Thoughts and Graphic Ideas in the Cloudspace

Bebbit

poll  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Poll?

• Ye
    • Na

Spoiler

Hi. I'm Bebbit, but you may know me as Bebbit unless you don't know me, which I'd give about a sixty percent chance of being true.

That was an unnecessarily long sentence with little purpose right there so I'll cut to the chase. My old thread was archived due to inactivity due to lack of posts due to me giving up digital art for a while due to me getting frustrated with myself due to my low self-esteem due to my low art quality due to my incompetence due to my frustration with myself due to my low art quality. Jesus, that sure was an unnecesarily long sentence with little purpose right there so I'll cut to the chase.

That was to be the introduction to my thread, but it's a real mouthful so I'll start over.

I'm Bebbit, obviously. My old art thread was archived because I didn't make much for a while.

Now, I'm not only making art again - I'm also using this thread for my ramblings. Since nome is following me, I don't want to keep His Starchiness from tending to his offerings (mostly toy rocket ships and Maxwell's unholy dentures) with my status updates. Also so my thread has a lesser chance of being archived.

Anyway, here's my first drawing: an idea.

Spoiler

phantabug_updated.png

HOHO THICC LINES NOSTALGIA actually i'm more triggered than nostalgic

(it was really hard positioning the head in a natural-looking way without redrawing it completely. i think i gave up.)

That's a phantabug. It's an insectoid, but it puts its extra legs in the door on its side when it turns three years old. Nobody knows where the door leads.

It licks its master's dreams (...somehow) to see if they are savory or not (waking up the master if it's a nightmare) and if it finds a tasty dream, sinks its long fangs into the master's head or eyes to eat the dream. The master definitely absolutely survives for sure without a doubt. Wakes up totally fine and not blind or mad or suffering from severe internal bleeding in numerous vital organs. Yep. Completely a great pet to have around. Totally harmless.

It can have a master because it's a natural familiar, or rather, a magical creature that cannot be summoned but found in the wild and be tamed to provide services to the master. A phantabug in particular wards off nightmares and makes the master immune to mind influence (e.g. demon possession, mind reading).

It also has a hallucinogenic venom in its tail that puts victims into a deep sleep where they dream of having their deepest wish granted to them. Venom-induced dreams are not edible; it serves only as a defense mechanism. The venom can be used in a potion by powerful alchemists to actually grant said wishes to a certain extent.

It's rumored that the vegetable growing on its back is really tasty but has weird effects. Forest children who live in the phantabug's natural environment (obviously, the woods, and enchanted ones at that) dare each other to eat the vegetable. Most of the kids never take a bite, let alone pick it. In a time long ago and unrecorded, a forest child ate one and disappeared.

When the phantabug tries to talk, it says "kkkkkkkk." Sort of like whispering "kick" over and over again with no pause in between.

A phantabug is about 6' tall on average. They can be ridden.

OKAY BYE CHECK BACK LATER I'LL ADD MORE STUFF SOMETIME

9 hours ago, minespatch said:

I notice you tend to use green and yellow color palettes. Especially in the webcomic protagonist you've been working on.

Yeah, I find they're soft-looking and easy on the eyes. Especially that creamy yellow. Makes a good skin tone on some nonhumans. Supposed to be very, very short fur. The gentle, earthy tones are just something I'm fond of.

9 hours ago, minespatch said:

This concept seems interesting. Looks like something that would be in a post-10s Cartoon Network show.

What do you mean by that?

Another idea below.

Spoiler

Concept.png

First paragraph is kinda dark. Happy Halloween.

This... thing, Riley, is a murderous psychopath. Where he/she's from, criminals are brutally executed by having someone drill into their brain, place a metal object inside that will slowly expand outward, and put their head in molten metal or tar, encasing it. Then, the little ball on the inside expands until everything between it and the red-hot coating is crushed. All while the victim is awake.

Riley was a powerful sorcerer (what they were executed for: witchcraft), so powerful, in fact, that they were able to transfer their consciousness onto the sphere in their head before they died. Magic is an imprecise art, however, especially with such advanced and powerful spells. The spell barely worked, leaving them mentally twisted and erasing most of their memories.

They were so violent that even without knowing it would give them new eyes, they stabbed several holes in their head with a knife.

When Riley talks (can, surprisingly), his/her voice is half-muffled, half-echoed. Also, oddly enough, they can bleed, but it's often discolored.

The wings are immaterial but work rather effectively, and the little weird thing floating there is an (supposed) invisible-except-to-Riley spirit named Logic. Logic (supposedly) embodies Riley's previous memories and personality and tries to stop them from going on murder sprees. fruitlessly. On the night of a new moon, Logic casts a humanoid shadow for some reason. Spooky.

I'll expand upon all of my ideas at some point when I draw them more.

