The Dastardly Set Peice Part 2

So, first of all if you haven't seen part one of this, the links here:

So if you read the first part, I said that I had found another one of these set pieces in my world. So I took all of the suggestions I got and went over to break some walls. I was hammering the walls with the autoswing (space). Everything was going fine until...while I was hammering walls, my player decided to go and autoswing at something else... Yeah. It was the chest. Once again it exploded into a ball of fiery despair, and quickly spread. With no way to stop the fire, I just sadly accepted the fact that I had lost to the chest again. It burnt to all the walls, and all the things inside of the fortress. There I was again, sitting in the burnt fortress as my friend shamed me.

So in conclusion... I HATE MYSELF. Somehow I always manage to mess something up. But I will keep challenging this chest whenever I see it next. I will not give up on beating this little annoying set piece.

Chest: 3

Chaq: 0

I also managed to get some pictures while everything was burning down:

CC5C00FACD33DC2CECAF03A0F7BB94DDAE478089

80CD2DE9FF6EA91F5D7A9B91E6BD8A3C4CCA1DDE

14 hours ago, Chaquinn said:

I HATE MYSELF. Somehow I always manage to mess something up. But I will keep challenging this chest whenever I see it next. I will not give up on beating this little annoying set piece.

Don't be so harsh on yourself. Autoaction is a great tnool. If I lost heart every time I force-attacked my pigs rather than those pesky bunnymen, I'd have long been six feet under. Think about positives - you got a lot of ashes which Abigail, farming spider glands, can turn into salve. These wooden walls aren't really useful for defense anyway since they combust when a firehound attacks.

Awww, WX is even crying! That really adds to the sadness of the picture...

Me, I'd give up and just ignore the chest entirely and live in the fortress pretending it wasn't there.  Until I or someone else whacked or auto-opened it anyway a few days later.  : P

Actually no...that place LOOKS awesome, but the first fire hound would burn it all down anyway.  STONE walls are the way to go (and even then, they get eaten by stupid hounds pretty fast).  Stone.

...and I also don't like to live THAT close to beefalo, usually...

...Notorious

11 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Awww, WX is even crying! That really adds to the sadness of the picture...

Me, I'd give up and just ignore the chest entirely and live in the fortress pretending it wasn't there.  Until I or someone else whacked or auto-opened it anyway a few days later.  : P

Actually no...that place LOOKS awesome, but the first fire hound would burn it all down anyway.  STONE walls are the way to go (and even then, they get eaten by stupid hounds pretty fast).  Stone.

...and I also don't like to live THAT close to beefalo, usually...

...Notorious

Signing this post of yours, really. It's a shame some good things look fugly (moonrock walls, here's looking at you) while others, while aesthetically-pleasing, aren't made BECAUSE => REASONS.

I tested the setpiece last night with Willow. If you hammer down nearby walls and then open the chest, it explodes, BUT you then get a chance to get the loot. I got a full fire staff, 4 gunpowder and logs. Oh, having a flingo just outside ensures you don't have to worry about the fire spreading.

I now took residence in there for the sake of showing how Willow tames the wilderness. Fire with fire...

Archived