NightWonder7's Don't Starve Fan Art

Favourite skin sets?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Probably been asked a hundred times in this forum before, but which skin set(s) is/are your favourite(s)?

• Guest of Honor
    • Survivor
    • Triumphant
    • Costume
    • Gladiator
    • Roseate
    • Snowfallen
    • Verdant
    • Victorian
    • Magmatic
    • Hallowed Nights
    • Merrymaker
    • Year of The Pig King
    • Others

A couple of months ago, I was tagged to do this OC interview of Wayne on dA. It was harder than jawbreakers to write it >_< but I managed to come up with something at the end.

So now I'm posting it here... because of reasons XD Just kidding; Thought I wanted to show some backstories, personality etc. of this OC, and I felt this interview helped me figuring out some stuff. Also I'm a bit bored XD I just hope I'm not awfully wrong on the history part. His place on the timeline is somewhat decided, but not the fact about him knowing Willow. So here it is: The thing nobody asked for! Or, maybe they did? I dunno.

PS: I made a few changes in this interview compared to the one I made at dA if you ever read that one ^^;

Interview.jpg

Spoiler

1.   What is your real name, what does is mean, and what is your nickname? 

“I’m Wayne. You can just call me that. I don’t think it has any special meaning…”

2.   How old are you?

“I’m 24 years old. Many people mistake me for being younger.”

3.   What's you're favorite food?

“My favourite food? …I love roast beef with root vegetables, mashed potatoes and gravy. And a hot apple pie with custard for desert.”

4.   How about your favorite drink?

“Hm, I will say ginger beer. I’ve only tasted it once in my life, but it’s the most delicious drink I’ve ever had.”

5.   Who's your lover?

“Ehe, I don’t really have anyone I fancy at the moment. (Or anyone who fancies me.)”

6.   Have you kissed anyone?

“No.”

7.   Who was your childhood sweetheart?

“I don’t know if this one counts: There was this girl who lived in the same orphanage as me. One day a group of other boys came up to me and started mocking me. (Nothing unusual, really). Suddenly she stepped up in front of me and chased them away. She then asked me if I was alright; that was the first time we talked to each other. After that we spent a lot of time playing together, and it was really nice. She was really nice. I wouldn’t call it my first love, but she was my best and only childhood friend.”

8.   Who's your favorite author?

“I don’t read a lot of novels.”

9.   What's your biggest fear?

“I’ve always been scared of fire, and being burned, for as long as I can remember. The fear got worse after an incident during the war however. I don’t like being close to open fires, and the very thought of being engulfed in flames is… extremely terrifying.”

10. Do you have any siblings? 

“It’s possible, but I doubt it. I was abandoned at the bottom of the stairs at the orphanage when I was only a couple of weeks old, according to my caretaker. This neckerchief I’m wearing is actually a part of a cloth I was wrapped in when they found me. Anyway, I didn’t really see the other orphans as my own brothers and sisters. The couple who adopted me already had two sons who were older than me; both adopted. I guess that’s the closest I’ve ever gotten to having siblings.”

11. Who's your hero?

“I don’t really have somebody I can call a “hero”, in all honesty. The closest I can get are my adoptive parents. Yes, there were a couple of things they did that I didn’t like or agree on, and my brothers often gave me a hard time, but this family helped me getting a more sustainable and brighter future. The orphanage wasn’t the happiest place; only my friend made the days brighter. They took me in when I was about seven and gave me a close feeling of being a part of a family. My father was the head of a small, local group of chimneysweepers, and I had to work for him. I was quite small for my age, so he gave me the narrowest chimneys to sweep. It turned out my brothers had been sweeping these chimneys too when they were younger, but as they grew, my father had to find a replacement. My parents soon discovered how dedicated and hardworking I was and sent me off to the big city to earn better money. In other words, they helped me discovering my talent and passion of doing a good job. Thanks to them, I got myself a sustainable life as a ground worker. Few orphans end up well, so I’m very grateful for what they did for me.”

12. And your worst enemy?

“I don’t usually have an issue with other people who have an issue with me. I try to stay out of trouble most of the time, and I’m quite patient with others. However, at this point, I want to say that my worst enemy is the man who brought me to this godforsaken place; Maxwell was his name, wasn’t it?”

13. What about your best friend?

“I think I’ve already explained who a few questions back. I never managed to find her again after all the years we were apart. I’m not even sure if we’d still be friends… But I’ve made a few friends later in my life, but none of them has ever gotten as close as her.”

14. What would you do if you met your creator?

“Do… you mean my real mother and father?”
“I think they are referring to me.”
“Oh, I see. Uhm, now that you are here, can I ask you this: since you’re my creator, why did you give me such a horrible fate?”
“…”
“…”
“Next question!”

15. What do you want to be when you grow up?

“Am I not considered an adult now..?”

16. What's your worst nightmare?

“My worst nightmare would be to be locked inside a burning house.” *shudders*

17. What's your lifelong dream?

“I wish to see more of the world. Also I’ve always wanted to ride a hot-air balloon. And then one day I hope to find a girl and settle down, most preferably on the country side; maybe at a farm? And maybe have a few children. But first… I need to find a way off this island.”

18. And what would you do if it came true?

“I would be ecstatic and at peace.”

19. Where do you like to relax?

“Back in the cities, my favourite place to relax was on the roof top of my apartment building. That was the only place I could get some real peace and quiet from the other people I shared the apartment with. From there I could see a few stars, though the view wasn’t much to brag about. It helped me to relax after a good day of working nevertheless. I guess one good thing came out of getting stranded here. I’ve never seen a night sky more beautiful.”

20. What do you do most of the time?

“Back home I worked all day long at construction sites; mostly digging and groundworks. It was hard and exhausting, but I enjoyed it in a way; it felt good knowing you had done a proper job. Whenever there were no jobs for me at the building industry, I found myself selling newspapers instead. That only happened a few times. My wage wasn’t very high, but it was enough to survive and provide my adoptive family with some money. And now? Well, heh, I’m still working to get to see another day.”

Fun fact: The name Wayne actually means wagon maker XD

Edited by NightWonder7
  • Like 7