A short tale of greed and deceit

There was a WX-78, a Wilson, a Wickerbottom and a Willow, all of whom (except the Wickerbottom, which I played that game) were new to Don't Starve.

I find a pack of sleeping ice hounds around an ice staff and decide to call my friends over. They were mostly surprised, in awe of a free item.

I nag one of them into picking up the staff, convincing them that the hounds are nocturnal and that daytime is the only safe time to pick up the staff.

So the person I nagged picks it up, waking up the pack. The hounds surrounded and made quick work of him.

The friends got angry and ran away, but the hounds rendered them horizontal soon after. I laughed my ass off while the hounds turned to kill me and the now-ghostly friends sat and watched, annoyed at my killing them.

We didn't even last a day.

Just now, CaptainChaotica said:

And things like THIS are why I'm very, very glad I'm naturally suspicious.  And game/genre/fairy-tale savvy.  Tempting, obviously magical item surrounded by "sleeping" dangerous creatures?  Come.  ON!

...Notorious

Genre-savviness for the win!

Although I did grab the volcano staff from an obvious set-piece in Shipwrecked under my own choice--but I was playing as Willow and isn't calling down THE FIERY WRATH OF THE HEAVENS upon your own head the _perfect_ way for her to die?  ;)  The stupidity was made up for by the epicness. 

10/10, would volcano myself again.

...Notorious

Archived