balancing the two Wickerbottoms. I like how you're playing with the mechanics of DST.

• Like 2

I gotta say, that piece where Wiki's holding the varg puppy is quite cute the facial expression is well made, However I think she might be half ghost because she has a ghostly skirt.

Second best is that kittencoon, so adorable and heart warming. >w<

• Like 5

This is what I will be expecting on the next Twitch stream. @DrWickerbottom has a wonderfully vivid style. I love how you handle colours AND textures. Most just use vertical or horizontal lines and leave it like that. Here, we have clearly different materials and the colour palettes used to differentiate who is who. Very clever! I adore the fact the artworks are semi-realistic. Don't take me wrong, I enjoy the DS style, just this is a breath of new thought. I cannot wait for more, especially if we can see Wickerbottom interacting with Willow, Webber, WX and Wes! And Wolfgang!

• Like 4

@Arlesienne Thank you so much for the detailed feedback hun!! I guess I never really realized how my personal styles would influence a character's look within a fandom... I guess it's obvious isn't it! I don't think of these things. Your comments about my palettes and textures make me smile, very sweet to point out! I know it's usually secondary on top of the shape/form/line art, so this is nice to hear it's noticed. Yes the DS style is beautiful! It's definitely been a huge source of inspiration lately, even if it doesn't show directly. YAAS!!! I've drawn all of the listed characters before, quite a few just being goofy with Wickerbottom. I suppose I just don't post them here, it's all on Dr's tumblr x) 

5 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

This is what I will be expecting on the next Twitch stream

W-wait what...? //cry/ ;u; they do that? 

• Like 3

(I think I have a problem...ahhaha~) This was meant to be a sketch, but I got a bit carried away... sorry if all the constant posting is annoying! Please let me know if it is ;u;

Too many librarians you say? I dunno about that, it's a welcomed challenge to make more and more! But for now, I have 8 Wickerbottom muses on Dr's tumblr! If you have any questions for any of them, you can shoot an ask here~ THANK YOU KLEI FOR PROVIDING SUCH A MAGNIFICENT INSPIRATION OF A CHARACTER!! She literally gives me life ;^;

8 WIKIS-MED.jpg

• Like 5

@minespatch Sort of! The one in the middle, Dr Wickerbottom (40 years old) is my main, and she has a story developed. Lillian is her mother, and Meg (Margaret) is her aunt/mother's sister. The rest are just skins and AU's. Dr Tanzi is a Steven Universe AU, and Blanche is for a mermaid AU on the tumblr blog. Thanks for asking hun!

• Like 1