WOOP WOOP that's the sound of your inner voice saying "WOOP WOOP" unless you're a trained speedreader

anyway here's a new drawing.

cigar.png

That's "X." He wants to be a cool kid so he tried "cigarette." He doesn't know what it is.

You may recognize this guy, albeit an older design, from one of my status updates a while back. I've been drawing this updated version a lot on paper lately. I have a whole page of ~one-inch drawings of him. It's good practice for drawing with consistency, especially the ears. Also I think he's an interesting character but that's all ideas in my head and f*** writing amirite haha I have no talent

You know, it almost surprises me that y'all prefer spilling scalding herb-infused liquids into your lap than stale memes.

x_ref.png

Reference pictures for 'X'. 0% and 25% PSI charge, left to right. Also with & without his totally radical pocket vest. The concept for this guy is that over time, his psychic power (pyrokinesis) charges. He develops more monstrous physical traits (and old scars begin to show up) and becomes more volatile & crazy as this happens.

Also, I tried freehand line art again. Practice makes perfect marginally better!

On 12/19/2016 at 3:54 AM, DragonMage156 said:

If you can do that with a hand tremor than I demand more artwork!

Lol jk, don't stress yourself ^_^

Nah, it's fine. I love to draw, especially on those rare occasions when I don't get frustrated with myself and my lousy lack of fine motor skills.

Art below. I didn't color him in because I'm sleep deprived right now and I'll probably make him look like a five-year-old's drawing of a lego Superman. Of course, that's what my art is like anyway, but that's beside the point.

southeast.png

The lines are a little bit shaky, but split the blame for that between my left arm and my impatience.

Warning: character info below. It's not too long.

Spoiler

All of the characters I've drawn (Claus, Gambler, Riley, phantabugs, etc.) are part of a fantasy headworld, except for X(antho). He's part of a different, ongoing project. The character here is no exception; he exists in the same world as the rest.

Anyway, that's Stefan Southeast. He's an 18-year-old fluffy bag of fluff, a healing mage, and a shapeshifter. His hobbies include cooking, giving people excessively long, poofy hugs, and eating potentially dangerous potion ingredients. You wouldn't believe the effects of phantabug leaves.

He's also the the first person to go through a phantabug's dream extraction unharmed.

Fun fact: he's my first character in months (including ones I haven't shared) to not have an extensive criminal record.

Say, maybe I should draw & write more about the setting of this whole thing.

doggo.png

...Yeah, I don't know. Unfortunately for you, this is not a shameless bump with a funny maymay and you may actually have to witness more of my art below!

I have a desk now so I will probably have better line art from now on. That's a nice (and much needed) change.

17 hours ago, minespatch said:

the structure looks better than a five year old's drawing.

That's being a bit generous, don't you think? :D

4 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

1. Anthro of what? :p

2. Another mage. Mind you, it's healing and not elemental magic.

Nobody, it's just the guy in my avatar. His name is Xantho.

ALSO MORE ART WOOOOOO

cloudguy.png

Fully colored version of Stefan Southeast. Honestly, coloring is my favorite part of these drawings. Just drag around on SAI's color picker until you find something cool. Cotton candy hair is best hair.

My shading is a mess, but there's not much to be done about that. I know all the theory about light and geometry's effect on shading. I don't mind. Some things are better off with flat colors, anyway.

On 23.12.2016 at 3:39 AM, Bebbit said:

Fully colored version of Stefan Southeast. Honestly, coloring is my favorite part of these drawings. Just drag around on SAI's color picker until you find something cool. Cotton candy hair is best hair.

My shading is a mess, but there's not much to be done about that. I know all the theory about light and geometry's effect on shading. I don't mind. Some things are better off with flat colors, anyway.

For some reason this guy reminds me of Steven from SU. Must be the hair and colour palette, though the name certainly helps.

It's cartoon-ish shading imo.

As you all know, I am a very talented artist* and a charitable person*, so today I will show you just how I draw so well! Take a look at the video below.

*Not really.

*Not really.

Actual effort art below.

Spoiler
On 12/16/2016 at 10:03 PM, Bebbit said:

x_ref.png

Reference pictures for 'X'. 0% and 25% PSI charge, left to right. Also with & without his totally radical pocket vest. The concept for this guy is that over time, his psychic power (pyrokinesis) charges. He develops more monstrous physical traits (and old scars begin to show up) and becomes more volatile & crazy as this happens.

That's context. Anyway, here's X again.

fiftypercent.png

40% form. At this stage, his ears are hot to the touch, his hands are so shaky he can't write, and he has slurred speech. He's more calm at this charge than any other. Those headphones play calming music, but that's not the cause of his current docility. His captors thought that music would work. They've been missing for the past 70 days.

Archived