[Game Update] - A New Reign: Part 1 (193574)

• Developer

The shadow queen Charlie has begun to make her mark on the Don't Starve world, and her influence is manifesting in new and mysterious ways. What is her plan for Wilson and the survivors? Will she aid them in their fight for survival, or does she have something more dastardly in store?

Key Features:

• New Items: Charlie's handiwork is scattered throughout the world, ready for you to explore!
  • New World Event: Discover the power of the Moon Caller’s Staff, obtained through dark and magical means.   
  • Major map improvements: Many new improvements to the map. Including several new items that can be crafted to globally mark items or reveal an area on the minimap for everyone to see. 
  • Find your friends: Craft a compass and never lose a friend again!
  • Disease Changes: Crop disease is now rare and unpredictable, but there are warning signs that players can look out for before a plant becomes diseased. 
  • And more: Balance changes, bug fixes, items and goodies and more!

View full update

• Like 30

• Developer
44 minutes ago, Serpens said:

@V2C My map progress is lost, when loading an old world (world from before the update). Was it not possible to save that map progress ?

You're right, apologies for missing that one, but yes, for existing Worlds, map exploration will be reset this one time when switching over to the networked map data.

22 minutes ago, Mudley said:

So, this is basically bringing what was on the beta to the main branch? Nice.

Yup. This is starting to bring parts of ANR over to the main branch!

• Like 6

If all of this is part 1, then im excited for part 2. I know a lot of people have given up on this game, but i'm sticking with it to the end! There is still a lot of balances,  and changes to be made in this game and Klei's decisions are really whats gonna make or break the game.

The halloween skin concepts were amazing so that tells me that they're ready to be even more creative and wacky then before.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, TheMetalMan said:

I just checked my current server that I run from my computer and nothing seems to have changed.

So I have to do something extra or start a new server or something?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe servers have to be updated through SteamCMD or somethin.

13 minutes ago, TheStarver said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe servers have to be updated through SteamCMD or somethin.

I see. I just checked again and it does seem like I've lost all the map data.

So I guess I was just checking in the wrong place I guess. I'll do some exploring with my friend tomorrow.

Thanks anyhow.

• Like 1

@V2C @ScottHansen "Bug"-report:
game has a very strange behaviour now, if there is a typo in modworldgenmain overrides O.ô
My mod world suddenly started petrifying 100% right after world start and it was not possible to load the game a second time, cause the loading process was endless, until the pc usage was ~100% O.ô

It took me several hours now to find out that this just happend because of this small piece of code in modworldgenmain:

AddTaskSetPreInitAny(function(tasksetdata)

if tasksetdata.location ~= "forest" then 
        return
    end

tasksetdata.overrides={
        wormhole_prefab = "wormhole",
        layout_mode = "LinkNodesByKeys",
        autumn = "vershortseason",
        winter = "vershortseason",
        spring = "vershortseason",
        summer = "vershortseason",
    }
end)

There is a "y" missing...
This was also that way before the update. Before the update this just did nothing.
But now after the update it messes the whole game O.ô

So maybe you should take a look at it, why a small typo messes up the game that hard.

• Like 1